Their Blood Is On the Hands of All Illegal Drug Users

No one is waiting for prohibition to be repealed. Organized crime is moving right along with their diversification.

What we are seeing is an huge increase in spice. They call it synthetic Marijuana. It is very cheap, a baggie is only a dollar.
"Spice" is the marijuana equivalent of "bathtub gin" during the alcohol Prohibition era. It was conceived as a bootleg substitute for good whiskey. So if you actually believe that "Spice" cartels will be emerging to compete with legal marijuana it should serve as an indicator of just how severely your mind has been twisted by Reefer Madness propaganda.

Heroin is more popular than ever. Some sellers cut their product a lot. Some sellers charge more but the user doesn't need as much. Used to the heavily cut, the user overdoses.
Heroin is a completely different topic. If you wish to engage in intelligent debate on that subject I suggest you first research what is going on in places like Portugal, The Netherlands, and Switzerland where decriminalization of such substances has begun. You might be surprised at how little you know.

Kidnapping is growing in popularity. A couple of guys can do a dozen ATM kidnappings in a day. Cartels can do more sophisticated kidnappings and get businesses to pay off.
Kidnappings? Where? Are we talking about marijuana in the U.S., or what? Has someone tried to kidnap you lately?

By far, next to drugs, sex slavery is the most lucrative. Bringing women illegally into the country to use as prostitutes.
If this situation actually develops here in the U.S. we can then initiate discussion on the topic of legalizing prostitution -- which is long overdue. Til' then, let's stick to the issue at hand, which is marijuana.

Free of prior arrest has allowed the innocent cartel members to open up legal pot outlets. It's someplace for the cartels to sell their product. When the police do figure it out the pot shops are selling pot, heroin, meth and anything else you can think of including ketamine and of course, guns.

You think the legalization of pot is going to hurt the cartels?
If marijuana becomes fully legalized the government will step in and institute controls as rigid as those imposed on liquor. I'm talking about controls which effectively locked out any "mob" participation in the wholesale or retail sale of liquor.

These cartel fantasies you are having are comparable to sex fantasies in that they seldom materialize. Meanwhile, get some sleep.

[...]

The question really is: why are you against the successes of Portugal?

Why don't you want heroin use to fall? Why don't you want HIV infections in drug users to fall?

Why don't you want the government to save money?
Typically, it's the effect of the Reefer Madness brainwash which is media-driven and vigorously promoted by the powerful entities which are served by the drug war, the most prominent of which are the pharmaceutical industry, the liquor and beer industries, the legal profession, the law-enforcement establishment, the drug-testing industry, et al. These interests are represented by well-funded Washington lobbies -- which is why the drug war is so tenacious in spite of its obvious futility.
Reefer Madness?
You potheads are so cutting-edge. Get out of the 1960's and progress a little.

Rarely but not very rarely. This is far more common.

Marijuana Can Lead To Permanent Impotence | Herballove.com

I've always found this complaint endlessly amusing.
something else very rarely......geezus you pick such rare things and you wonder why no one will discuss this sensibly with you...and you are also conversing with people who know better...
Consider those 'rare' circumstances and then consider potheads inflicting that condition onto them out of sheer ignorance.
ill consider that many of those "rare" incidences are caused by the "pothead" also doing other harder drugs,or drinks a lot,or was mentally unstable to begin with....
Wrong. THC is a debilitating, anxiety and depression inducing substance for some people and is especially risky for younger, developing brains.
But you insist on your own ignorance because reality is inconvenient. And/or your propagandists have avoided mentioning the inconvenience.

[...]

Why don't you want heroin use to fall? Why don't you want HIV infections in drug users to fall?

Typically, it's the effect of the Reefer Madness brainwash which is media-driven and vigorously promoted by the powerful entities which are served by the drug war, the most prominent of which are the pharmaceutical industry, the liquor and beer industries, the legal profession, the law-enforcement establishment, the drug-testing industry, et al. These interests are represented by well-funded Washington lobbies -- which is why the drug war is so tenacious in spite of its obvious futility.
Reefer Madness?
They would be better if they advsnced to the 60s. They are in the 30s.

