Theist or not, would you go 'play' outside during a lightning storm?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Notice that even though I don't believe in most people's ideas of God, I do believe in irony so cower indoors when there's lightning. :) What about you?

Notice that even though I don't believe in most people's ideas of God, I do believe in irony so cower indoors when there's lightning. :) What about you?

I play out doors during lightening storms. I am careful not to be the----highest object on the playground and not to be near-----the highest objects

I play out doors during lightening storms. I am careful not to be the----highest object on the playground and not to be near-----the highest objects

Not me. I'm nervous just using the toilet. Thought of a lightning bolt in my tushy playing vividly in my imagination. :)

Not me. I'm nervous just using the toilet. Thought of a lightning bolt in my tushy playing vividly in my imagination. :)

not likely------I believe you are more likely to "contract" a lightening bolt from the sink faucet

Theism ain't got nuttin' to do with it. All you need is a basic understanding of how electrical potentials work.

And they don't go through toilets btw. Rosie's right.

What I do is make sure I don't have anything sensitive (microchips) plugged in to the grid. Even though I have serious protection circuits already. They're a lot more vulnerable than I am.

But no, I never go "play outside" in a thunderstorm. That would be absurd. For one thing it generally means it's RAINING.

Theism ain't got nuttin' to do with it. All you need is a basic understanding of how electrical potentials work.

What I do is make sure I don't have anything sensitive (microchips) plugged in to the grid. Even though I have serious protection circuits already. They're a lot more vulnerable than I am.

But no, I never go "play outside" in a thunderstorm. That would be absurd. For one thing it generally means it's RAINING.

"In August 1988, as Eleanor Loux of Exeter, Rhode Island, brushed her teeth at her bathroom sink, she saw a bolt of lightning leap from her toilet. The resulting ball of fire then bounced off walls and the ceiling in her bathroom until it dissipated. Surprisingly, Loux was not injured. Her bathroom, however, was another story — the ceiling was cracked and the bathtub had charred rings in it. A utility pole outside her home had been hit by lightning, which sent the resulting charge through neighborhood power lines and metal water pipes."
snopes.com Is It Dangerous to Bathe During a Thunderstorm

"In August 1988, as Eleanor Loux of Exeter, Rhode Island, brushed her teeth at her bathroom sink, she saw a bolt of lightning leap from her toilet. The resulting ball of fire then bounced off walls and the ceiling in her bathroom until it dissipated. Surprisingly, Loux was not injured. Her bathroom, however, was another story — the ceiling was cracked and the bathtub had charred rings in it. A utility pole outside her home had been hit by lightning, which sent the resulting charge through neighborhood power lines and metal water pipes."

The water would be the vehicle rather than the toilet, but still you'd need metal pipes under the house to provide that path. Does anyone still have those? I don't.

The water would be the vehicle rather than the toilet, but still you'd need metal pipes under the house to provide that path. Does anyone still have those? I don't.

Like to think I'm relatively safe in an apartment with presumedly less direct route for lightning to follow, but it still results in my hurrying up in the privvy. :)

Whenever I'm living in Phoenix, I love hiking up the mountains around there during the lightning storms. Chillin' atop the peak while there is lightning flashing all over the sky, wind blowing everywhere, and just a hint of rain in the air, while looking down upon the city lights in every direction... it's just so beautiful and relaxing. Great for meditation, ritual, profound moments of self reflection, or just chillaxin alone or with friends...

Put on your rubbers, don't wear metal and stay away from trees, sure I used to. Now the fear is not the lightening but a sensitivity of loud noises. It is a war thing.

Forum List

Back