There is an active shooter at a Florida Highschool

Well, if you think that, you're sadly mistaken. Making something illegal does not prevent it from happening. Just like making guns illegal would not stop people from getting them.

Think, Faun, think!
I am not responsible for your lack of brain functionality.

I didn’t say it would have prevented it. WTF is wrong with you? I said it would have made it more difficult to accomplish.
So what are you suggesting? Abolishing the 2nd Amendment?
Nope. I am in favor of banning military grade weapons which are currently legal for civilians to purchase.

Then you support people owning AR-15s buy you want revolvers, bolt action rifles, pump action shot guns banned? Since the AR-15 is a civilian rifle never used in war...while 6 shot revolvers, bolt action rifles, lever action rifles, pump action shotguns are actual military weapons....right?
Did I say weapons used in war? I said civilian-legal military grade weapons, which includes semi-automatic weapons like the one used today.

So my 22LR version of the AR is military grade? How about my wife's 22 cal Ruger pistol?

I called it and you went right after it! Congratulations dumbass!

That is true and it needs to happen. But, the legislature voted a couple of years ago not to allow the officers to be armed. That has to change. Just my opinion.
I hear you, but something has to be done. I know our school district budget for this school year allocated over $6 million for security. And over $50 million for after school activities. Something needs to change.
That’s my point, to have real trained officers, just as a reg police officer.
Personally? I find it ridiculous that licensed school officers are not allowed to carry.

Those "licensed school officers" are often minimum wage earners with no qualifications whatsoever.

People will not give the school districts the funding to pay for fully qualified police officers. At my very large high school in northern Florida, I had two county sheriff's deputies full time. After I left, the county had to cut expenses so they formed a school district police department with lower qualified and less expensive officers assigned to the schools, and only larger schools like middle and high schools had them.

That is for YOUR school district to decide.

A knife? A bomb?

YES! He would have.
A knife would not have killed 17 people and bombs are illegal. Great point ya made there. :thup:

Possession of a handgun by anyone under the age of 21 is also illegal.

Great point you...., uh, never mind!

Better source that, I believe it's 18 in FL with parental permission

Federal law to purchase a handgun is age 21.

" All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older."

Does a customer have to be a certain age to buy firearms or ammunition from a licensee? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
BS... VT legislation on this is out there for all to see & haven't heard of the Feds busting all the handgun toteing teens up here.
5 questions, 5 answers about gun rights in Vermont

Then you need to get your state officials heads out of their asses for violating federal law.

They can carry them, but not own handguns nor purchase them legally.

[
Full auto needs a special license, and a lot of red tape to own.

semi auto?

such as?

rifles only?

Rifles and Handguns?

Yeah, it's a fair point. Probably more about magazine size than the semi-auto aspect. I mean even down here we're allowed semi-autos, mainly to control rabbit and possum populations. But the magazine sizes are limited.
But the magazine sizes are limited.

as long as they are being made, people will find them, and buy them.

if they can't find them or buy them, they'll make them

True story that...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HZ4HY9I/?tag=ff0d01-20 (prefabricated unit with a 6x6x6" build area for $398)

or with a little mechanical inclination https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KCYKNZ0/?tag=ff0d01-20 (build your own with an 8x8x7" build area for $279)

A knife? A bomb?

YES! He would have.
A knife would not have killed 17 people and bombs are illegal. Great point ya made there. :thup:

" All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammuniti n for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older."

Does a customer have to be a certain age to buy firearms or ammunition from a licensee? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
BS... VT legislation on this is out there for all to see & haven't heard of the Feds busting any of the handgun toteing teens up here.
5 questions, 5 answers about gun rights in Vermont

Have you considered that sources reliability? It is probably a grievous error. That paper is somewhere to left of Marx.

Folks might as well get used to this.
It's a direct result of decades of Democrat policies.

If you think it's bad now, wait'll they get their open borders.
Better hold on to those guns folks.

Meanwhile countries with strong gun control don't have regular school shootings. They also bury few law officers. Think we are up to 5 in the last week. That's about how many most countries bury for firearms deaths in a year.

