There's a sucker born every minute

So Fox News thinks all Iranians are terrorists(who's shocked), did Israel tell them to say that? Who would Fox News like to be President of Iran? sorry Fox Noise has no credibility.

is the Wall Street Journal part of Fox News?....:cuckoo:

Owned by the same people, they get their marching orders from Rupert Murdoch.

so in order for a news source to be valid it must be owned and operated by liberals.....?

you're one of the suckers...

He is a moderate by Iranian standards.

Your standards, katz, are not the baselines for real definitions.

Khatami is the real moderate by Iranian standards...not Rouhani...

Hitherto little known, Khatami attracted global attention during his first election to the presidency when he captured almost 70% of the vote.[5] Khatami had run on a platform of liberalization and reform. During his two terms as president, Khatami advocated freedom of expression, tolerance and civil society, constructive diplomatic relations with other states including those in the Asia and European Union, and an economic policy that supported a free market and foreign investment.

Khatami is known for his proposal of Dialogue Among Civilizations. The United Nations proclaimed the year 2001 as the United Nations' Year of Dialogue Among Civilizations, on Khatami's suggestion.[6][7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Khatami

Last edited:

Khatami is the real moderate by Iranian standards...

Hitherto little known, Khatami attracted global attention during his first election to the presidency when he captured almost 70% of the vote.[5] Khatami had run on a platform of liberalization and reform. During his two terms as president, Khatami advocated freedom of expression, tolerance and civil society, constructive diplomatic relations with other states including those in the Asia and European Union, and an economic policy that supported a free market and foreign investment.

Khatami is known for his proposal of Dialogue Among Civilizations. The United Nations proclaimed the year 2001 as the United Nations' Year of Dialogue Among Civilizations, on Khatami's suggestion.[6][7]

You realize that you are assuming and projecting opinions and positions on the man that he may not even have. What he says may mean one thing to you, and an entirely different thing to him. Iran is still controlled by the Supreme Leader. Even if, and this is an outlier, even if, hypothetically, Khatami IS a moderate. The way you want him to be a moderate. He STILL will not have any power to achieve change because Iran has a Supreme Leader.

he's not a moderate by Iranian standards....else why would he suppress the student protests....? obviously he doesn't support free speech...

Free speech? you can't call for the overthrow of the government in most countries.

they weren't calling for the overthrow of the government.....they were on the same side as their current President...Mohammad Khatami.....an Iranian who supports free speech...(at least per Iranian standards)

The protests began on the eve of July 9, 1999 (18th Tir of year 1378 in the Persian calendar), after a peaceful demonstration by a group of students of Tehran University against the closure of the reformist newspaper, Salam, by the press court. Salam newspaper (Persian: روزنامه سلام) was operated by the Association of Combatant Clerics, the reformist political party to which the then President, Mohammad Khatami belonged. The student groups, which at the time were considered one of the major supporters of Khatami and his reform programs, were protesting in support of Khatami against the closure of the newspaper by the judiciary, which was controlled by the hardline opponents of President Khatami.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_student_protests,_July_1999

Iranian opposition supporters abroad are being urged to unite in a new Green Wave movement to work towards overthrowing a divided Islamic regime in Tehran.
Iranian exile calls for overthrow of Ahmadinejad | World news | guardian.co.uk

Sohrab Ahmari, Wall Street Journal writer and neoconservative advocate for military intervention in Iran

http://mondoweiss.net/2012/10/advoc...nt-educate-american-high-school-teachers.html

Intervention and Exploitation: US and UK Government International Actions Iran

http://www.us-uk-interventions.org/Iran.html

Last edited:
The reactionaries do not want to recognize the man is a moderate by Iranian standards, which is meant in the media releases and publications.

And our reactionaries are not American moderates, either, only far flung expressions of the loony far right.

The man is a moderate by Iranian standards, but as that goes, he was was touted by the Ayatollah. That makes him no less extreme than the man he replaced. Do you really expect him to stop their nuclear ambitions? The media can sweeten the details but the facts remain the same.

he's not a moderate by Iranian standards....else why would he suppress the student protests....? obviously he doesn't support free speech...

