🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Theories on Why Atheists are met with Hostility

Below, I have posted a link to a video I recently watched that I feel gives a good explanation for the hostility that many theists have towards atheists and why they often feel threatened by our nonbelief. My purpose for posting it here is to encourage others here to watch it and then post some of their own explanations of why they think atheists are so hated.

Theists don't like to hear stupid things like, "We're all here by some universal cosmic accident and all life is meaningless in the end."

There's my theory.

You'd rather hear other stupid things like "a man lived inside a whale?" Oh, sorry, it was a big fish.

I'd rather live with the fact that I'm intelligent enough to understand the different between parables, historical occurrences, and cultural mythology. It only takes a two dimensional mind to have faith, but a three dimensional mind to understand that faith. That's why I believe one's faith should be a one-on-one conversation between the Soul and the Lord.

I certainly agree with you there!

Atheists are always trying to get people fired, or silenced, or put in jail, for daring to be religious.

Huh, whaaa?

I take it you didn't read the post above that.

I'll give you a moment:

"In 2003, an Indiana County teacher’s aide sued the ARIN Intermediate Unit 28 for suspending her without pay for wearing a 1¼-inch cross necklace. A federal judge ruled the religious-garb policy likely was unconstitutional, and the suit was dropped."

Legislation would allow Pennsylvania teachers to wear religious insignias PennLive.com

"
“The fact that our client was fired for wearing a cross pendant on a necklace to work is not only absurd but unconstitutional as well,” said Manion..”
Read more at Judge slaps library for barring cross pendant

"The U.S. House today approved a federal “hate crimes” bill that would provide special protections to homosexuals but leave Christian ministers open to prosecution should their teachings be linked to any subsequent offense, by anyone, against a “gay.”
Read more at House agrees to 8216 muzzle pastors 8217 with 8216 hate crimes 8217 plan

I glanced at your RWing propaganda articles, and I still see no evidence that atheists are trying to get anyone fired and jailed.

Then you have a learning disability.

Below, I have posted a link to a video I recently watched that I feel gives a good explanation for the hostility that many theists have towards atheists and why they often feel threatened by our nonbelief. My purpose for posting it here is to encourage others here to watch it and then post some of their own explanations of why they think atheists are so hated.

Theists don't like to hear stupid things like, "We're all here by some universal cosmic accident and all life is meaningless in the end."

There's my theory.

You'd rather hear other stupid things like "a man lived inside a whale?" Oh, sorry, it was a big fish.

I'd rather live with the fact that I'm intelligent enough to understand the different between parables, historical occurrences, and cultural mythology. It only takes a two dimensional mind to have faith, but a three dimensional mind to understand that faith. That's why I believe one's faith should be a one-on-one conversation between the Soul and the Lord.

I'm glad we could come to an agreement. God bless you, regardless of what you believe or don't believe in.

Atheists are always trying to get people fired, or silenced, or put in jail, for daring to be religious.

Huh, whaaa?

I take it you didn't read the post above that.

I'll give you a moment:

"In 2003, an Indiana County teacher’s aide sued the ARIN Intermediate Unit 28 for suspending her without pay for wearing a 1¼-inch cross necklace. A federal judge ruled the religious-garb policy likely was unconstitutional, and the suit was dropped."

Legislation would allow Pennsylvania teachers to wear religious insignias PennLive.com

"
“The fact that our client was fired for wearing a cross pendant on a necklace to work is not only absurd but unconstitutional as well,” said Manion..”

"The U.S. House today approved a federal “hate crimes” bill that would provide special protections to homosexuals but leave Christian ministers open to prosecution should their teachings be linked to any subsequent offense, by anyone, against a “gay.”
Read more at House agrees to 8216 muzzle pastors 8217 with 8216 hate crimes 8217 plan

I glanced at your RWing propaganda articles, and I still see no evidence that atheists are trying to get anyone fired and jailed.

And since when is PennLive a rw site?

Actually, they are not obliged to allow any expression of faith. They may allow a Christian (or Muslim) prayer over the PA system...if it will not cause a disruption. But if the prayer is disruptive, then they are within their rights to deny it.

