🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

THESE Cause Global Warming

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Jackolantern.jpg

The headline stopped me in my track. The daily RSS scan was getting boring as they all reported the same thing. Until I came to this:

Department of Energy Claims Halloween Pumpkins CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING

When I quit laughing, I read on:

Progressives won’t be happy until they’ve sucked absolutely all the fun out of Halloween. The Department of Energy is now claiming Halloween pumpkins cause global warming.

The rest of the story is @ Oh Brother... Department of Energy Claims Halloween Pumpkins CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING - The Gateway Pundit

Arctic wasn't “ice free in the summer of 2013”...

Kerry Was ‘Wildly, Extraordinarily, Entirely Wrong’ About Global Warming
December 9, 2015 – Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) pointed out Tuesday that Secretary of State John Kerry - who is currently in Paris calling for a climate change agreement with a “legally binding” enforcement mechanism - was “wildly, extraordinarily, entirely wrong” when as a senator in 2009, Kerry predicted that the Arctic would be “ice free in the summer of 2013”.
“The summer of 2013 has come and gone, and John Kerry was not just a little bit, he was wildly, extraordinarily, entirely wrong,” Cruz said Tuesday in his opening statement at a hearing of the Senate Science Subcommittee he chairs. “Here are the inconvenient facts about the polar ice caps. The Arctic is not ice free. This year’s minimum sea ice extent was well above the record low observed in 2011," Cruz said. “In the Antarctic, a recent study from the journal Glaciology indicates that the ice is not only not decreasing, but is in fact increasing in mass, directly contrary to what the global warming alarmists had told us would be happening. "This is not what their climate models projected,” Cruz said.

christy_temp_chart.png

”According to the satellite data, there has been no significant global warming for the past 18 years," Cruz continued."Those are the data. The global warming alarmists don’t like these data. They are inconvenient to their narrative. But facts and evidence matters.” John Christy, director of the Earth System Science Center at the University of Alabama in Huntsville who tracks temperature data gathered by satellites and weather balloons worldwide, told the subcommittee that “there is clear evidence that the [computer climate] models have a strong tendency to over-warm the atmosphere, relative to actual observations.

"These models failed at the simple test of telling us ‘what’ has already happened, and thus would not be in a position to give us a confident answer to ‘what’ may happen in the future and ‘why'. As such, they would be of highly questionable value in determining policy that should depend on a very confident understanding of how the climate system works,” Christy testified. Another climate scientist, Judith Curry of the Georgia Institute of Technology, agreed that “the growing discrepancy between climate model predictions and the observations has raised serious questions about the climate models that are being used as the basis for national and international energy and climate policies."

MORE

Jackolantern.jpg

The headline stopped me in my track. The daily RSS scan was getting boring as they all reported the same thing. Until I came to this:

Department of Energy Claims Halloween Pumpkins CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING

When I quit laughing, I read on:

Progressives won’t be happy until they’ve sucked absolutely all the fun out of Halloween. The Department of Energy is now claiming Halloween pumpkins cause global warming.

The rest of the story is @ Oh Brother... Department of Energy Claims Halloween Pumpkins CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING - The Gateway Pundit

Date on the original DOE press release was Tues before Halloween. This is one way to tell for sure that you are being propagandized. When vital scientific information is sequestered and released on dates for maximum public impact. Starting to resemble the Soviet Union in the efficiency and dedication to control minds and feelings..

Another with no sense of Ha! Ha! :)

It's not funny when you have lots of close Russian immigrant friends who talk about the public information machine that existed in the old Soviet Union. By their accounts, they had to read every "news" story in between the lines and apply a lot of thought and common sense to get the TRUE motive behind the story..

It should scare you more than those Jack O Lanterns..

I also agree that the denier misinformation tactics are scarily reminiscent of the Soviet propaganda campaigns.

I mean, look at the dishonest propaganda of the OP, which all he deniers here supported. The DoE post talked about how to make good use of pumpkins into biomass energy. In response, the denierswent hysterical and made up a kook story about how the DoE was trying to kill Halloween. That's the kind of constant propaganda which the denier cult leaders use to keep the rank-and-file rubes in a constant state of manufactured outrage.

Even scarier, of course, is the way every single denier on this board wishes to send their opponents to a state gulag for disagreeing with the official science of TheParty. I keep asking, but not a single one of them will condemn that tactic.

And let's not even talk about the denier habit of wishing death on their opponents.

Instead of listing the ways in which deniers are like the old Soviets, it would be a much quicker task to list the very few ways in which they differ.

I also agree that the denier misinformation tactics are scarily reminiscent of the Soviet propaganda campaigns.

I mean, look at the dishonest propaganda of the OP, which all he deniers here supported. The DoE post talked about how to make good use of pumpkins into biomass energy. In response, the denierswent hysterical and made up a kook story about how the DoE was trying to kill Halloween. That's the kind of constant propaganda which the denier cult leaders use to keep the rank-and-file rubes in a constant state of manufactured outrage.

Even scarier, of course, is the way every single denier on this board wishes to send their opponents to a state gulag for disagreeing with the official science of TheParty. I keep asking, but not a single one of them will condemn that tactic.

And let's not even talk about the denier habit of wishing death on their opponents.

Instead of listing the ways in which deniers are like the old Soviets, it would be a much quicker task to list the very few ways in which they differ.

You're speechless aint ya? Can't defend the indefensible anymore. You don't even try. Because you KNOW this is just propaganda for the masses and you have to look the way to maintain your zen..

You're speechless aint ya? Can't defend the indefensible anymore. You don't even try. Because you KNOW this is just propaganda for the masses and you have to look the way to maintain your zen..

I thought it was funny - to begin with. Now?

I thought it was funny - to begin with. Now?

Can't tell you WHAT to think.. But you best question "authority" more than ever and verify virtually EVERYTHING that comes out of the Ginormous Govt propaganda machine..

Another with no sense of Ha! Ha! :)

It's not funny when you have lots of close Russian immigrant friends who talk about the public information machine that existed in the old Soviet Union. By their accounts, they had to read every "news" story in between the lines and apply a lot of thought and common sense to get the TRUE motive behind the story..

It should scare you more than those Jack O Lanterns..

Lots of close Russian immigrant friends? I don't see you quoting them making comments about the news here.

I've seen repeated stuff on the EPA seeking to control wood-burning things like fireplaces and outdoor patio stuff. Also commentaries about now using charcoal for barbeques.

Forum List

Back