🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The WEIRD political hypocrisy of this board.

even beyond trump.....no relief in site....

Republicans poisoned the well in stealing a Supreme Court seat

The chances of .....
Let’s shake hands and let bygones be bygones are nil until Republicans make good

They have created a new political reality and I don’t think they will be happy with what they have to live with
like you guys have never poisoned that well.....and you guys helped create that new political reality.....but then the dems did not have much to work with either...
Give me an equivalent example of the Dems doing the same and we can talk
if you are talking about the supreme court tell me that democrats would not have done the samei ?....

I have 175 years of the Democrats not doing the same

I asked you to provide an equivalent example of the Democrats doing something similar

I assume you have nothing
and i said that they would do the same dam thing if they were in the same circumstances...and you know dam well they would....but you would never admit that and we know why you never would....

The chances of .....
Let’s shake hands and let bygones be bygones are nil until Republicans make good

They have created a new political reality and I don’t think they will be happy with what they have to live with
like you guys have never poisoned that well.....and you guys helped create that new political reality.....but then the dems did not have much to work with either...
if you are talking about the supreme court tell me that democrats would not have done the samei ?....

I asked you to provide an equivalent example of the Democrats doing something similar

and i said that they would do the same dam thing if they were in the same circumstances...and you know dam well they would....but you would never admit that and we know why you never would....
Let me put it this way......

They never did for 175 years.......They will now

Tired of taking McConnells and Trumps BS

Under Obama everyone on the right loved Bush and the left hated him. Now Bush is hated by the right and admired by the left.
When McCain/Romney ran against Obama they were supported by the right and despised by the left. Now those roles too have reversed.

I think it is a flawed personal trait when you don't have the courage to stick to your so called principles regardless of someone elses health condition. It's hard to take a lot of you serious.

Its not that complicated. Most presidents and presidential candidates are slowly more admired after they've left office by the general population. Including most of the population on the left.

Fringe Right wingers have gobbled so much 'New World Order' and 'Deep State' conspiracy Kool-aid that they buck this trend. And despise Bush as part of their batshit conspiracy.

I've seen right wingers describe even Reagan as the enemy.

Under Obama everyone on the right loved Bush and the left hated him. Now Bush is hated by the right and admired by the left.
When McCain/Romney ran against Obama they were supported by the right and despised by the left. Now those roles too have reversed.

I think it is a flawed personal trait when you don't have the courage to stick to your so called principles regardless of someone elses health condition. It's hard to take a lot of you serious.

Its not that complicated. Most presidents are slowly more admired after they've left office by the general population. Including most of the population on the left.

Fringe Right wingers have gobbled so much 'New World Order' and 'Deep State' conspiracy Kool-aid that they buck this trend. And despise Bush as part of their batshit conspiracy.

I have seen the enemy and it is ............republicans

Its not that complicated. Most presidents are slowly more admired after they've left office by the general population. Including most of the population on the left.

I have seen the enemy and it is ............republicans

They are more a symptom of the real threat: the erosion of critical thinking skills and the adoption of political bulimia. Right wingers don't really think like they used to. There used to be a philosophical core to conservative ideals that was at least intellectually defensible.

Now these poor souls just binge whatever pablum Rush or Hannity or Coulter or Jones is spouting on a given day. And then purging it without really understanding what the hell they are saying or why.

And most of what they're apeing is conspiracy nonsense.

You gotta scratch your head when Americans who lived through the tough times of the Obama administration and now enjoy a booming economy bring up the issue of hypocrisy when they seem to hate everything there is about America during the Trump administration..

You gotta scratch your head when Americans who lived through the tough times of the Obama administration and now enjoy a booming economy bring up the issue of hypocrisy when they seem to hate everything there is about America during the Trump administration..

The obvious flaw in your reasoning being that Trump isn't America. Thus to trash Trump isn't to 'hate everything there is about America'.

Right wingers may not be able to comprehend the distinction. But rational people can.

When it comes to politics I don’t take anything seriously nor do I think politics is necessarily principled.

The obvious flaw in your reasoning being that Trump isn't America. Thus to trash Trump isn't to 'hate everything there is about America'.

Right wingers may not be able to comprehend the distinction. But rational people can.

Exactly.