All this for a man who, as my colleague Sohrab Ahmari noted in these pages Monday, called on the regime's basij militia to suppress the student protests of July 1999 "mercilessly and monumentally." More than a dozen students were killed in those protests, more than 1,000 were arrested, hundreds were tortured, and 70 simply "disappeared." In 2004 Mr. Rohani defended Iran's human-rights record, insisting there was "not one person in prison in Iran except when there is a judgment by a judge following a trial."

No, what I was saying is the HE IS NO MODERATE. Jake keeps saying he is. Hence the " That makes him no less extreme than the man he replaced. Do you really expect him to stop their nuclear ambitions? The media can sweeten the details but the facts remain the same" line. He's just as bad as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Apologies for the confusion. I was typing half asleep too.

Khatami is the real moderate by Iranian standards...

You realize that you are assuming and projecting opinions and positions on the man that he may not even have. What he says may mean one thing to you, and an entirely different thing to him. Iran is still controlled by the Supreme Leader. Even if, and this is an outlier, even if, hypothetically, Khatami IS a moderate. The way you want him to be a moderate. He STILL will not have any power to achieve change because Iran has a Supreme Leader.

i call him that tongue-in-cheek.....because we are comparing the two Iranians...more from the Iranian viewpoint.....the student protests were in support of Khatami because he supposedly believes in 'free speech' (according to Iranian standards....not ours).....while Rohani squashed the protests....there does appear to be a bit of a difference...

correct....a President does not have control in either case...Supreme Leader Khomeni and his army do...

The reactionaries do not want to recognize the man is a moderate by Iranian standards, which is meant in the media releases and publications.

And our reactionaries are not American moderates, either, only far flung expressions of the loony far right.

The man is a moderate by Iranian standards, but as that goes, he was was touted by the Ayatollah. That makes him no less extreme than the man he replaced. Do you really expect him to stop their nuclear ambitions? The media can sweeten the details but the facts remain the same.

You're wrong

No, what I was saying is the HE IS NO MODERATE. Jake keeps saying he is.

And the lies continue. I said he was a moderate by Iranian standards. And that is where the US must deal with him.

Let's talk honestly, Gameboy.

You're wrong

TK is as much a phanatic by his standards as are the Iranians.

Extremists do not serve either the USA or Iranian needs.

You're wrong

That's it? I'm wrong? Surely you can do better than that! You'll need a refutatory argument for that.

:lol:

And the lies continue. I said he was a moderate by Iranian standards. And that is where the US must deal with him.

No he isn't. When he gets hand picked by the Ayatollahs, who themselves are extremists, how do you expect them to know what a moderate is?

You're wrong

That's it? I'm wrong? Surely you can do better than that! You'll need a refutatory argument for that.

:lol:

Actually I don't, Your Templar, so you're wrong. It comes with being you

No he isn't. When he gets hand picked by the Ayatollahs, who themselves are extremists, how do you expect them to know what a moderate is?

You, Gameboy, do not decide what Iranian moderation is or is not. You have your opinion, and it is absolutely incorrect. You, first, lied, then, backtracked, now, are floundering.

You, Gameboy, do not decide what Iranian moderation is or is not. You have your opinion, and it is absolutely incorrect. You, first, lied, then, backtracked, now, are floundering.

Uhh, what? Do I detect a hint of rage in your tone? You and CC fell flat on your faces. When "you're wrong" counts as a refutatory argument, then all hope of rational thought in our species is lost forever.

When "you're wrong" counts as a refutatory argument, then all hope of rational thought in our species is lost forever.

No wonder you are in a rage. You have to offer more than "no no" to your argument. Your opinion means nothing until you can offer credible evidence. You have not done so.

When "you're wrong" counts as a refutatory argument, then all hope of rational thought in our species is lost forever.

No wonder you are in a rage. You have to offer more than "no no" to your argument. Your opinion means nothing until you can offer credible evidence. You have not done so.

Aaand what sense does that make? Usually common sense tells you things, things that don't require so much thought, Jake. It seems you work that little hamster in your head a bit too much.

"Your opinion means nothing" does nothing to refute my opinion, which you clearly have not done.

"Your opinion means nothing" does nothing to refute my opinion, which you clearly have not done.
I don't have to refute your opinion because you have offered nothing more than your opinion, and no one cares.

Now if you want to give evidence why the guy is not an Iranian moderate, by all means, educate us.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back