There is no catastrophe so ghastly that we will reform our gun laws

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

why is there a such thing as guns?

it's your fault we're using them to kill each other!!!!!

Houstan is 66.9% black and hispanic and has a democrat mayor;

who is comitting the murders there?

who are the victims?

good job leftard; look around for a white republican to blame because you're too much of a brainwashed left-wing coward to confront reality

Ahh, the race card is out...I'm surprised it took you so long.

Harris County (the county that surrounds Houston) has 4 GOP Commissioners and a GOP county judge. Not sure who the Sheriff is but if demographics hold out, it's likely a Republican as well.

Somehow they are completely powerless to stop the carnage and bear zero responsibility?

Of course...blame everyone else...

Houston has a murder rate equal to El Salvador. I think Phoenix has one equal to Honduras. Liberal cities? Hardly. Of course don't let facts stand in your way; you never do.

the most violent parts of the reddest states are the blue parts idiot

i'm not the one denying facts; you are

ur a joke

So the "toughest sheriff in the nation" Joe Arpiro isn't responsible for the murders in Phoenix? Curious..what exactly is he doing?

Likewise for whomever is sheriff in Houston (Harris County). You mean that the same folks who elected Dan Patrick and Jan Brewer somehow don't vote for Sheriffs?

You guys get further away from facts every day. It must suck to have to live your type of false lifestyles every day.

Sheriff Arapio is a county Sheriff, I'm sure the democrook city dwellers love that fact.

How can these people be this stupid and survive childhood?

If it wasn't for mindless parasties like you Candyass, I wouldn't be pro-choice. To bad someone made the wrong choice and didn't have your genetic garbage sucked into a sewer where it belongs.

The entire point to gun control is to increase the number of victims. Criminals will always get guns. It's the public that needs to be disarmed so they cannot fight back. Without guns, there are knives, bats, and brute force. The weak cannot be allowed to defend themselves against those stronger than they are. We see the proof of that every day as the elderly get beaten to death by random attack. But it's not a gun! That makes it okay. That's an acceptable death. The unacceptable death is if the victim can fight back.

To the left, there is no crime so ghastly that the victim should be permitted to defend themselves.

who are the victims?

good job leftard; look around for a white republican to blame because you're too much of a brainwashed left-wing coward to confront reality

Harris County (the county that surrounds Houston) has 4 GOP Commissioners and a GOP county judge. Not sure who the Sheriff is but if demographics hold out, it's likely a Republican as well.

Somehow they are completely powerless to stop the carnage and bear zero responsibility?

you started the race card when you were too cowardly to confron the reality of gun carnage in liberal cities

ur a joke

ok continue drooling

If we're not going to do anything again, I'd just like to make one request: given that we've all agreed, if only by our passive acquiescence, not to keep this from happening, can we please quit pretending to care? Let's just skip the histrionics this time: no pro forma shock, condolence photo ops, somber speeches, flags at half-mast, meaningless noises from liberals about legislation, meaningless counter-noises from the NRA about armed guards in elementary schools. Why bother going through the motions of soul-searching when we know very well there's nothing to search? If we can't be brave we might at least be honest: when we see the familiar helicopter shots of ambulances outside a school, the clusters of classmates hugging, the sobbing parents being led away, the makeshift shrines of candles and plush toys, instead of looking stricken or covering our mouths or saying "Oh my God" or "How horrible," let's just all look each other in the eye and say: "Shit happens."

Basically that is the conservative response to anything..."shit happens*". The asterisk is the following; "when it happens to people we care about, we take action."

Again, this is why I say that the only thing that will get Washington to move on this is if a powerful lawmaker's son or daughter is a victim of one of these "shit happens" moments. Then you'll see action taken.

Joe the Plumber said it best........Too bad your kid got shot, just don't mess with my guns

Democrat mayor; dem murderers, dem victims

leftard looks for a republican to blame

idiot

When will we ever reform our knife and baseball bat laws? How many people must be slashed and bashed before we wake up and ban knives and bats? Its a national embarrassment.