I am king and queen. The only one who is perfect. I have no vices at all. I don't drink, smoke, use drugs, gamble and I don't like sex. I am incorruptible.
You wake up every morning knowing that this is the best you are going to feel all day.
You need something to make your life worth living or you wouldn't want to wake up at all.

This is the argument against drug use. Millions of users that find life so worthless that they cannot get through the day without being high.
It was a joke. Smoking some dope would get you to lighten up.
Ohhh I need to become a drug addict to lighten up.

Druggies should be rounded up like cattle and shot. They only destroy whatever they come in contact with.
Cannabis is not addictive. You should have a knowledge of subjects that you intend to discuss.
Yeah, especially if you advocate killing people for using it.

Link? They shut down one test because no one drove worse stoned and some people drove better.

You're either intentionally ignorant or find lying natural.

Your desperation is also duly noted. I can only presume you are making a futile effort to defend your own stoned driving. Stating that some stoners drove better stoned is just nonsense.

Marijuana-related fatal car accidents surge in Washington state after legalization
By Andrea Noble - The Washington Times - Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Roughly 10 percent of Washington state drivers involved in fatal car crashes between 2010 and 2014 tested positive for recent marijuana use, with the percentage of drivers who had used pot within hours of a crash doubling between 2013 and 2014, according to a new study by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety.

Although the uptick in fatal crashes comes after Washington citizens voted in 2012 to legalize marijuana — and as other states are expected to consider similar measures — a second AAA study discourages lawmakers from adopting “arbitrary legal limits” on marijuana use because of a lack of adequate methods to determine impairment by the drug.

AAA officials said the studies about marijuana and driving, released Tuesday, are meant to encourage more comprehensive enforcement measures to improve road safety.

Authorities in Washington recorded 436 fatal crashes in 2013, and determined that drivers involved in 40 crashes tested positive for THC, the active chemical in marijuana, according to the study. In 2014 they found that of 462 fatal crashes, 85 drivers tested positive for THC.

[...]

Marijuana-related fatal car accidents surge in Washington state after legalization

More? Okay

Fatal Car Crashes Involving Pot Use Have Tripled in U.S., Study Finds
Researchers note that increase included men and women, and all age groups

By Dennis Thompson

HealthDay Reporter

TUESDAY, Feb. 4, 2014 (HealthDay News) -- The legalization of marijuana is an idea that is gaining momentum in the United States, but there may be a dark side to pot becoming more commonplace, a new study suggests.

Fatal crashes involving marijuana use tripled during the previous decade, fueling some of the overall increase in drugged-driving traffic deaths, researchers from Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health report.

"Currently, one of nine drivers involved in fatal crashes would test positive for marijuana," said co-author Dr. Guohua Li, director of the Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention at Columbia. "If this trend continues, in five or six years non-alcohol drugs will overtake alcohol to become the most common substance involved in deaths related to impaired driving."

[...]

Read more: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Pot Use Have Tripled in U.S., Study Finds

More?[/Q

Link? They shut down one test because no one drove worse stoned and some people drove better.

You're either intentionally ignorant or find lying natural.

Your desperation is also duly noted. I can only presume you are making a futile effort to defend your own stoned driving. Stating that some stoners drove better stoned is just nonsense.

By Andrea Noble - The Washington Times - Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Roughly 10 percent of Washington state drivers involved in fatal car crashes between 2010 and 2014 tested positive for recent marijuana use, with the percentage of drivers who had used pot within hours of a crash doubling between 2013 and 2014, according to a new study by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety.

Although the uptick in fatal crashes comes after Washington citizens voted in 2012 to legalize marijuana — and as other states are expected to consider similar measures — a second AAA study discourages lawmakers from adopting “arbitrary legal limits” on marijuana use because of a lack of adequate methods to determine impairment by the drug.

AAA officials said the studies about marijuana and driving, released Tuesday, are meant to encourage more comprehensive enforcement measures to improve road safety.

Authorities in Washington recorded 436 fatal crashes in 2013, and determined that drivers involved in 40 crashes tested positive for THC, the active chemical in marijuana, according to the study. In 2014 they found that of 462 fatal crashes, 85 drivers tested positive for THC.

[...]