Well, if you think that, you're sadly mistaken. Making something illegal does not prevent it from happening. Just like making guns illegal would not stop people from getting them.

Think, Faun, think!

I didn’t say it would have prevented it. WTF is wrong with you? I said it would have made it more difficult to accomplish.
Nope. I am in favor of banning military grade weapons which are currently legal for civilians to purchase.

Then you support people owning AR-15s buy you want revolvers, bolt action rifles, pump action shot guns banned? Since the AR-15 is a civilian rifle never used in war...while 6 shot revolvers, bolt action rifles, lever action rifles, pump action shotguns are actual military weapons....right?
Did I say weapons used in war? I said civilian-legal military grade weapons, which includes semi-automatic weapons like the one used today.

The AR-15 is not a military weapon and it isn't military grade and it has never been used in the military.....6 shot revolvers were used in war....bolt action rifles are currently used in war, pump action shot guns are currently used in war, and the most popular pistols in this country are semi autos......and have been and are still being used in war......

So you prettty much want all guns banned.........got it.

Meanwhile countries with strong gun control don't have regular school shootings. They also bury few law officers. Think we are up to 5 in the last week. That's about how many most countries bury for firearms deaths in a year.

That has nothing to do with law abiding people who own close to 600 million guns...that has to do with our criminals who commit murder...because they were raised without fathers, and on welfare......Britain...gun crime is going up, and their violent crime rate is going up...and they almost had 2 school shootings....stopped not by their gun control laws, but by pure, dumb luck......after they banned and confiscated guns...

I see the mods converged the threads under the thread least likely to get hits.

This is how they change the narrative.

Nicolas Cruz.

Wonder if he has any gang affiliation? Wonder if he's a dreamer?

Yep just like the one i . just posted where there is a LIVE VIDEO OF THE SHOOTING imagine how many will MISS it because now it's hidden 20 pages back.

THAT IS SUCH PURE BS WHENT HEY DO THAT AND THE TITLE OF IT CERTAINLY SHOWS A DIFFERENT WHAT EVER ON AN ISSUE.......

Wait is this some kind of contest? Did I miss the memo?

WHO CARES
Exactly.....who cares. Not the Right....not anyone actually.

The AR-15 is not a military weapon and it isn't military grade and it has never been used in the military.....6 shot revolvers were used in war....bolt action rifles are currently used in war, pump action shot guns are currently used in war, and the most popular pistols in this country are semi autos......and have been and are still being used in war......

Sure does kill a lot of people really fast though. See Vegas.

So? If the asshole today didn’t have a gun, he wouldn’t have been able to kill 17 people.
A knife? A bomb?

YES! He would have.

" All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older."

I'm not making this stuff up... you're wrong
Minimum Age to Purchase & Possess in Vermont
Last updated November 16, 2017.

Vermont law allows any person age 16 or older to possess a handgun without the consent of a parent or guardian.1 There is no minimum age to possess a rifle or shotgun in Vermont.

Vermont law allows firearm sales to anyone age 16 or older.2

Federal age restrictions impose stricter limits.

See our Minimum Age to Purchase & Possess Firearms policy summary for a comprehensive discussion of this issue.

Minimum Age to Purchase & Possess in Vermont
Last updated November 16, 2017.

Vermont law allows any person age 16 or older to possess a handgun without the consent of a parent or guardian.1 There is no minimum age to possess a rifle or shotgun in Vermont.

Vermont law allows firearm sales to anyone age 16 or older.2

Federal age restrictions impose stricter limits.

See our Minimum Age to Purchase & Possess Firearms policy summary for a comprehensive discussion of this issue.

I guess VT considers its constitution more prescient (being older and all) than the Fed. Statutes on this....

Last edited:

That has nothing to do with law abiding people who own close to 600 million guns...that has to do with our criminals who commit murder...because they were raised without fathers, and on welfare......Britain...gun crime is going up, and their violent crime rate is going up...and they almost had 2 school shootings....stopped not by their gun control laws, but by pure, dumb luck......after they banned and confiscated guns...

