The Walking Dead

Sweeeet!!

Sunday's Season 2 premiere of AMC's The Walking Dead shattered basic cable ratings records.

The 90-minute episode drew 7.3 million total viewers, becoming the strongest telecast for any drama in basic cable history among two key demos.

The zombie drama based on Robert Kirkman's long-running comics drew 4.8 million viewers in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic, 4.2 million adults 25-54 and registered a 4.8 household rating, shattering a nearly 10-year-old basic cable record among the demos for a single drama telecast.

The 4.8 household rating and 7.3 million total viewers represent a 36 percent and 38 percent increase, respectively, over the drama's freshman season ratings.

"The Walking Dead is one of those rare television programs that reaches both a core genre fan as well as broad audiences simply looking for a great, character-based story," AMC president Charlie Collier said Monday. "We're so proud of and greatful for the amazing team on both sides of the camera who work so hard and is so committed to making this a unique programming event."

"That The Walking Dead is now the most-watched drama in the history of basic cable is staggering, just like our zombies," he added.

The series' Halloween night 2010 premiere drew 5.3 million viewers and a 2.7 rating in 18-49, the largest demo audience for any series premiere on cable last year.

More links at link.

'The Walking Dead' Season 2 Premiere Shatters Basic Cable Ratings Records - Hollywood Reporter

Oh yeah, everyone note: The Walking Dead is on Sundays at 9pm not 10pm. I thought the premiere was 9 but the regular schedule was 10. Wrong!! Anyone who records it make sure you note the correct time.

This has basically become my favorite show on TV since The Wire, Prison Break and Nip/Tuck are no longer on the air, I like to re-watch the episodes and see if there is anything I missed.

At first I was disappointed that they made an episode about the girl running off. It seemed so contrived, so hackneyed to me. But the idea that they may never find her alive is different and fits into the horror theme of the show.

I agree, people vanish all the time in real life so why not in this show?

At first I was disappointed that they made an episode about the girl running off. It seemed so contrived, so hackneyed to me. But the idea that they may never find her alive is different and fits into the horror theme of the show.

Especially in this show.

Especially in this show.

Yup, in a situation like this a few folks are bound to go missing so why not start now?

Sweeeet!!

Sunday's Season 2 premiere of AMC's The Walking Dead shattered basic cable ratings records.

The 90-minute episode drew 7.3 million total viewers, becoming the strongest telecast for any drama in basic cable history among two key demos.

The zombie drama based on Robert Kirkman's long-running comics drew 4.8 million viewers in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic, 4.2 million adults 25-54 and registered a 4.8 household rating, shattering a nearly 10-year-old basic cable record among the demos for a single drama telecast.

The 4.8 household rating and 7.3 million total viewers represent a 36 percent and 38 percent increase, respectively, over the drama's freshman season ratings.

"The Walking Dead is one of those rare television programs that reaches both a core genre fan as well as broad audiences simply looking for a great, character-based story," AMC president Charlie Collier said Monday. "We're so proud of and greatful for the amazing team on both sides of the camera who work so hard and is so committed to making this a unique programming event."

"That The Walking Dead is now the most-watched drama in the history of basic cable is staggering, just like our zombies," he added.

The series' Halloween night 2010 premiere drew 5.3 million viewers and a 2.7 rating in 18-49, the largest demo audience for any series premiere on cable last year.

More links at link.

'The Walking Dead' Season 2 Premiere Shatters Basic Cable Ratings Records - Hollywood Reporter

Oh yeah, everyone note: The Walking Dead is on Sundays at 9pm not 10pm. I thought the premiere was 9 but the regular schedule was 10. Wrong!! Anyone who records it make sure you note the correct time.

Phew! ( wipes brow )

Now I won't have to record and watch the following day! Thank you 9:00 slot!

Sweeeet!!

More links at link.

Phew! ( wipes brow )

Its on at 0800 PM here in Alabama.:razz:

Sweeeet!!

More links at link.

Phew! ( wipes brow )

Its on at 0800 PM here in Alabama.:razz:

Oh crap I forgot about time zones! Duh.

Yeah maybe everyone should check their local listing on the time.

:eek:

Am I to believe that not one of my TWD friends watched this past Sunday's episode??? C'mon ... say it ain't so!?!

Alright, here's my take ...

Lose some of the drama and give me my zombies!
I understand the need for character development, I do. But I watch the show for my love of the undead and the fact that I like to be scared by the thought of being in a similar situation, should the dead walk the Earth.

I'm not giving up on the show. I'll continue to watch. I just ask for more suspense and gore.

On a side note I would like to add that if it were possible, I would move into the big old beautiful farm house to live out the rest of my days.

:eek:

Am I to believe that not one of my TWD friends watched this past Sunday's episode??? C'mon ... say it ain't so!?!

Alright, here's my take ...

Lose some of the drama and give me my zombies!
I understand the need for character development, I do. But I watch the show for my love of the undead and the fact that I like to be scared by the thought of being in a similar situation, should the dead walk the Earth.

I'm not giving up on the show. I'll continue to watch. I just ask for more suspense and gore.

On a side note I would like to add that if it were possible, I would move into the big old beautiful farm house to live out the rest of my days.

I did watch it, I like what I see so far. I wonder when they are going to bring the Black man and his son back into the picture, and Earl.

>

I watched it, seems like the farm (while a nice place) is a little insecure. Didn't see any attempt to secure the windows or access to the house.

>>>>

On one of the Walking Dead sites a few people who have read the comic books have said that big changes are acomin'! Patience . . . . .

I enjoyed this episode. BUT, I'm annoyed that so much hand-wringing is being done over Carl's misfortune vs. little Sophie who is likely by now a zombie. Really? Blarg.

My favorite part in this episode? When the zombie was just about to nom on Andrea and POW!, right in the noggin' by the woman on the horse then THWUP, arrow shot to the head by Daryl after the zombie sits back up and Daryl says 'shut up'. :lol: Excellent!

On one of the Walking Dead sites a few people who have read the comic books have said that big changes are acomin'! Patience . . . . .

I enjoyed this episode. BUT, I'm annoyed that so much hand-wringing is being done over Carl's misfortune vs. little Sophie who is likely by now a zombie. Really? Blarg.

My favorite part in this episode? When the zombie was just about to nom on Andrea and POW!, right in the noggin' by the woman on the horse then THWUP, arrow shot to the head by Daryl after the zombie sits back up and Daryl says 'shut up'. :lol: Excellent!

I just don't think they are going to find the girl, if they have not done so already. A little girl cannot last days in the woods alone with Zombies roaming around, its just not realistic.

Forum List

Back