More? Okay

Fatal Car Crashes Involving Pot Use Have Tripled in U.S., Study Finds
Researchers note that increase included men and women, and all age groups

By Dennis Thompson

HealthDay Reporter

TUESDAY, Feb. 4, 2014 (HealthDay News) -- The legalization of marijuana is an idea that is gaining momentum in the United States, but there may be a dark side to pot becoming more commonplace, a new study suggests.

Fatal crashes involving marijuana use tripled during the previous decade, fueling some of the overall increase in drugged-driving traffic deaths, researchers from Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health report.

"Currently, one of nine drivers involved in fatal crashes would test positive for marijuana," said co-author Dr. Guohua Li, director of the Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention at Columbia. "If this trend continues, in five or six years non-alcohol drugs will overtake alcohol to become the most common substance involved in deaths related to impaired driving."

[...]

Read more: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Pot Use Have Tripled in U.S., Study Finds

More?[/Q
Involving marijuana and caused by marijuana are two different things.

If it were not illegal, kids would not be as drawn to it as they are to something forbidden.
Quite right. It's called "Lure of the illicit"

The Netherlands decriminalized marijuana in 1976. Since then adolescent use has decreased by more than 40%.
And drug related deaths are the lowest in Europe because they do not treat addicts as criminals.

The drug cartels are weapons cartels and human trafficking cartels. They are kidnapping cartels.

Americans are so drug addled they can't think.
so whats your problem then?.....
I am king and queen. The only one who is perfect. I have no vices at all. I don't drink, smoke, use drugs, gamble and I don't like sex. I am incorruptible.[/QUOTE]

Right.
And your user name just magically showed up so you decided to keep it.
Okaaaaaay

those people on wilshire do way more than pot....you would know that if you knew what you were talking about.....and its the hard core drinker who has to project on to others what they cannot face about themselves
I don't have it to worry about because I don't drink either. Nor do I associate with those that do.
and yet you come to these pot threads acting like you know all about drugs and drinking,when you know only what you have either heard or have read....stay in the politics section,you might fare better......
What I have seen and had to deal with. It would be a good thing to have a cartel war here.
No one is surprised that Tipsy is hoping for more Americans getting killed in America- are they?

Well, it's druggies. It's not like they are worth keeping alive.

I'd rather hang with any pot smoker than you anyday

yea very rarely.....

something else very rarely......geezus you pick such rare things and you wonder why no one will discuss this sensibly with you...and you are also conversing with people who know better...
Consider those 'rare' circumstances and then consider potheads inflicting that condition onto them out of sheer ignorance.
ill consider that many of those "rare" incidences are caused by the "pothead" also doing other harder drugs,or drinks a lot,or was mentally unstable to begin with....
Wrong. THC is a debilitating, anxiety and depression inducing substance for some people and is especially risky for younger, developing brains.
But you insist on your own ignorance because reality is inconvenient. And/or your propagandists have avoided mentioning the inconvenience.
for some people,which means rare.....i see you agree with me....reality for you is inconvenient,but then your the guy who said he smells pot everywhere around his neighborhood and thinks getting a whiff of pot means you can get a high....

yea very rarely.....

Eating too much is anxiety and depression inducing in some people.

[...]

Reefer Madness?
They would be better if they advsnced to the 60s. They are in the 30s.
no your mindset is 1930's.....and if you and your good buddy roshan dont understand the reefer madness reference then it just proves that point....

yea very rarely.....

a safer, "crank substitute", if they "keep busy"?

Why not simply expect drug users to try to make like "elves and dwarfs" and try to "spin straw into gold" in the middle of the night, instead of just being obnoxious tweakers.

Reefer Madness?

The commentary in these threads make it clear that Reefer Madness fanaticism is alive and well. Consider the fact that marijuana was decriminalized in New York City (and elsewhere) throughout the '60s and '70s. Possession of less than 27 grams (one ounce) was a summons offense with a $25 fine as penalty -- but unless one distributed to minors, engaged in public use, or trafficked in large quantities the police just didn't bother with marijuana. In fact, if one were arrested for some felony or misdemeanor and was in possession of less than one ounce of marijuana, the marijuana was held in his/her personal property and returned with any other items of property. It was no big deal -- and real crime was way down because the police were focused on it.

That's the way it was in back then. Compare that with today and tell us it's not Reefer Madness all over again -- if not worse.

Forum List

Back