There was only ONE instance when the US paid "ransom" to Iran...

.....and it is NOT on Obama's watch.....

The money received by Iran is NOT US or European or anyone else's money...It is IRANIAN money frozen in various banks.

The ONLY instance that we paid ransom for hostages occurred under Reagan's watch.....Check out the Iran-Contra affair, Ollie North's involvement, and Reagan's "I can't recall" statement during the investigation of the fraudulent affair..
where did the money come from that we had to hold it?

It came from the sale of oil. It was their own money which they earned legally, by the same of their own oil. The US held this money hostage for more than 30 years. The money was returned when Iran agreed not to build nuclear weapons. It's their own money.
sure it did. Link

Funny Obama claimed it was from an arms deal 30 years ago. This retard doesn't even know the talking points Obungles handed out

You're an idiot. That's not what KERRY said at all.

Obama on Iran payment: 'We do not pay ransom' - CNNPolitics.com

. . . part of a $1.7 billion agreement to settle a decades-old arms deal dispute . . .

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/w...to-iran-was-not-a-ransom-obama-says.html?_r=0

I said Obama....now where is this proof of your accusations? Chop chop, surely you must have some....right? Or did you just pull that out of your fat ass like you progtards are noted for doing?

The money received by Iran is NOT US or European or anyone else's money...It is IRANIAN money frozen in various banks.

The ONLY instance that we paid ransom for hostages occurred under Reagan's watch.....Check out the Iran-Contra affair, Ollie North's involvement, and Reagan's "I can't recall" statement during the investigation of the fraudulent affair..

It came from the sale of oil. It was their own money which they earned legally, by the same of their own oil. The US held this money hostage for more than 30 years. The money was returned when Iran agreed not to build nuclear weapons. It's their own money.
sure it did. Link

Funny Obama claimed it was from an arms deal 30 years ago. This retard doesn't even know the talking points Obungles handed out

. . . part of a $1.7 billion agreement to settle a decades-old arms deal dispute . . .

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/w...to-iran-was-not-a-ransom-obama-says.html?_r=0

she does sound like stephanie

sure it did. Link

she does sound like stephanie
with 26K posts? right.

:lmao:

What a fucking liar you are, gnat.

It's money that was to be paid by the USA to the Shah. The terrorist regime in charge now has no claim to it, other than the bribes paid to Clinton.

Red Herring fallacy.

Looks like Dragonlady can't produce....let this be a lesson for you toads, don't spew it when you can't prove it

I don't have to check it out.

Of course not, you're a hack without a hint of integrity who will say anything to attack the hated enemies of your filthy party, and will tell any lie to cover for the party.

I remember it. I watched the hearings. I followed the scandal.

It's the reason why the republicans lost control of the Senate in 1986.

What reagan did was treason.

:rofl:

Ignorant Communists flinging shit like the feral baboons they are,

He was a traitor to our nation and our people.

So you are from the Soviet nation? :thup:

Not only that he put all Americans who traveled in that region at that time in jeopardy of being taken as hostages. And many more were taken throughout his presidency.

reagan taught the terrorists in Iran and the middle east that it does in fact pay to take our citizens as hostages but only if our president is a republican.

What utter stupidity. Another little Goebbels from the left, spewing the most fantastical bullshit.

What reagan did was treason. He was a traitor to our nation and our people. Not only that he put all Americans who traveled in that region at that time in jeopardy of being taken as hostages. And many more were taken throughout his presidency.

reagan taught the terrorists in Iran and the middle east that it does in fact pay to take our citizens as hostages but only if our president is a republican.

Reagan was determined to keep Communists out of our hemisphere. The Communist were already in the Senate disguised as Democrats and repeatedly passed the Boland Amendments to prevent Reagan from getting funding to stop the Communist takeover in Central America. He let Col North and a few others to find a way to fund the communist opposition.
They then sold arms that were brokered through Israel to Iran to allow Iran to fight their war with Iraq.
That is just the opposite of paying ransom, since we got money FROM them to pay for the weapons.

Last edited:

you know they and reality have zero familiarity

What reagan did was treason. He was a traitor to our nation and our people. Not only that he put all Americans who traveled in that region at that time in jeopardy of being taken as hostages. And many more were taken throughout his presidency.

Reagan was determined to keep Communists out of our hemisphere. The Communist were already in the Senate disguised as Democrats and repeatedly passed the Boland Amendments to prevent Reagan from getting funding to stop Communist takeover in Central America. He let Col North and a few others to find a way to fund

Now the democrats are identical to the Stalinists of that time.

Reagan was determined to keep Communists out of our hemisphere. The Communist were already in the Senate disguised as Democrats and repeatedly passed the Boland Amendments to prevent Reagan from getting funding to stop Communist takeover in Central America. He let Col North and a few others to find a way to fund

and you support a bigoted racist fascist with ties to putin.

go figure

Now the democrats are identical to the Stalinists of that time.

only in your delusions

and you support a bigoted racist fascist with ties to putin.

go figure
:link:

so when are you going to prove where the money came from? If you go by what Obama said, arms sales. Let's see your link. Educate us on how great you are.

Report: Obama administration shipped $400 million to Iran

"The money - which consisted mainly of Euros, Swiss francs and other foreign currencies - was airlifted to Iran in an unmarked cargo plane in January."

"The payment was part of a settlement over an arms deal from 1979, shortly before Iran went through a regime change."

And if the money was Euros, Swiss francs and other foreign currencies, how did Obama get it?

All good questions, but the left only believes and repeats the most current talking point issued by their master.

One hostage already said they weren't officially released until the money arrived. The return of hostages and receipt of the money go hand in hand. All cash, delivered at one time. Good question as to why each country hadn't returned the money instead of Obama having it all. He must have collected it for some reason and that must have taken some time since all that money had to be sent to him.

Forum List

Back