My point isn't that educators are idiots..it's that atheists battle against Christians daily in an effort to marginalize them, and/or make their religion ILLEGAL in and of itself.

Every time atheists get into this sort of thing they only further confuse people about how they're not a religion too. If they wanted to help they'd shuddup. :)

There's my theory.

I'm glad we could come to an agreement. God bless you, regardless of what you believe or don't believe in.

Thank you kindly.

When I have more time, I'd like to start a thread about parables, and why Jesus used them. It seems to me that his teaching methods were ineffective. Maybe you could help out there???

Anyhoot, nice to meet you.

There's my theory.

Thank you kindly.

When I have more time, I'd like to start a thread about parables, and why Jesus used them. It seems to me that his teaching methods were ineffective. Maybe you could help out there???

Sure thing. Just shoot me a PM when you do.

In this country, "atheist" is just another word for "anti-Christian". It didn't used to be..my mother was an atheist, and I never heard her say a word condemning Christians, or calling for them to shut up about their faith.

But today, atheists want to make it illegal to mention God, illegal to adhere to one's faith. They want to be able to deny Christians entry into certain professions, and they want to penalize Christians for following their faith.

Facts not in evidence.

"

Those anecdotes don't support your allegations!

The progressive atheist concept of *educating* Christians consists of rounding them up at gunpoint and placing them in *re-education camps*.

Seriously. It's not a new idea. Pretending we haven't traveled this road every time an atheist regime achieve power in the world isn't going to change reality.

As usual KG's hyperbole doesn't apply here in the USA.

Actually, they are not obliged to allow any expression of faith. They may allow a Christian (or Muslim) prayer over the PA system...if it will not cause a disruption. But if the prayer is disruptive, then they are within their rights to deny it.

My point isn't that educators are idiots..it's that atheists battle against Christians daily in an effort to marginalize them, and/or make their religion ILLEGAL in and of itself.

Once again facts not in evidence!

There's my theory.

Today's atheists are the flat-earthers of yesteryear.

Ironic!

Ironic considering how vehemently atheists claim they're not a religion, and yet, as oppressive religions go, none's more oppressive than the atheists who attack everybody's religion and expressions of it.

Ironic considering how vehemently atheists claim they're not a religion, and yet, as oppressive religions go, none's more oppressive than the atheists who attack everybody's religion and expressions of it.

Facts not in evidence!

Facts not in evidence!

Islam wants everybody to be Muslim. Even going as far as claiming everybody's born Muslim.

Christianity uses threats of Hell to 'encourage' their messages.

Judaism, much as I sometimes wish they didn't, forbids proselytizing and seeking converts.

Atheists on the other hand, attacks anyone who identifies as ANY religion. Legal suits, public ridicule, endless cyber information warfare. It's one thing to express your disbelief, but it's quite another to actively attack seeking to suppress, religious beliefs.

Facts not in evidence!

Islam wants everybody to be Muslim. Even going as far as claiming everybody's born Muslim.

Christianity uses threats of Hell to 'encourage' their messages.

Judaism, much as I sometimes wish they didn't, forbids proselytizing and seeking converts.

Atheists on the other hand, attacks anyone who identifies as ANY religion. Legal suits, public ridicule, endless cyber information warfare. It's one thing to express your disbelief, but it's quite another to actively attack seeking to suppress, religious beliefs.

Let me reiterate, facts not in evidence.

There's my theory.

Today's atheists are the flat-earthers of yesteryear.

Ironic!

Right?? Lol

There's my theory.

Thank you kindly.

Well if anything it's nice to see theists and atheists getting along on one of my threads for once lol. Science knows that's a rare occurrence.

There's my theory.

Thank you kindly.

Well if anything it's nice to see theists and atheists getting along on one of my threads for once lol. Science knows that's a rare occurrence.

I'm new here, give me more time. lol

There's my theory.

Yeah but no, atheist I know personally, nor any of the big name ones (Dawkins, Harris, Silverman, the big YouTubers etc) have said that they think life is meaningless. Quite the opposite in fact.

Forum List

Back