Moreover, the mendacity of blaming the "tough times of the Obama administration" on Obama, and hoping to get away with attributing "a booming economy" to Trump demonstrates some serious chutzpah.

But, in a way, that's being consistent. If, or so they thought, you go for Fuehrer cult, you don't do it half-assed; you go all in. The Fuehrer likes it that way.

big difference in the quality of politician of today as to yesteryear...even the bad ones back then gave the country a little consideration...these ones today?....

Not while Trump is President
even beyond trump.....no relief in site....

The chances of .....

if you are talking about the supreme court tell me that democrats would not have done the same?....

They would not have done the same.

When you rewrite history to fit your narrative, anything is possible. The fucking nutbags here simply can not accept reality. It would require them to apologise for the way they've scorched the earth in DC and for allowing a windbag like Trump to get anywhere near an elected office.
they cant except reality?....is that anything like the people who cant except election results?....because thats reality too....

Accept. Idiot.

The chances of .....

I don't think "it works" like one side saying "sorry" here's a Justice Seat. And the reality is that the dems should be in Obama's third term, but they ran the worst since McGovern. McConnell played politics.

Now Graham's in a snit because the mean old dems smeared Kavenaugh with the accusation by one, very credible woman. Graham is correct that in the future, with Me To, any accusation by a woman of something long ago will have to be investitgated to make sure there is not some pattern of abuse. But if there's not a pattern ... I think you gotta let it go. It'd be nice if men could be big enough to say when they were young they didn't handle themselves as they wish they had, but they've grown up.

Hopefully there will not be anymore vacant seats till Trump is gone. And hopefully the dems will catch a clue and run an electable candidate.
Graham needed to speak up about the injustice of Merrick Garland

Otherwise he is just a partisan whiner
Of course he's a partisan whiner. As are democrats.
Very true

But his outrage over poor Kavanaugh fell flat
I dunno. I think Kavenaugh was badly treated. I don't think he was the most qualified conservative, and I think Trump picked solely because he was a safe vote for letting Trump keep secret whatever Trump wants .... but imo if a person is accused of a personal moral failure involving an non-financial/professional nature, then it has to be lodged with the FBI before any investigation is complete., and unless there are corroborating witnesses or a series of similar complaints, it has to be put aside.

He lied during his confirmation hearings. That's disqualifying.

Exactly.

Moreover, the mendacity of blaming the "tough times of the Obama administration" on Obama, and hoping to get away with attributing "a booming economy" to Trump demonstrates some serious chutzpah.

But, in a way, that's being consistent. If, or so they thought, you go for Fuehrer cult, you don't do it half-assed; you go all in. The Fuehrer likes it that way.

Especially when the economy added more jobs in the last 21 months of Obama's presidency than it did the first 21 months of Trump's.

And that's without running up the deficit with massive tax cuts for corporations.

I don't think "it works" like one side saying "sorry" here's a Justice Seat. And the reality is that the dems should be in Obama's third term, but they ran the worst since McGovern. McConnell played politics.

Now Graham's in a snit because the mean old dems smeared Kavenaugh with the accusation by one, very credible woman. Graham is correct that in the future, with Me To, any accusation by a woman of something long ago will have to be investitgated to make sure there is not some pattern of abuse. But if there's not a pattern ... I think you gotta let it go. It'd be nice if men could be big enough to say when they were young they didn't handle themselves as they wish they had, but they've grown up.

Hopefully there will not be anymore vacant seats till Trump is gone. And hopefully the dems will catch a clue and run an electable candidate.
Graham needed to speak up about the injustice of Merrick Garland

Otherwise he is just a partisan whiner
Of course he's a partisan whiner. As are democrats.
Very true

But his outrage over poor Kavanaugh fell flat
I dunno. I think Kavenaugh was badly treated. I don't think he was the most qualified conservative, and I think Trump picked solely because he was a safe vote for letting Trump keep secret whatever Trump wants .... but imo if a person is accused of a personal moral failure involving an non-financial/professional nature, then it has to be lodged with the FBI before any investigation is complete., and unless there are corroborating witnesses or a series of similar complaints, it has to be put aside.

He lied during his confirmation hearings. That's disqualifying.

I thought his batshit conspiracy theories and yelling at the Senators and sobbing uncontrollably on national television would have been the clearest indication that the man lacks the temperment to be a Supreme Court Justice.

