There's no mob quite as nasty as the pro-gay mob

No empathy for bigots

no one is saying have empathy for bigots. We're saying the GOVERNMENT does not have the authority to tell people they can't be bigots.

And they don't. All laws which do so are unconstitutional.

Actually..what we're saying is the GOVERNMENT doesn't have the authority to force us to commit sacrilege, if we harm nobody in our abstention from participating in such.

^ And this is why your argument is a fail. You are focused on religion, screw that. The fact of the matter is ALL of the so called public accommodation laws are unconstitutional. I no more need justify my right to free association than I do my right to own a firearm

Lol..my argument isn't a fail at all, staab. Yes I'm focused on religion because it's a matter of freedom of religion.

We don't have any constitutional right to bigotry.

We do have a constitutional right to follow our conscience, as long as we do no harm in doing so.

I understand that it's too subtle for you, and that's okay.

No empathy for bigots

no one is saying have empathy for bigots. We're saying the GOVERNMENT does not have the authority to tell people they can't be bigots.

I understand the distinction.

Im of the mind that the businesses should be able to turn away whoever they want to legally....... and hopefully they get shunned and buried as a business for doing so.

But i also understand that the 1st amendment wasnt designed to be a blanket cover when commerce comes into play, and so i can see both sides of the particular issue in that regard.

At the end of the day, the sick bigotry is fading as generations pass. Polls show it, laws reflect it, entertainment and media reflect it and even the military reflects it.

I just wish the bigot minded fucks would hurry up and die of old age, or shut the fuck up with the brainless curmudgeon routine.

I'm fine with the market dealing with companies as it sees fit. A company that hung a sign outside its door that read "no n!ggers" wouldn't last long, the bad publicity would kill them.

But they should have the right to do so without fear of criminal prosecution, or lawsuits.

If they believe the weddings are fake, why do they care?

Would you care if I required you to come to my church..and if you refused, I removed your income?

Business's are not churches
Churches are not business's

Business's abide by laws that apply to business's- and pay taxes
Churches do not have to abide by the laws that are specific to business's- and do not pay taxes.

Not really that hard to distinguish between the two.

Correct.

However, that doesn't mean that every law is a just law. A point you seem to ignore.

Of course every law isn't a just law, but we are discussing this one specific law. Do you recognise any differences in the obligations of a business and the obligations of an individual?

No I certainly do not, for what is a business except a group of like minded individuals.

You don't lose your rights simply because you became a business owner.

For instance, can the government come in and search my business without a warrant? If the government passed a law that said they could would you say "hey too bad, you want to run a business, follow the law?"

A business can certainly be owned by individuals, but it is a legal entity. It is not a person. They can search your business as well as your house without a warrant in certain situations, but I get your point. Because business and persons share some characteristics doesn't make them the same. That's why you generally have to file papers to open a business and have a specific set of rules the business is obligated to adhere to. Individuals do not.

No empathy for bigots

Actually..what we're saying is the GOVERNMENT doesn't have the authority to force us to commit sacrilege, if we harm nobody in our abstention from participating in such.

^ And this is why your argument is a fail. You are focused on religion, screw that. The fact of the matter is ALL of the so called public accommodation laws are unconstitutional. I no more need justify my right to free association than I do my right to own a firearm

Lol..my argument isn't a fail at all, staab. Yes I'm focused on religion because it's a matter of freedom of religion.

We do have a constitutional right to follow our conscience, as long as we do no harm in doing so.

Yes in fact you DO have a right to be a bigot.

Have you people ever actually READ the COTUS?

No empathy for bigots

Im of the mind that the businesses should be able to turn away whoever they want to legally....... and hopefully they get shunned and buried as a business for doing so.

But i also understand that the 1st amendment wasnt designed to be a blanket cover when commerce comes into play, and so i can see both sides of the particular issue in that regard.

At the end of the day, the sick bigotry is fading as generations pass. Polls show it, laws reflect it, entertainment and media reflect it and even the military reflects it.

I just wish the bigot minded fucks would hurry up and die of old age, or shut the fuck up with the brainless curmudgeon routine.

I'm fine with the market dealing with companies as it sees fit. A company that hung a sign outside its door that read "no n!ggers" wouldn't last long, the bad publicity would kill them.

But they should have the right to do so without fear of criminal prosecution, or lawsuits.
We always get on the same page.

Boy youre lucky i aint gay wink wink

Would you care if I required you to come to my church..and if you refused, I removed your income?

Churches do not have to abide by the laws that are specific to business's- and do not pay taxes.

Correct.

However, that doesn't mean that every law is a just law. A point you seem to ignore.

