The Warning Signs of a Combustible Presidential Transition

There's a real possibility we could have a fucking mess in two months. Constitutional crisis-type mess.

Hey, more chaos. We should be used to it by now.

No, it is pretty clear that the leftwing loons want a civil war. I am now convinced it is coming. The only question now is how bad is it going to get. The Dem cities are going to burn. I hope the good folks can get out before it is too late.

We'll withhold their food and the left will surrender within weeks.

Many are quite concerned that if Trump were to lose..his disciples won't accept it. They say they'll take to the streets....Should be quite interesting.

President Donald Trump has long signaled that if he loses reelection, it would surely be illegitimate. With his base primed to believe that victory is the only acceptable outcome, the post-election period could be the most combustible in memory. This wrenching summer—and the Trump rally I attended here yesterday—provides a grim preview of what the weeks after the November 3 vote could look like, with a subset of Trump’s supporters already showing that they’re prepared to advance his interests in the streets.
When I asked Leo Walker, a 68-year-old retiree at the rally, whether the president’s backers would publicly protest a Biden victory, he said, “They’ll do more than that. They will take the country back.” By force? “They will take the country back. There’s no doubt in my mind.” Trump, Walker said, “can do no wrong.”

The weeks after the election could be “a very dangerous period” for the country, says Miles Taylor, a former senior official in the Homeland Security Department, whose agents were deployed to quell recent police-violence protests in Portland, Oregon, against the wishes of the state’s leadership. Taylor left the agency last year and has since emerged as an outspoken critic of the president. “I talk to law-enforcement officials all the time who I used to serve with, and they’re nervous about November and December,” he continued. “We’re seeing an historic spike in gun sales. There’s some of the worst polarization in United States history. This is beyond a powder keg. This is the Titanic with powder kegs filled all the way to the hull.”

In interviews at the rally here yesterday afternoon, Trump supporters told me a Biden victory is so implausible that it could come about only through corrupt means. Latrobe sits in a county where Trump defeated Hillary Clinton four years ago by a 2–1 margin, and no one I spoke with thought Trump was in any real danger of losing this race either.
Walker spoke of a potential “revolution” were that to happen. “He ain’t got a prayer,” Walker said of Biden. “He can only win with fraud.
“That’s the only prayer, and that will cause the third and final revolution in this country,” he added, citing the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.

You'll find out if and when it's necessary.
Dufus..I live in Idaho..not a thing is going to change here. YOU'LL find out....hopefully the lesson won't be the end of you.

Let me guess Boise? Am I right? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
Nope....about 120 miles to the Southeast..right about on the Nevada line. Nary a Dem to be seen..but more than a few Trump-haters....still a minority though.
I know lots of neo-Cons who hate Trump even though they're making more money than ever.
They're still voting for Trump.

Many are quite concerned that if Trump were to lose..his disciples won't accept it. They say they'll take to the streets....Should be quite interesting.

President Donald Trump has long signaled that if he loses reelection, it would surely be illegitimate. With his base primed to believe that victory is the only acceptable outcome, the post-election period could be the most combustible in memory. This wrenching summer—and the Trump rally I attended here yesterday—provides a grim preview of what the weeks after the November 3 vote could look like, with a subset of Trump’s supporters already showing that they’re prepared to advance his interests in the streets.
When I asked Leo Walker, a 68-year-old retiree at the rally, whether the president’s backers would publicly protest a Biden victory, he said, “They’ll do more than that. They will take the country back.” By force? “They will take the country back. There’s no doubt in my mind.” Trump, Walker said, “can do no wrong.”

The weeks after the election could be “a very dangerous period” for the country, says Miles Taylor, a former senior official in the Homeland Security Department, whose agents were deployed to quell recent police-violence protests in Portland, Oregon, against the wishes of the state’s leadership. Taylor left the agency last year and has since emerged as an outspoken critic of the president. “I talk to law-enforcement officials all the time who I used to serve with, and they’re nervous about November and December,” he continued. “We’re seeing an historic spike in gun sales. There’s some of the worst polarization in United States history. This is beyond a powder keg. This is the Titanic with powder kegs filled all the way to the hull.”

In interviews at the rally here yesterday afternoon, Trump supporters told me a Biden victory is so implausible that it could come about only through corrupt means. Latrobe sits in a county where Trump defeated Hillary Clinton four years ago by a 2–1 margin, and no one I spoke with thought Trump was in any real danger of losing this race either.
Walker spoke of a potential “revolution” were that to happen. “He ain’t got a prayer,” Walker said of Biden. “He can only win with fraud.
“That’s the only prayer, and that will cause the third and final revolution in this country,” he added, citing the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.

Dufus..I live in Idaho..not a thing is going to change here. YOU'LL find out....hopefully the lesson won't be the end of you.

