The wall won't work

The problem I see here is that you would obviously take bribes from criminals so you have to think that everyone would

Well, since it's a stupid law, I have no problem with people breaking it.

Again, want to stop illegals, go after the rich white people who hire them.
Yeah bribing law enforcement to break the law is a good thing.

Put the crack pipe down

This convenient canard that US business promotes, and fosters, illegal immigration is, simply, a liberal lie.

Take the time to do the research ---- investigate where these illegal immigrants are supposedly working - check out how much they are paid, look at what documentation they are required to produce.

Yes, they work at US businesses, who find ways to get around the documentation check by saying, "Well, it looked legit to me. You mean his name wasn't "John Smith", it was "Juan Lopez"?

The other trick these slimy businesses use is to hire temp agencies who send "Contractors". They know what they are getting.

Crack down and fine the businesses the demand will dry up. Period.

When you create a situation where you can bribe law enforcement, because people want what is being sold, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Drugs, prostitution, undocumented labor. People WANT these things. That's why there's a demand for them. And that's why the people who enforce these laws can always be bribed to "look the other way".

Where is this mythical "cheap labor" you keep crowing about???? Check out their wages.

Are you willing to be stopped on the streets and asked for YOUR National ID??? Are you willing to go to jail because you left it in your desk? Maybe the answer is to tattoo "registration numbers" on their wrist, right???

I carry my driver license on me at all times. Plenty of room in my wallet.

But here's the thing. If you link the National ID to a picture, and I give you my social security number and it pops up with a picture of a middle aged balding guy, then they will know it's me.

If you pop in that number and the person using it is a young Hispanic male who doesn't look like me at all, you know he's probably trying to pass off a fake document.

We have a problem because people are knowingly and willingly hiring people they know are illegals. Even if they had documents that "looked good enough", you can tell after a week or so they probably aren't who they say they are... if you cared.

When you create a situation where you can bribe law enforcement, because people want what is being sold, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Drugs, prostitution, undocumented labor. People WANT these things. That's why there's a demand for them. And that's why the people who enforce these laws can always be bribed to "look the other way".

So why have any laws?
Are you for making bribing politicians legal too?

FYI I'm all for making all drugs legal and stopping the failed war on drugs
Consensual sex between adults is also not a real crime

You can't bribe a wall either.

No, you just bribe the guy who is guarding the wall.

"We'll be there at 9 PM with our ladder, at the part of the wall you'll be guarding. You get half now, half when we are over the wall."

Again, buddy, did you know that prostitution is illegal, but you'd have no problem finding a hooker if you really wanted one. Drugs are illegal, but lots of people are smoking and snorting.

You can't bribe a wall either.

No, you just bribe the guy who is guarding the wall.

"We'll be there at 9 PM with our ladder, at the part of the wall you'll be guarding. You get half now, half when we are over the wall."

Again, buddy, did you know that prostitution is illegal, but you'd have no problem finding a hooker if you really wanted one. Drugs are illegal, but lots of people are smoking and snorting.

The only problem with your theory is that the wall will have cameras, and the guards will have to explain why they didn't do anything about people trying to get across.

We have a Commerce Clause. We should be making money by making it easier for potential Labor to engage in tourism in the US.

... making our country look like a big Douchebag to the world. .
I find that a huge improvement over 'Uncle Sucker'.
No doubt Trump supporters like him much more than Obama. There are always going to be ideological divisions. That doesn't mean we can't rationally debate specific policies and it doesn't mean that Trump can do no wrong.
You can't rationally debate with Dims and snowflakes because the stuff they believe isn't rational.
I think it depends on the person, I know several college professors (my dad is one, although he's Kansas conservative), and they can be reasoned with. a lot of their notions and such are crap, but you need to converse in order to find the truth...so for those willing to engage in a real debate, you should do it....for the lakhotas, joebs, rdeans.....no just mock them and move on

Border Wall Models Thwart US Commandos In Tests
Why did anyone need to test that? That's like testing whether birds have wings. The reason there's no wall there now is that a wall won't work.

What idiot ever thought a wall is such a bright idea, in the first place?

Donald Trump was the dumbest goddamn student I ever had.
-- William T. Kelley, one of Trump's professors at U. Penn​
The point is if a commando can't do it...then Jose can't as well....so it proves it DOES work

I love it when I see this crap. You all know it will work and very effectively

Border Wall Models Thwart US Commandos In Tests

Recent assaults by tactical teams on prototypes of President Donald Trump’s proposed wall with Mexico indicate their imposing heights should stop border crossers, a U.S. official with direct knowledge of the rigorous assessment told The Associated Press

The highly trained testers scaled 16 to 20 feet (4.9 to 6.1 meters) unassisted but needed help after that, said the official who described the assaults on the wall prototypes to the AP. Testers also expressed safety concerns about getting down from 30 feet

That fall is a doozey...and they need help to scale to 30 feet as special forces......it's gonna work and that's why people don't like it.
Actually , we agree to disagree. We don't need a border wall. We need to enforce immigration laws and punish businesses those that use, exploit , hire or otherwise choose to hire illegals over and above Legal imigrants or American workers. THAT seems more practical and to the point.
I agree with enforcing the existing laws.....but if we cant control the border, it makes the former task impossible. get the wall, then we can deport them and they cant come back.