With the lies merely demonstrating he lacks the character to be one.

Especially when the economy added more jobs in the last 21 months of Obama's presidency than it did the first 21 months of Trump's.

And that's without running up the deficit with massive tax cuts for corporations.

Agreed. But they still believe, the day Trump was elected, the economy changed from dismal to boom. And that was even predicted, as a form of mental disease spreading like contagion:

As mental health professionals, we have to watch the media continue to get played, and it still has not managed to catch up. There is a phenomenon called “shared psychosis” (also called “folie à deux”) that happens when an untreated sick person is in close proximity to, say, other family members within a household. In such a situation, normal people grow increasingly out of touch with reality and take on symptoms of the person who is unwell.

It can also happen with an impaired president—once in power, he becomes not only the most urgent problem that needs to be addressed but a cause of widespread deterioration of health in a way that can become a “folie à millions.”

Treatment involves removing the sick individual from the others, and very quickly, the others return to normal. It shows how powerful mental sickness is: the otherwise normal person becomes sick and not the other way around. His unfettered access to the people through Twitter is as dangerous as his unfettered access to the nuclear codes, since he is laying the groundwork for a culture of violence that can unleash epidemics of violence.​

It’s impossible to have a person or government for that matter that represents everybody. How do you propose a fair system to work?
NOW you're getting it. Or probably not. The answer is no government, because the only person who can represent you is yourself, and everyone consents to what they want. If there's a demand for something, people pay for it, and everyone can defend themselves. We also don't have an organization of liars, thieves, kidnappers, and murderers waging wars that only serve their own interests.
Oh now I get it... you’re an anarchist. That makes sense. Unfortunately your system is an impossibility in a country like ours. Go find a tribe in the rainforest somewhere and you might have better luck, although they likely will have a leader as well.
Has already worked for 9000+ years in Ireland, worked in Capaia, Neutral Moresnet, Pennsylvania. Not only is it a possibility, there's evidence that it has worked in other places, unlike Governments, which are completely unsustainable. You only think that it's primitive because your lord and masters in government want you to think so.
What are you talking about?! Ireland has a parliamentary system and a prime minister. They are not an anarchist country. And again without an organized central government there is no military protection, no currency for trade and no organized system to take care of basic infrastructure needs of a nation of our size. We are not playing cowboys and Indians anymore nor are we living in tribes. Your idea is fun in theory but utterly impossible in reality
They were Anarchy until the statist barbarians invaded. I would say that you should have figured that I was referring to medieval Ireland, but since you're a statist yourself, I would be expecting too much. You fail a lot of "Connect The Dots" activities, don't you? I'd also like to point out that you latched onto what you, ignorantly, thought was an inconsistency and failed to address my other citations. Is that an admission that you're wrong?

Ireland's ability to fend off attacks from statists for 9000+ years is evidence in and of itself that a central government is not needed for an army. America also formed a militia without a state, and every individual in any society does not need the government to arm themselves and defend their own homes. In fact, they are much stronger without a government, since a government restricts the abilities of the citizens to own and bear whatever arms they please. The only reason there's a state military in the first place is so that the government can initiate force for its own self-interest.

Government is not needed for currency, and in fact they replace currency with actual value with their unsustainable fiat currency. The demand for the US dollar is a result of the government pointing its guns at demanding that they trade with their worthless paper. With no supply cap and little utility, the US dollar will eventually collapse, and that's all a government does as far as currency. People would otherwise naturally trade with currencies with actual value, supply cap, and utility, examples include crypto currencies, precious metals, and literally anything one person values enough to trade another thing for.

Government is not needed for infrastructure, if there's a demand for something, people will already pay for it willingly. The only reason a government would need to get involved is if people don't want to pay for something, in which case there's no demand. Private industry already builds roads, for example.
How in the world do you think comparing medieval Ireland to modern day USA makes any sort of sense?! Even within your utopian medieval Ireland you will find systems of leaders within each tribe and community. Usually the stronger tribes killed raped and pillaged to take over the weaker tribes. Sounds fun but I’ll take a civilized society over that any day of the week. Also if it worked so well it would still exist today.

It's been nearly 200 posts since I asked. Has anyone managed to find a topic started by someone claiming to be a conservative criticizing Trump DOUBLING THE DEFICIT and his RECORD SPENDING yet?

Forum List

Back