I'm thinking drives a Prius.
LOL...Idaho dufus..I have two trucks....and a Subaru Outback. You shouldn't let your stereotypical bs cloud your reality..not everyone who dislike Trump and all your ilk is a Leftist..many of us just want good governance..and low drama.

LOL...Idaho dufus..I have two trucks....and a Subaru Outback. You shouldn't let your stereotypical bs cloud your reality..not everyone who dislike Trump and all your ilk is a Leftist..many of us just want good governance..and low drama.
Me...I'm fed up with polite representatives and polite financial advisors...all liars.

You are either with Trump or you are a Nancy Pelosi collaborator, pick a side. The Subaru tells me all I need to know.

I can only make one fact clear. That you will never be the end of me you Marxist pussy!
LOL! I doubt you have the faintest idea of what Marxism even is..you congenital idiot! Just something you call people to slander them. When you put your ignorance on display like that....it is hard no to laugh! Calling me some slang term for a woman's vagina is not going to ever change that!

Someday soon, it's all going to get real....reflect on that, if you can. One's political ideology means nothing...when the hammer hits the pin.

You got me shakin' Mr. Meltdown. Don't forget to wash your pussy hat before the shootin' starts.....:fu:.

You are either with Trump or you are a Nancy Pelosi collaborator, pick a side. The Subaru tells me all I need to know.
Really? Someone's car model informs you of 'all you need to know'?
How truly funny! I totally reject your feeble attempt to classify me--just so you don't have to see the nuances. You know nothing....and only fools buy into the us vs them mentality. you are a tool..how does that feel?

I can only make one fact clear. That you will never be the end of me you Marxist pussy!
LOL! I doubt you have the faintest idea of what Marxism even is..you congenital idiot! Just something you call people to slander them. When you put your ignorance on display like that....it is hard no to laugh! Calling me some slang term for a woman's vagina is not going to ever change that!

Someday soon, it's all going to get real....reflect on that, if you can. One's political ideology means nothing...when the hammer hits the pin.

You got me shakin' Mr. Meltdown. Don't forget to wash your pussy hat before the shootin' starts.....:fu:.
Shooting/ I'll have my popcorn ready....free entertainment is hard to come by. Tell me...not that I really have hopes of a cogent answer..but why is it that you have such a problem accepting that a moderate, slightly to the right country guy..could hate Trump and all his ilk?

The left is just as entertaining, to be sure..but this board..my oh my! I sometimes put it on the big-screen..and show my friends the kind of loons out there..they are entranced!

How truly funny! I totally reject your feeble attempt to classify me--just so you don't have to see the nuances. You know nothing....and only fools buy into the us vs them mentality. you are a tool..how does that feel?

^^^ Gary Johnson supporter alert.

The left has said that if people vote for Trump and he wins, there WILL be violence. I seem to recall that as a method of the Italian Mob, when dealing with small businesses. "Do as we say (give us money) for protection, or something may happen to your business."

I give it to ya..you pegged that one. Gary is OK. Some of the Libertarian BS misses me..but at least he's sane! Voted McMullen last time.

I give it to ya..you pegged that one. Gary is OK. Some of the Libertarian BS misses me..but at least he's sane! Voted McMullen last time.

I told you, Subaru. lol

What do you think the left is going to do if he wins? Look at what they are doing now?

The Bernie staffers who called for burning cities if Bernie loses... which did happen... proposed gulags.

What do you think the left is going to do if he wins? Look at what they are doing now?
They'll just expand it to other cities and get more violent. Their goal, win at any cost and if they can't win through legal means, it's revolution.

The left has said that if people vote for Trump and he wins, there WILL be violence. I seem to recall that as a method of the Italian Mob, when dealing with small businesses. "Do as we say (give us money) for protection, or something may happen to your business."
Well..both sides seem to be singing that song, eh? The odds favor a Biden victory...I know you guys don't buy that..but the reaction of the far right is probably closer to the impending reality.

I'm not a disciple of Trump, I'm an American war veteran, and the only people who think Biden can win are the disciples of hate, and the reality is you will all swiftly die if and when you go for it, you have poked the bear and he is rousing himself, and god help you once he's full awake, god help you! :wink:

“Many are quite concerned that if Trump were to lose..his disciples won't accept it.”

Perhaps – but it won’t make any difference.

Trump supporters, conservatives, and other on the right are all talk and no action.

They’ll piss and moan and lie about ‘cheating’ and ‘fraud’ but they’re fundamentally cowards.

“Many are quite concerned that if Trump were to lose..his disciples won't accept it.”

Perhaps – but it won’t make any difference.

Trump supporters, conservatives, and other on the right are all talk and no action.

They’ll piss and moan and lie about ‘cheating’ and ‘fraud’ but they’re fundamentally cowards.

Why do Dimm's beg for lead?

Forum List

Back