So all the millions of illegals will all know which border patrol agent to bribe and have the money to make it worth while?

ARe you smoking crack again?

First, millions don't cross every day.

Second, it probably won't take long for the coyotes to figure out who can be bribed.

I said the military as in the Army and Marines for land based border patrols and the Navy for sea based.

You weren't that specific, and again, an E-1 making 17K will be pretty easy to bribe. $1000 bucks and ten minutes with Maria in the back of the truck? Done.
But see you're already proving it does work.....now you have to do more dangerous stuff like bribery of a border agent. You might find a few, but it's risky for those coyotes....and many will be caught..

The point is not to make it 0% crossing, but if we can reduce it say 50-70% I'm very happy with that number. I think it will be even greater than that.

Evidence?

If government doesn't work, then why are idiots like you always demanding more if it?

It works just fine doing practical things. lIke building roads. That road will get built.

But when there's money to be made sneaking people across the border, you get shit like this.

New York Times: Corrupt U.S. Border Agents a Boon for Smugglers

According to an investigation by the New York Times, more than 200 Homeland Security (DHS) employees and contractors have accepted nearly $15 million in bribes over the last ten years. In return, these border-security officials have turned a blind eye as tons of drugs and thousands of undocumented immigrants were smuggled over the border.

Reporters discovered that in addition to providing intentionally lax border security, employees were guilty of a whole raft of serious crimes — even, in one instance, providing information to a drug cartel that was used in the attempted murder of an informant.

DHS workers also illegally sold immigration documents, including green cards, and accessed secure law-enforcement databases on behalf of drug dealers and criminals.
So we have laws against murder, people still do it.....maybe increase the penalty if you get caught?

This convenient canard that US business promotes, and fosters, illegal immigration is, simply, a liberal lie.

Take the time to do the research ---- investigate where these illegal immigrants are supposedly working - check out how much they are paid, look at what documentation they are required to produce.

Yes, they work at US businesses, who find ways to get around the documentation check by saying, "Well, it looked legit to me. You mean his name wasn't "John Smith", it was "Juan Lopez"?

The other trick these slimy businesses use is to hire temp agencies who send "Contractors". They know what they are getting.

Crack down and fine the businesses the demand will dry up. Period.
I'm all for it......and the wall.....

So all the millions of illegals will all know which border patrol agent to bribe and have the money to make it worth while?

ARe you smoking crack again?

First, millions don't cross every day.

Second, it probably won't take long for the coyotes to figure out who can be bribed.

I said the military as in the Army and Marines for land based border patrols and the Navy for sea based.

You weren't that specific, and again, an E-1 making 17K will be pretty easy to bribe. $1000 bucks and ten minutes with Maria in the back of the truck? Done.
But see you're already proving it does work.....now you have to do more dangerous stuff like bribery of a border agent. You might find a few, but it's risky for those coyotes....and many will be caught..

The point is not to make it 0% crossing, but if we can reduce it say 50-70% I'm very happy with that number. I think it will be even greater than that.
A market friendly visa would mean paying tourists.

... making our country look like a big Douchebag to the world. .
I find that a huge improvement over 'Uncle Sucker'.
No doubt Trump supporters like him much more than Obama. There are always going to be ideological divisions. That doesn't mean we can't rationally debate specific policies and it doesn't mean that Trump can do no wrong.
You can't rationally debate with Dims and snowflakes because the stuff they believe isn't rational.
I think it depends on the person, I know several college professors (my dad is one, although he's Kansas conservative), and they can be reasoned with. a lot of their notions and such are crap, but you need to converse in order to find the truth...so for those willing to engage in a real debate, you should do it....for the lakhotas, joebs, rdeans.....no just mock them and move on
Hate to break it to you but Bri is Just as bad as those you just listed, he is just on the opposite wing. He plays the same partisan games and doesn’t display an ability to listen and debate. One of those to just mock and move on...

Hate to break it to you but Bri is Just as bad as those you just listed, he is just on the opposite wing. He plays the same partisan games and doesn’t display an ability to listen and debate. One of those to just mock and move on...

Bripat is more rational than that. He is far better than Pogo or Tank or Todster, etc, and he usually brings relevant facts or observations to a discussion.

But yeah, he seems to like cheapshots, but damn, the Dems have to take partial responsibility too for that because they make it all so easy!

Bripat is more rational than that. He is far better than Pogo or Tank or Todster, etc, and he usually brings relevant facts or observations to a discussion.

But yeah, he seems to like cheapshots, but damn, the Dems have to take partial responsibility too for that because they make it all so easy!
Most conversations I have with him he ends up completely distorting my positions by clumping me into one of his fantasy narratives so he can win some fictitious battle he thinks he is having. Its comical but not something I respect or can take seriously.

Forum List

Back