🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There are no conservatives here

Conservatism has been so mangled and perverted by talk radio and distorted by a weird pseudo-libertarianism that it's unrecognizable at this point.

Anti-science, anti-intellectualism, anti-curiosity, binary, willful ignorance: That's what passes as conservatism today.

For someone who bills themselves as neither Right nor Left I'm fascinated by the parroting of the far-Left's talking points. Let's look at them, ok?

anti-science - whose philosophy denies the science of DNA?...the science of human embryonic development?

anti-intellectualism - which group denies the right to a quality education to inner-city kids in favor of donations from a 'public service' union?

anti-curiosity - which president appointed a NASA administrator who said this -“When I became the NASA administrator–or before I became the NASA administrator—(the president) charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math and engineering.” (#1 is great, 2 & 3?, not really a role for NASA)

binary - what does that even mean?

willful ignorance - here is an excellent example of willful ignorance...
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, you start off with a fallacy (I "bill" myself as left-leaning) and move on to a list of deflections.

I'm used to it.

Oh, and you're on the "internet". You could look up "binary" if you wanted to.

Well if you leaned anymore you'd fall on your face. ;)

Actually, what I offered are not deflections but uncomfortable realities that faux-liberals prefer to ignore.

The definition of binary doesn't apply in the context of your post. I'm eagerly anticipating your own personal definition - inquiring minds want to know.

Sure, both dishonest ends of the spectrum ignore, minimize, distort and avoid realities that don't fit their ideological agenda. As long as they play such a large role in the conversation, we'll continue to decay.

In this context, I use "binary" to mean a person who chooses to only see one side of an issue. They will then change the subject so that they don't have to admit to or honestly examine their own side's faults.

Like you've done here. A standard tactic of both ends.

Conservatism has been so mangled and perverted by talk radio and distorted by a weird pseudo-libertarianism that it's unrecognizable at this point.

Anti-science, anti-intellectualism, anti-curiosity, binary, willful ignorance: That's what passes as conservatism today.

For someone who bills themselves as neither Right nor Left I'm fascinated by the parroting of the far-Left's talking points. Let's look at them, ok?

anti-science - whose philosophy denies the science of DNA?...the science of human embryonic development?

anti-intellectualism - which group denies the right to a quality education to inner-city kids in favor of donations from a 'public service' union?

anti-curiosity - which president appointed a NASA administrator who said this -“When I became the NASA administrator–or before I became the NASA administrator—(the president) charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math and engineering.” (#1 is great, 2 & 3?, not really a role for NASA)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Actually he is not parroting anything. He is telling the truth relative to the current iteration of the right.

Actually, he isn't. ;)

He was exactly right. I don't always agree with mac, but the right deny climate change, COVID19 and most serious science. Your side talks about privatizing schools and tats foolish. Any fact that debunks what you guys have chosen to believe is dissed as liberal bias. So mac IS right.

Actually he is not parroting anything. He is telling the truth relative to the current iteration of the right.

Actually, he isn't. ;)

IQ2 reserves the "right" to define or redefine words as she/it sees fit. He/she has taken n the role as sole arbiter of the meaning of all communication. If you challenge it on ANYTHING you are racist.

Oh, bullshit! The left leaning media is attempting to paint conservatives with all of those lies and have been doing so for decades now! Anyone who doesn't agree with their agenda is "labeled" and dismissed! You can't argue that your agenda works because obviously it doesn't...one look at Democratically controlled cities demonstrates THAT...so your only means of staying in power is to accuse the other side of being "evil"!
Why did you put "evil" in quotes, as if I used that word?

One of the primary symptoms of being infected with a hardcore ideology: The afflicted can no longer recognize reality from fantasy.
I was referring to liberals in general, Mac! You label people and you do it to protect yourself from actually having to defend how your agenda has failed miserably every place it's been implemented!
I'm "afflicted"? With what exactly? Common sense?

Oh, bullshit! The left leaning media is attempting to paint conservatives with all of those lies and have been doing so for decades now! Anyone who doesn't agree with their agenda is "labeled" and dismissed! You can't argue that your agenda works because obviously it doesn't...one look at Democratically controlled cities demonstrates THAT...so your only means of staying in power is to accuse the other side of being "evil"!

Talk about biased media lies and bullshit. Your entire post is a FOX News talking point based on false information and lies. The idea that Democratic ideas don't work because some US cities are a mess is right wing propaganda which you just lap up with a fork and spoon without question, and parrot like a fool.

City government is about picking up the garbage, and and looking after building and zoning. It nut's and bolts technical stuff, involved in enabling people to get to work, get home, efficiently and safely. It is not about unemployment, economics, or public policy. Those are state and federal initiatives.

New York is a the largest, most vibrant and successful city in the world, and it's run by Democrats. And it's thriving. But New York has a bigger budget than many countries, and they have enough money to enact their own public policy to counter the negative effects of successive Republican Administrations.

