There is an active shooter at a Florida Highschool

Folks might as well get used to this.
It's a direct result of decades of Democrat policies.

If you think it's bad now, wait'll they get their open borders.
Better hold on to those guns folks.

Nope, those people were killed with a gun.

Yeah, by another person. The gun can't kill people by itself. You seem to forget that there's always a person behind the gun in situations like these.
So? If the asshole today didn’t have a gun, he wouldn’t have been able to kill 17 people.
A knife? A bomb?

YES! He would have.
A knife would not have killed 17 people and bombs are illegal. Great point ya made there. :thup:

Possession of a handgun by anyone under the age of 21 is also illegal.

Great point, uh, never mind!
be a citizen in VT and 16 years old... carte blanche, you can have any currently legal firearm without registration / license / permit etc. etc. carry concealed or open, in your car with a round chambered etc. (just no loaded rifles in cars due to poaching)... We do fairly well with gun related crime / murders per-capita...

O... and that is 16 yo, for a handgun, without the consent of your parents or guardian... Additionally, no minimum age to possess a long gun... AR-15, riot shotgun.. or whatever floats the 'youguns' fancy...

Last edited:
Yeah, by another person. The gun can't kill people by itself. You seem to forget that there's always a person behind the gun in situations like these.
So? If the asshole today didn’t have a gun, he wouldn’t have been able to kill 17 people.
A knife? A bomb?

YES! He would have.
A knife would not have killed 17 people and bombs are illegal. Great point ya made there. :thup:

be a citizen in VT and 16 years old... carte blanche, you can have any currently legal firearm without registration / license / permit etc. etc. carry concealed or open, in your car with a bullet chambered etc. (just no loaded rifles in cars due to poaching)... We do fairly well with gun related crime / murders per-capita...

18 in Indiana. My bad 18 for long gun 21 for handgun

[QUOTE="Coyote, post: 19292639, member: 19170"
All because I asked you for a link showing he was democrat? :lmao:[/QUOTE]

Oh for God's sake....
It's posted in this thread you buffoon.. Go back and look.
I don't have time to guide you by the leash every step of the way.

I hear you, but something has to be done. I know our school district budget for this school year allocated over $6 million for security. And over $50 million for after school activities. Something needs to change.
That’s my point, to have real trained officers, just as a reg police officer.
Personally? I find it ridiculous that licensed school officers are not allowed to carry.

Those "licensed school officers" are often minimum wage earners with no qualifications whatsoever.

People will not give the school districts the funding to pay for fully qualified police officers. At my very large high school in northern Florida, I had two county sheriff's deputies full time. After I left, the county had to cut expenses so they formed a school district police department with lower qualified and less expensive officers assigned to the schools, and only larger schools like middle and high schools had them.

That is for YOUR school district to decide.

Review the cases. The answer is within your grasp.

What "cases"?

Either you're full of shit, or you've got some magic access to information that none of us have.

Which is it?

For you, I recommend Prevagen™.

So you're going to use the deaths of children as an excuse to troll and call me names?

You're quite the classy guy, aren't you?

Look up the reports on each of the incidents. You will find that most of the perps had been noted by school officials or police at one or more times.

I've no time to write you a book. Stop being so childish.

I am subbing long term right now because all of the school districts budgets are being cut they cannot hire teachers when they lose one. I have kids in my class now, that after 7 days in class are threats, but what do you propose I do about them? The administrators know also, so I have no need to report them.

Tell me how I deal with kids who haven't cracked yet but are prime candidates?!

Keep them away from freaks like you. The district must be desperate.

The school in question already had top notch security according to posts in this thread and the news.

The solution lies in addressing the underlying cause....something few....and almost ZERO leftists ever get around to.

It's MUCH more politically correct to blame objects

Recapping what we know.........

The Theatre shooter (Holmes)....Leftist
Sandy Hook Shooter....Leftist
Las Vegas Shooter....Leftist
Baseball field shooter (Congressional baseball game)....Leftist
Parkland Shooter (today) Leftist
Any mass shootings I omitted.....Leftist

Summary......Do we have a "gun" problem or a "Leftist" problem?

Any questions ?

Last edited:
A knife? A bomb?

YES! He would have.

Great point you...., uh, never mind!

Better source that, I believe it's 18 in FL with parental permission

Federal law to purchase a handgun is age 21.

" All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older."

Does a customer have to be a certain age to buy firearms or ammunition from a licensee? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

The school in question already had top notch security according to posts in this thread and the news.

The solution lies in addressing the underlying cause....something few....and almost ZERO leftists ever get around to.

It's MUCH more politically correct to blame objects
Legislate morality... problem solved

A knife? A bomb?

YES! He would have.

" All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older."

Does a customer have to be a certain age to buy firearms or ammunition from a licensee? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

You said posses not purchase. Big difference

A knife? A bomb?

YES! He would have.

be a citizen in VT and 16 years old... carte blanche, you can have any currently legal firearm without registration / license / permit etc. etc. carry concealed or open, in your car with a round chambered etc. (just no loaded rifles in cars due to poaching)... We do fairly well with gun related crime / murders per-capita...

O... and that is 16 yo, for a handgun, without the consent of your parents or guardian... Additionally, no minimum age to possess a long gun... AR-15, riot shotgun.. or whatever floats the 'youguns' fancy...

Carrying is not owning.

Here is my source:

Nope, more people are killed by guns by other people.

There, fixed that for you.
Nope, those people were killed with a gun.

Say what?

No, I think being illegal would have made it more difficult for him to buy the gun.
Well, if you think that, you're sadly mistaken. Making something illegal does not prevent it from happening. Just like making guns illegal would not stop people from getting them.

Think, Faun, think!
I am not responsible for your lack of brain functionality.

I didn’t say it would have prevented it. WTF is wrong with you? I said it would have made it more difficult to accomplish.
So what are you suggesting? Abolishing the 2nd Amendment?
Nope. I am in favor of banning military grade weapons which are currently legal for civilians to purchase.

Then you support people owning AR-15s buy you want revolvers, bolt action rifles, pump action shot guns banned? Since the AR-15 is a civilian rifle never used in war...while 6 shot revolvers, bolt action rifles, lever action rifles, pump action shotguns are actual military weapons....right?
Did I say weapons used in war? I said civilian-legal military grade weapons, which includes semi-automatic weapons like the one used today.

A knife? A bomb?

YES! He would have.

Point taken, but if possessing then the adult providing such a weapon should then be liable.

Ownership is what I meant to say.

A knife? A bomb?

YES! He would have.

" All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammuniti n for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older."

BS... VT legislation on this is out there for all to see & haven't heard of the Feds busting any of the handgun toteing teens up here.
5 questions, 5 answers about gun rights in Vermont

Point taken, but if possessing then the adult providing such a weapon should then be liable.

Ownership is what I meant to say.

Agreed

Forum List

Back