There's no mob quite as nasty as the pro-gay mob

Seven thousand dollars more in less than 30 mins. This is priceless

All Christian shop owners should state their intent not to serve queer fake weddings and watch their revenue grow by leaps and bounds when the homos announce their intent to gaycott.
If they believe the weddings are fake, why do they care?

They don't care if they take place.

They don't want to participate.

Would you care if I required you to come to my church..and if you refused, I removed your income?

Christians may not attend, but this Christian baker will certainly bake a wedding cake for dogs. Of course, he still refused to bake one for gays.
This Homophobic Bakery will Cater Dog Weddings but Not Gay Civil Unions - The Wire

Completely stupid, illogical, and hypocritical of them

Now explain to me why you believe the government ought be able to tell a business owner that they can't be stupid, illogical, or hypocritical.

All Christian shop owners should state their intent not to serve queer fake weddings and watch their revenue grow by leaps and bounds when the homos announce their intent to gaycott.

Would you care if I required you to come to my church..and if you refused, I removed your income?

Business's are not churches
Churches are not business's

Business's abide by laws that apply to business's- and pay taxes
Churches do not have to abide by the laws that are specific to business's- and do not pay taxes.

Not really that hard to distinguish between the two.

Churches do not have to abide by the laws that are specific to business's- and do not pay taxes.

Correct.

However, that doesn't mean that every law is a just law. A point you seem to ignore.

$200,000.....

nelson-haha.gif

Christians may not attend, but this Christian baker will certainly bake a wedding cake for dogs. Of course, he still refused to bake one for gays.
This Homophobic Bakery will Cater Dog Weddings but Not Gay Civil Unions - The Wire

Now explain to me why you believe the government ought be able to tell a business owner that they can't be stupid, illogical, or hypocritical.

My post was in response to a statement about Christian attitudes about dog weddings.
Business owners, and people for that matter, will always be able to do stupid, illogical, and hypocritical things. I don't see any way for that to ever be prevented. The best we can do is demand equal treatment for everyone as they deal with all the stupid, illogical, and hypocritical things that everyone inevitably has to deal with.

My post was in response to a statement about Christian attitudes about dog weddings.
Business owners, and people for that matter, will always be able to do stupid, illogical, and hypocritical things. I don't see any way for that to ever be prevented. The best we can do is demand equal treatment for everyone as they deal with all the stupid, illogical, and hypocritical things that everyone inevitably has to deal with.

And why on Earth would you think that the government ought get to demand that?

What's next Bulldog, you liberals gonna insist that women can no longer decide who they want to date? They can't discriminate, that might hurt someone's feelings...

Correct.

However, that doesn't mean that every law is a just law. A point you seem to ignore.

Of course every law isn't a just law, but we are discussing this one specific law. Do you recognise any differences in the obligations of a business and the obligations of an individual?

No empathy for bigots

no one is saying have empathy for bigots. We're saying the GOVERNMENT does not have the authority to tell people they can't be bigots.

And they don't. All laws which do so are unconstitutional.

Actually..what we're saying is the GOVERNMENT doesn't have the authority to force us to commit sacrilege, if we harm nobody in our abstention from participating in such.

And why on Earth would you think that the government ought get to demand that?

I see you are wanting to parse words. Change that to equally fair treatment.

Correct.

Of course every law isn't a just law, but we are discussing this one specific law. Do you recognise any differences in the obligations of a business and the obligations of an individual?

No I certainly do not, for what is a business except a group of like minded individuals.

You don't lose your rights simply because you became a business owner.

For instance, can the government come in and search my business without a warrant? If the government passed a law that said they could would you say "hey too bad, you want to run a business, follow the law?"

Correct.

No I certainly do not, for what is a business except a group of like minded individuals.

For instance, can the government come in and search my business without a warrant? If the government passed a law that said they could would you say "hey too bad, you want to run a business, follow the law?"
Most public accommodations in existence today knew what the public accommodation laws were going in.

No empathy for bigots

no one is saying have empathy for bigots. We're saying the GOVERNMENT does not have the authority to tell people they can't be bigots.

Actually..what we're saying is the GOVERNMENT doesn't have the authority to force us to commit sacrilege, if we harm nobody in our abstention from participating in such.

^ And this is why your argument is a fail. You are focused on religion, screw that. The fact of the matter is ALL of the so called public accommodation laws are unconstitutional. I no more need justify my right to free association than I do my right to own a firearm

Correct.

Most public accommodations in existence today knew what the public accommodation laws were going in.

So what. most gays who wanted to get married when it was illegal, knew that it was illegal going in

You are pathetic Ravi.

No empathy for bigots

I understand the distinction.

Im of the mind that the businesses should be able to turn away whoever they want to legally....... and hopefully they get shunned and buried as a business for doing so.

But i also understand that the 1st amendment wasnt designed to be a blanket cover when commerce comes into play, and so i can see both sides of the particular issue in that regard.

At the end of the day, the sick bigotry is fading as generations pass. Polls show it, laws reflect it, entertainment and media reflect it and even the military reflects it.

I just wish the bigot minded fucks would hurry up and die of old age, or shut the fuck up with the brainless curmudgeon routine.

No empathy for bigots

Being a bigot is an attitude, and no law can regulate that. However, their behavior can and should be regulated.

Under what authority ? Where in the COTUS does the government have the authority to regulate behavior?

Further Bulldog, if the goal is to not see anyone discriminated against, why can i discriminate against any group not specifically listed under these stupid laws? If I don't like dark haired people, I can hang a sign right outside my business "no dark haired people" perfectly legal. How is that so? Why aren't people afforded the same protection due to their hair color as they are due to their race?

Forum List

Back