The world leaping ahead of us, the U.S. still has no fast trains.

China's coal pollution is so bad, it almost killed a friend of mine who visited there.
They're phasing it out , but with the huge population right now they have no choice.

China continues to build very high tech, ultra clean coal power plants.

Coal%20plants-S.png

We have Bay Area Rapid Transit, but it doesn't make money. None of these advanced technology train systems make money, so the tax payers end up funding it. The libs think it helps with AGW. I'm for clean air, but AGW isn't worth the high taxes. Only in the crowded urban centers does it help with air pollution. No need for national.

The GOP half of America thinks college is bad for the country.
How do you educate these people when they believe that education is bad?

A typical lie from a far, far left dreamer. Why?

The number of incidents over a quarter of a century looks trivial. In addition, what is the definition of an incident? Who defines all those pipelines as dangerous?

On Friday, I'm flying from Las Vegas to Reno and back in one day. Couldn't do that on a train, even a fast train.

So, what you're asking people to do is slow down when you ask them to ride a fast train.

Is it really that far from Las Vegas to Reno? :eek:

To us Westerners, it's not that far. To an Easterner it's light years. But the point is, the traffic from Reno to LV isn't high enough to pay for a HS Train. HS Trains make sense in high capacity corridors only. I think a little common sense needs to be used here.

Isn't it an hour drive? Wtf?!

I've driven from Palm Springs to Las Vegas and back. Not even paved roads and shit, once you get out of California.

Then you make my point. If there isn't enough travel to justify a paved road, Public Transportation would be a huge wast of money.

The number of incidents over a quarter of a century looks trivial. In addition, what is the definition of an incident? Who defines all those pipelines as dangerous?
I would venture to say that no oil spill is trivial.
If you have a swimming pool, and someone poured a quart of motor oil into it
would you think it was no big deal ? ( and motor oil is much cleaner than crude oil )

Did you guys see all those drums? At the Beijing Olympics?! *Hands a gun to a Korean.* Model Minorities outsource military service, which is nice. Kim will invade with Trump's blessing but then that's where our troopers eliminate both sides for us. Ya we're going to make a Disney World. Mulan Disney.
Nobody likes BOng-gu, but I still like Bong-Gu (John Meyer). The King 2 Hearts: Episode 9 » Dramabeans Korean drama recaps Kpop fan.
Korea's got scary dictators, how come we all study Tianamen Square. How come Mao doesn't get any silk?

On Friday, I'm flying from Las Vegas to Reno and back in one day. Couldn't do that on a train, even a fast train.

So, what you're asking people to do is slow down when you ask them to ride a fast train.

It's a nine hour drive. I fly it in 5

In one of my old late 60s retired police cruisers, I can make it less than 4. Of course, Cops might object me driving at over 120mph (having to pit at least twice) so I might have to cruise at 135 to make up the difference. Imagine a HS rail doing 190mph on the same trip. It's just not going to be worth it. The days of driving a car that fast are all long gone. Today, when traveling down 95, I have to remember that's the hiway number not the speed limit.

In one of my old late 60s retired police cruisers, I can make it less than 4. Of course, Cops might object me driving at over 120mph (having to pit at least twice) so I might have to cruise at 135 to make up the difference. Imagine a HS rail doing 190mph on the same trip. It's just not going to be worth it. The days of driving a car that fast are all long gone. Today, when traveling down 95, I have to remember that's the hiway number not the speed limit.

Believe me, in my GT40 I can do it in two and a half hours, including fuel stops, but those speeding tickets are murder!

We do have the Silver State Classic Challenge though, so hi speed road racing is alive and well in Nevada!

China has the world’s fastest and largest high-speed rail network — more than 19,000 miles, the vast majority of which was built in the past decade. Japan’s bullet trains can reach nearly 200 miles per hour and date to the 1960s. They have moved more than 9 billion people without a single passenger causality. France began service of the high-speed TGV train in 1981 and the rest of Europe quickly followed.

But the U.S. has no true high-speed trains, aside from sections of Amtrak’s Acela line in the Northeast Corridor. The Acela can reach 150 mph for only 34 miles of its 457-mile span. Its average speed between New York and Boston is about 65 mph. California’s high-speed rail system is under construction, but whether it will ever get completed as intended is uncertain.

Sadly, the US is falling light years behind China.

China is a Communist country and doesn't give a shit about how much these things cost and how it affects the citizenry. Also workers are payed shit wages compared to the US.

All of the other counties that have bullet trains are small in land area compared to the US

Believe me, in my GT40 I can do it in two and a half hours, including fuel stops, but those speeding tickets are murder!

We do have the Silver State Classic Challenge though, so hi speed road racing is alive and well in Nevada!

It used to be here as well but we imported way too many Florida and Texas drivers. The Texans drive completely insane and you haven't lived until you come whipping around a turn and filling your windshield is the slowest Floridian on the face of the earth with their left turn signal on.

It used to be here as well but we imported way too many Florida and Texas drivers. The Texans drive completely insane and you haven't lived until you come whipping around a turn and filling your windshield is the slowest Floridian on the face of the earth with their left turn signal on.

ya gotta see em on the road in TN uh boy ...ya think yer in NJ

For the love of god TN stop tailgating and learn how to merge
AND YIELD SIGNS look it up ...jus sayin

China is a Communist country and doesn't give a shit about how much these things cost and how it affects the citizenry. Also workers are payed shit wages compared to the US.

All of the other counties that have bullet trains are small in land area compared to the US
Is that our excuse for falling so far behind them ?

You keep pushing this meme that we are falling behind...it's the opposite, dude. They are behind us. We fly, they use a train.

Guess which is more technically advanced!

You keep pushing this meme that we are falling behind...it's the opposite, dude. They are behind us. We fly, they use a train.

china has a city that the smog killed thousands of people each month (guess that was before they noticed that their population was sinking). They started out by replacing all the buses and trains with electrical ones. Then they replaced the trucks with electric one. They are in the process of getting rid of all the gas cars now and are almost done. Even the Taxis are now electric. Even with the primary power generation coming from Coal, the air is not the killer it once was. You now see people without the face masks. In may ways, we are ahead of china but in other ways, they are light years ahead of us.

china has a city that the smog killed thousands of people each month (guess that was before they noticed that their population was sinking). They started out by replacing all the buses and trains with electrical ones. Then they replaced the trucks with electric one. They are in the process of getting rid of all the gas cars now and are almost done. Even the Taxis are now electric. Even with the primary power generation coming from Coal, the air is not the killer it once was. You now see people without the face masks. In may ways, we are ahead of china but in other ways, they are light years ahead of us.

And guess what, that is from all of those coal fired powerplants they are building.

Now, what powers high speed rail?

And guess what, that is from all of those coal fired powerplants they are building.

Now, what powers high speed rail?

Most of the power still comes from Coal Fired Power Plants. But converting the electricity to automotive and transportation power ends up polluting less. In a large city with so many cars, trucks and trains, using fossil fuels to power your car/truck/bus is a double whammy.

Forum List

Back