There was only ONE instance when the US paid "ransom" to Iran...

.....and it is NOT on Obama's watch.....

The money received by Iran is NOT US or European or anyone else's money...It is IRANIAN money frozen in various banks.

The ONLY instance that we paid ransom for hostages occurred under Reagan's watch.....Check out the Iran-Contra affair, Ollie North's involvement, and Reagan's "I can't recall" statement during the investigation of the fraudulent affair..

I don't have to check it out.

I remember it. I watched the hearings. I followed the scandal.

It's the reason why the republicans lost control of the Senate in 1986.

What reagan did was treason. He was a traitor to our nation and our people. Not only that he put all Americans who traveled in that region at that time in jeopardy of being taken as hostages. And many more were taken throughout his presidency.

reagan taught the terrorists in Iran and the middle east that it does in fact pay to take our citizens as hostages but only if our president is a republican.

Reagan was determined to keep Communists out of our hemisphere. The Communist were already in the Senate disguised as Democrats and repeatedly passed the Boland Amendments to prevent Reagan from getting funding to stop Communist takeover in Central America. He let Col North and a few others to find a way to fund

Now the democrats are identical to the Stalinists of that time.

There is just no end of your justifications of St. Ronnie's behaviour, his corruption, and his incompetence is there?

If Obama or anyone in his administration had done anything like this, you'd have him impeached for treason. Hell you've been trying to impeach both him and Hillary for Benghazi since the moment it happened. Stop lying about shit. I realize it's all you've got, but just stop. No one believes this crap any more.

the

The money received by Iran is NOT US or European or anyone else's money...It is IRANIAN money frozen in various banks.

The ONLY instance that we paid ransom for hostages occurred under Reagan's watch.....Check out the Iran-Contra affair, Ollie North's involvement, and Reagan's "I can't recall" statement during the investigation of the fraudulent affair..

What reagan did was treason. He was a traitor to our nation and our people. Not only that he put all Americans who traveled in that region at that time in jeopardy of being taken as hostages. And many more were taken throughout his presidency.

reagan taught the terrorists in Iran and the middle east that it does in fact pay to take our citizens as hostages but only if our president is a republican.

Reagan was determined to keep Communists out of our hemisphere. The Communist were already in the Senate disguised as Democrats and repeatedly passed the Boland Amendments to prevent Reagan from getting funding to stop Communist takeover in Central America. He let Col North and a few others to find a way to fund

and you support a bigoted racist fascist with ties to putin.

go figure

Who took a reset button to Putin and got laughed out of the country. The only bigoted racist fascist in this thread is YOU.

There is just no end of your justifications of St. Ronnie's behaviour, his corruption, and his incompetence is there?

If Obama or anyone in his administration had done anything like this, you'd have him impeached for treason. Hell you've been trying to impeach both him and Hillary for Benghazi since the moment it happened. Stop lying about shit. I realize it's all you've got, but just stop. No one believes this crap any more.
thanks for reminding me, Benghazi, remember our fallen at the hands of Hillary.

Reagan was determined to keep Communists out of our hemisphere. The Communist were already in the Senate disguised as Democrats and repeatedly passed the Boland Amendments to prevent Reagan from getting funding to stop the Communist takeover in Central America. He let Col North and a few others to find a way to fund the communist opposition.
They then sold arms that were brokered through Israel to Iran to allow Iran to fight their war with Iraq.
That is just the opposite of paying ransom, since we got money FROM them to pay for the weapons.

But, you forgot the best part,,,the one about Papa Bear saying..."Now, who ate my porridge?"

Obama just gave Iran $400 million for four hostages. Reagan sold some arms; to fight Communism in our hemisphere. Iran is the leading sponsor of terrorism in the middle east. When are you going to start the impeachment of Obama?

Reagan was determined to keep Communists out of our hemisphere. The Communist were already in the Senate disguised as Democrats and repeatedly passed the Boland Amendments to prevent Reagan from getting funding to stop the Communist takeover in Central America. He let Col North and a few others to find a way to fund the communist opposition.
They then sold arms that were brokered through Israel to Iran to allow Iran to fight their war with Iraq.
That is just the opposite of paying ransom, since we got money FROM them to pay for the weapons.