Yes it has everything to do with them. We have the highest ownership rate in the world. We also have the most gun problems. School shootings, church shootings, dead cops, mass shootings....

Boy I wish we could say we almost had school shootings.

There have already been 18 school shootings in the US this year: Everytown

Yes...Vegas....2 rifles firing over 1,000 rounds into a tightly packed crowd of over 22,000 people...

58 murdered.

A muslim terrorist in Nice, France, using a rental truck....

86 murdered.

Rental trucks are deadlier than 2 rifles....

Ours is going up.
FBI: Violent crime increases for second straight year

Dipshit....that has already been shown to be a lie.....

Media Push The Claim There Have Been 18 School Shootings In 2018. Here Are The Facts.

But that narrative was gleaned from the anti-gun group Everytown for Gun Safety. Here are some facts, in order to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the facts:

Twice, someone shot themselves on school grounds; one incident, on January 3, featured a man shooting himself in a former school’s parking lot; on January 10 a teen killed himself in an Arizona elementary school bathroom.

Four times, a bullet was fired through a school or dorm’s window: on January 4, a gunshot was fired at a high school in Seattle through an office window; no one was hurt. On January 10, a shot was fired shattering a California State University classroom window. No injuries were reported. The same day, in Texas, a bullet was accidentally fired through a classroom wall at the Grayson College Criminal Justice Center. No one was injured. On January 15, a bullet traveled through a residential hall’s dorm room. No injuries were reported.

Yes...Vegas....2 rifles firing over 1,000 rounds into a tightly packed crowd of over 22,000 people...

58 murdered.

A muslim terrorist in Nice, France, using a rental truck....

86 murdered.

Rental trucks are deadlier than 2 rifles....

Don't see a lot of school trucking or church truckings. OH and they make barriers for trucks. But glad you want murderers to have as many options as possible.

Ours is going up.
FBI: Violent crime increases for second straight year

Lying again....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Hard Data, Hollow Protests

The reason for the current increase is what I have called the Ferguson Effect.

Cops are backing off of proactive policing in high-crime minority neighborhoods, and criminals are becoming emboldened.

Having been told incessantly by politicians, the media, and Black Lives Matter activists that they are bigoted for getting out of their cars and questioning someone loitering on a known drug corner at 2 AM, many officers are instead just driving by. Such stops are discretionary; cops don’t have to make them. And when political elites demonize the police for just such proactive policing, we shouldn’t be surprised when cops get the message and do less of it.

Seventy-two percent of the nation’s officers say that they and their colleagues are now less willing to stop and question suspicious persons, according to a Pew Research poll released in January. The reason is the persistent anti-cop climate.

Four studies came out in 2016 alone rebutting the charge that police shootings are racially biased. If there is a bias in police shootings, it works in favor of blacks and against whites. That truth has not stopped the ongoing demonization of the police—including, now, by many of the country’s ignorant professional athletes. The toll will be felt, as always, in the inner city, by the thousands of law-abiding people there who desperately want more police protection.

Dipshit....that has already been shown to be a lie.....

Media Push The Claim There Have Been 18 School Shootings In 2018. Here Are The Facts.

But that narrative was gleaned from the anti-gun group Everytown for Gun Safety. Here are some facts, in order to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the facts:

Twice, someone shot themselves on school grounds; one incident, on January 3, featured a man shooting himself in a former school’s parking lot; on January 10 a teen killed himself in an Arizona elementary school bathroom.

Four times, a bullet was fired through a school or dorm’s window: on January 4, a gunshot was fired at a high school in Seattle through an office window; no one was hurt. On January 10, a shot was fired shattering a California State University classroom window. No injuries were reported. The same day, in Texas, a bullet was accidentally fired through a classroom wall at the Grayson College Criminal Justice Center. No one was injured. On January 15, a bullet traveled through a residential hall’s dorm room. No injuries were reported.

Hey Dipshit. 17 just died today. Thats probably more than all of Europe will have this year. And that's just one of several we have had already.

Forum List

Back