Of course every law isn't a just law, but we are discussing this one specific law. Do you recognise any differences in the obligations of a business and the obligations of an individual?

No I certainly do not, for what is a business except a group of like minded individuals.

For instance, can the government come in and search my business without a warrant? If the government passed a law that said they could would you say "hey too bad, you want to run a business, follow the law?"

A business can certainly be owned by individuals, but it is a legal entity. It is not a person. They can search your business as well as your house without a warrant in certain situations, but I get your point. Because business and persons share some characteristics doesn't make them the same. That's why you generally have to file papers to open a business and have a specific set of rules the business is obligated to adhere to. Individuals do not.

But, if a law in unconstitutional, it doesn't matter if it is aimed towards a person or towards a business.

The government certainly doesn't have the authority to force you to abridge your rights in order to open a business.

No empathy for bigots

I can point to the part of the constitution that says we have the right to practice our religion.

But you can't point to the part of the constitution that says you have the right to be a bigot.

Like I said, it's too subtle for you.

This shit is making me hate queers, yes that's right I said QUEERS!!
If you're a queer and your tires get slashed, HA fucking HA!

No empathy for bigots

Careful there, you don't want to get a reputation as being reasonable.

Correct.

Most public accommodations in existence today knew what the public accommodation laws were going in.

So what. most gays who wanted to get married when it was illegal, knew that it was illegal going in

You are pathetic Ravi.
There is no comparison. Businesses signed on to PA laws. Gay people did not sign on to being discriminated against.

No empathy for bigots

Id rather be seen as unreasonable to both sides, thats how to know your thinking is clear of hackery.

No empathy for bigots

They do have that right. Racism isn't illegal.

Id rather be seen as unreasonable to both sides, thats how to know you're thinking is clear of hackery.
Or perhaps that's how you know that you are simply unreasonable.

Id rather be seen as unreasonable to both sides, thats how to know you're thinking is clear of hackery.

No, it's how you know you're a crappy writer, and your writing is reviled by all.

Or perhaps that's how you know that you are simply unreasonable.
Oh ill be the judge of that little misses you....you...

No, it's how you know you're a crappy writer, and your writing is reviled by all.
The opposite of whatever you think is as close to a sure thing in Vegas as Kentucky was to make it to the Final Four.

No empathy for bigots

Being a bigot is an attitude, and no law can regulate that. However, their behavior can and should be regulated.

Under what authority ? Where in the COTUS does the government have the authority to regulate behavior?

Further Bulldog, if the goal is to not see anyone discriminated against, why can i discriminate against any group not specifically listed under these stupid laws? If I don't like dark haired people, I can hang a sign right outside my business "no dark haired people" perfectly legal. How is that so? Why aren't people afforded the same protection due to their hair color as they are due to their race?

Every law we have is to regulate behavior. Surely you understand that. Just because some people don't abide by the laws doesn't mean that is not the purpose of them. If you don't understand the reason or need for protected classes, you need to educate yourself. This is not the best place for you to learn basic concepts. If you want to discuss specifics about this one class, ok, but you at least need a working knowledge first.

I can point to the part of the constitution that says we have the right to practice our religion.

But you can't point to the part of the constitution that says you have the right to be a bigot.

Like I said, it's too subtle for you.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

Like I said, have you actually READ the COTUS?

What is this? The 15th or 20th thread on this?

I think its a shame but what did the homophobic bigots expect?

If you feel so bad for the big-mouth bigots, send them more money.

Meanwhile, real Americans are going to fight for the principles on which this country was founded.

You mean....like religious freedom....moron.....

No empathy for bigots

Being a bigot is an attitude, and no law can regulate that. However, their behavior can and should be regulated.

Under what authority ? Where in the COTUS does the government have the authority to regulate behavior?

Further Bulldog, if the goal is to not see anyone discriminated against, why can i discriminate against any group not specifically listed under these stupid laws? If I don't like dark haired people, I can hang a sign right outside my business "no dark haired people" perfectly legal. How is that so? Why aren't people afforded the same protection due to their hair color as they are due to their race?

Every law we have is to regulate behavior. Surely you understand that. Just because some people don't abide by the laws doesn't mean that is not the purpose of them. If you don't understand the reason or need for protected classes, you need to educate yourself. This is not the best place for you to learn basic concepts. If you want to discuss specifics about this one class, ok, but you at least need a working knowledge first.

If you want to be insulting, I'll just move on

Of course every law is meant to regulate behavior. But only behavior that violates the rights of another. You do NOT have a right to business with a business that doesn't want your business.

Can you not see that by trying to protect one group, you re violating the rights of another group?

Forum List

Back