I think that when knives and baseball bats account for 2/3 of our murders we should reform our laws. Right now, that honor is held by guns

How many deaths are caused by cars and trucks? should we ban them? There is a price for freedom. Don't ever forget that.

No we shouldn't ban cars or trucks. But we should make them safer. Put in seat belts and air bags, make roads safer, require licensing and registration, insurance, ban drunk driving

Wait....we did that and reduced road fatalities dramatically

We just don't give a shit about guns

the most violent parts of the reddest states are the blue parts idiot

i'm not the one denying facts; you are

ur a joke

So the "toughest sheriff in the nation" Joe Arpiro isn't responsible for the murders in Phoenix? Curious..what exactly is he doing?

Likewise for whomever is sheriff in Houston (Harris County). You mean that the same folks who elected Dan Patrick and Jan Brewer somehow don't vote for Sheriffs?

You guys get further away from facts every day. It must suck to have to live your type of false lifestyles every day.

Mayor Annise D. Parker (Houston) is a carpet munching moonbat democrook.

Mayor Greg Stanton (Phoenix) is yet another lying fraud democrook like your moonbat messiah.
Checkmate dipshit.

And all of the murders happen in the city limits? Neat. Makes you wonder why we have Sheriffs.

Mayor Annise D. Parker (Houston) is a carpet munching moonbat democrook.

Mayor Greg Stanton (Phoenix) is yet another lying fraud democrook like your moonbat messiah.
Checkmate dipshit.

And all of the murders happen in the city limits? Neat. Makes you wonder why we have Sheriffs.

now you're trying to backpedal crying about city limits'

what a damn loser you are

sad, pathetic hypocritical loser

'shit happens" is what you morons say when you are confronted with the record welfare and food stamps on your watch; and the every day gun carnage on the streets of liberal cities

Houston has a murder rate equal to El Salvador. I think Phoenix has one equal to Honduras. Liberal cities? Hardly. Of course don't let facts stand in your way; you never do.

Harris County ( Houston ) is blue dumb ass. Come back when you know WTF you are talking about. You sure as hell don't need to be lecturing anyone about gun laws if your that foolish.

And each County Commissioner is a republican...wonder how that happened. Wonder how Dan Patrick (TEA Party darlin) came about from the Blue county?

Oh well, it's your fantasy...someday it will meet reality.

Harris County ( Houston ) is blue dumb ass. Come back when you know WTF you are talking about. You sure as hell don't need to be lecturing anyone about gun laws if your that foolish.

And each County Commissioner is a republican...wonder how that happened. Wonder how Dan Patrick (TEA Party darlin) came about from the Blue county?

Oh well, it's your fantasy...someday it will meet reality.

"blue" people committ murders and you look around for a republican to blame for it all

ur a damn comical loser

There is no catastrophe so ghastly that America will reform its gun laws - The Week

Look, we've collectively decided, as a country, that the occasional massacre is okay with us. It's the price we're willing to pay for our precious Second Amendment freedoms. We're content to forfeit the lives of a few dozen schoolkids a year as long as we get to keep our guns. The people have spoken, in a cheering civics-class example of democracy in action.

It's hard to imagine what ghastly catastrophe could possibly change America's minds about guns if the little bloody bookbags of Newtown did not. After that atrocity, it seemed as if we would finally enact some obvious, long-overdue half-measures. But perfectly reasonable, moderate legislation expanding background checks and banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines was summarily killed in the Senate for no reason other than that a sufficient number of United States senators are owned by the NRA. It made our official position as a nation nakedly explicit: we don't care about any number of murdered children, no matter how many, or how young. We want our guns.

The answer is not more gun laws.
The answer is to change society.

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but the county commisioner is a republican!!!!!!

MURDERER!!

lol; you moron!

who are the victims?

you started the race card when you were too cowardly to confron the reality of gun carnage in liberal cities

ur a joke

ok continue drooling

Confron? Is that Ebonics? Hang in there slingblade....
It always comes down to race with you guys...always.

052614.jpg

Forum List

Back