But, you forgot the best part,,,the one about Papa Bear saying..."Now, who ate my porridge?"

That goes with Obama didn't pay ransom to Iran for hostages.

All good questions, but the left only believes and repeats the most current talking point issued by their master.

One hostage already said they weren't officially released until the money arrived. The return of hostages and receipt of the money go hand in hand. All cash, delivered at one time. Good question as to why each country hadn't returned the money instead of Obama having it all. He must have collected it for some reason and that must have taken some time since all that money had to be sent to him.

Let's try a [probably futile] example.......

Somehow you have $20 of mine, but I have a book of yours and I say to you, "I'll return your book once you pay me back that $20 you owe me:.......Now, if you do return that $20, did you just pay me RANSOM money to get your book back?

you are correct

GUZVRbg.jpg

All good questions, but the left only believes and repeats the most current talking point issued by their master.

One hostage already said they weren't officially released until the money arrived. The return of hostages and receipt of the money go hand in hand. All cash, delivered at one time. Good question as to why each country hadn't returned the money instead of Obama having it all. He must have collected it for some reason and that must have taken some time since all that money had to be sent to him.

Somehow you have $20 of mine, but I have a book of yours and I say to you, "I'll return your book once you pay me back that $20 you owe me:.......Now, if you do return that $20, did you just pay me RANSOM money to get your book back?
yep

Just for background and......for the record......I do NOT subscribe to Ronnie being a traitor to the US...incompetent as a president? YES......but not a traitor.....Nonetheless:

Did Iran Delay Hostages Release To Ensure Reagan's Election?
By Richard Curtiss
"A conspiracy between a presidential candidate and a hostile foreign power against an incumbent president would seem to be without precedent in American history. But if Reagan struck a successful deal with Iran and captured the presidency in 1980, it would explain why he agreed to the bizarre alliance with Iran in 1985 and 1986: He had gotten away with it before."—B. Honegger and J. Naureckas, In These Times, July 7, 1987.

The charge has been raised, first in the Middle Eastern and European press and now in the US, that in 1980 while Jimmy Carter was frantically negotiating for an early release of American hostages in Iran, members of the Ronald Reagan campaign staff made the Ayatollah Khomeini an offer he couldn't refuse—badly needed US arms and spare parts for his war with Iraq if he kept the US Embassy hostages in Tehran until after election day.

Improbable as that story seems, given the outrage that any US presidential candidate would risk if the public learned of it, there is one Iranian willing and able to provide details that give the report increasing credence. He is Abolhassan Bani Sadr, who was president of Iran at the time the release negotiations were taking place. His statements in a Paris interview with theWashington Report on Middle East Affairs, shed light on heretofore inexplicable developments in recent US history.

Did Iran Delay Hostages Release To Ensure Reagan's Election?

Actually, it has happened with two presidents. Obama is the second one.

I am a PROUD American.....but I'm also an objective American, and I've often wondered why when Iran backs Palestinians in their struggle, we label Iran as funding terrorists (which, no doubt they may well be)... but when under Reagan we backed death squads who also murdered and raped, we sanitized the term and called them "Contras" and "freedom fighters".....???

Last edited:

Okay, why wasn't the money returned long before this? And why did Obama send money from different countries all at once? And why in cash? These days, a transfer happens in a matter of seconds online.

It was ransom. Face it. When Iran is saying you give us the money or we won't release the hostages, it's clear what is happening. We dealt with terrorists. They came out ahead. The money was supposedly going to be returned to them for agreeing not to create nukes. We have no way of knowing what they are up to because they told us we cannot send inspectors and must take their word. That should have meant no money since they weren't willing to prove that they would hold up their end of the bargain. They wanted to do as they please with no interference from us and they needed that money. They played Obama and he was too willing to go along.

Forum List

Back