City governments are the ones most impacted by the failures of Republican economic policies. When companies off-shore manufacturing, municipal tax bases get hit first. And after 40 years of Republicans pushing property tax cuts, cities are already operating on a shoestring.

Detroit didn't go bankrupt because it had Democrats in City Hall. Detroit went bankrupt because of NAFTA. Because Detroit is a one-industry town, and that industry moved to Mexico, along with its suppliers. When the jobs left, the people had no money to buy things, so the stores, and hair salons, and gas stations, had no customers, and people began moving away to cities where there was work. As properties were vacated, the tax base shrunk and the city had no revenue.

Every time Detroit is brought up in discussions, Republicans point to it as yet another Democratic failure of governance, but in reality, it's just Republicans doing what they always do: Blaming Democratics for the spectacular failures of Republican economic policies, and their disastrous effect on the American people.
There are retorts to what you typed. Detroit was dying long before NAFTA.

Well, you start off with a fallacy (I "bill" myself as left-leaning) and move on to a list of deflections.

I'm used to it.

Actually, what I offered are not deflections but uncomfortable realities that faux-liberals prefer to ignore.

The definition of binary doesn't apply in the context of your post. I'm eagerly anticipating your own personal definition - inquiring minds want to know.

Sure, both dishonest ends of the spectrum ignore, minimize, distort and avoid realities that don't fit their ideological agenda. As long as they play such a large role in the conversation, we'll continue to decay.

In this context, I use "binary" to mean a person who chooses to only see one side of an issue. They will then change the subject so that they don't have to admit to or honestly examine their own side's faults.

Mac, the rejection of draconian and extreme ideas is not the same as expressing them.

Binary in all applications is associated with 'dual'.

You made false, blanket statements regarding a particular group of people - my comments are not a deflection, they are a response. I have a mirror you're welcome to borrow. :)

Call me whatever but I do know that I vote against policies of redistribution of wealth, policies that erode the middle class, policies that put other countries’ interests first, and policies that “ necessarily increase energy costs”.

One of the primary symptoms of being infected with a hardcore ideology: The afflicted can no longer recognize reality from fantasy.
I was referring to liberals in general, Mac! You label people and you do it to protect yourself from actually having to defend how your agenda has failed miserably every place it's been implemented!
And what is my agenda, precisely? You must know, to make such a statement.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Actually, he isn't. ;)

He was exactly right. I don't always agree with mac, but the right deny climate change, COVID19 and most serious science. Your side talks about privatizing schools and tats foolish. Any fact that debunks what you guys have chosen to believe is dissed as liberal bias. So mac IS right.

It's not that we "deny" climate change, Covid 19, IM2...it's just that we refuse to go along with your liberal "solutions"! Would you care to take a crack at explaining why CO2 levels have gone up to record levels during a worldwide shut down of economies due to the pandemic? Far less people on the road...far less CO2 being produced by man...yet the levels of it keep going up?

Liberals saved this country from conservative induced economic catastrophes at least twice in the modern era. What has failed is right wing extremism cloaked as conservativism.

You made false, blanket statements regarding a particular group of people - my comments are not a deflection, they are a response. I have a mirror you're welcome to borrow. :)
Yes, "dual". Each end behaves similarly, putting essentially all the blame on the other, taking none. Binary thinking. All or nothing. Neither end sees any house-cleaning that it has to do.

They are the minority, but they are also the loudest and most influential. Currently. Unfortunately.

I'm used to it.

Mac, the rejection of draconian and extreme ideas is not the same as expressing them.

Sure. It just depends on how it's done.

Yes, "dual". Each end behaves similarly, putting essentially all the blame on the other, taking none. Binary thinking. All or nothing. Neither end sees any house-cleaning that it has to do.

They are the minority, but they are also the loudest and most influential. Currently. Unfortunately.

...and isn't that exactly what you are doing?

btw - who said this in reference to 'conservatives'?? " In this context, I use "binary" to mean a person who chooses to only see one side of an issue. "

/ Thread fail.

Funny that you think you can "conservatives" by posting a wiki article defining classic "liberalism?"

A definition that leftardz like you don't even try to live up to, .

You don't seem to understand that classical liberalism has nothing to do with the current democratic party.

Classical liberalism is what the Constitution is based on.

Actually, he isn't. ;)

It's not that we "deny" climate change, Covid 19, IM2...it's just that we refuse to go along with your liberal "solutions"! Would you care to take a crack at explaining why CO2 levels have gone up to record levels during a worldwide shut down of economies due to the pandemic? Far less people on the road...far less CO2 being produced by man...yet the levels of it keep going up?

Liberal solutions rebuilt this economy. Talk to me about CO2 levels if the pandemic lasts 40 years instead of 4 months.

Forum List

Back