They're Trying To Compare Obamacare With Katrina Now

[quot

Dude, STFU.

Here at Ft Campbell my shop is in a building that was slated for demolition 4 years ago, but because of budget cuts from the White House we're staying here till further notice. To be honest, I don't see why we're moving. There's nothing wrong with the building. It's just old. Outpatient housing facilities are lower priority than Inpatient housing. So of course they don't get the best there is. Their injuries are less serious. They're on temporary status waiting for reassignment or waiting for orders to go back to their units. Let's not forget that the only thing the press found wrong with those facilities was a little mildew and peeling paint.

I suggest you STFU till you can comment on something you know about.

Guy, now your SHOP is in a government building? Man, your hand out for the government handouts never seems to end, does it.

Maybe you can swap screenames with that guy who calls himself "Welfare Queen". It would be more honest.

If the Army knew it was going to put guys in those outpatient barracks, they should have cleaned them up before putting troops in there. But Bush didn't set aside the funds to do that. He was too busy paying Halliburton $20.00 for a hamburger.

Like I said, STFU till you can comment on something you know about.

Question: Where is a Department of Defense employee supposed to work, in a tent.

Jesus Christ on a stick.

You are one stupid motherfucken piece of shit.

ObamaCare hasn't failed.

Quite the opposite. It's been a wild success. It's already saved billions and done a great deal to help the elderly get prescriptions with a price that is affordable. It's rooted out fraud, got rid of redundancies and is modernizing the way the medical profession keeps records. Absent from your folks diatribe is all those facts. What you folks are complaining about is a website never meant to service 34 states and shitty insurance policies issued after the law took effect so that companies could jack them up and blame Obama. It's actually doing better than the rollout of medicare part D or RomneyCare.

Dude, cut back on the Crack pipe.

What's up man? Reality sucking for you?

11 facts about the Affordable Care Act

Obviously your fantasies are sucking out your grey matter.

[quot

Dude, STFU.

Here at Ft Campbell my shop is in a building that was slated for demolition 4 years ago, but because of budget cuts from the White House we're staying here till further notice. To be honest, I don't see why we're moving. There's nothing wrong with the building. It's just old. Outpatient housing facilities are lower priority than Inpatient housing. So of course they don't get the best there is. Their injuries are less serious. They're on temporary status waiting for reassignment or waiting for orders to go back to their units. Let's not forget that the only thing the press found wrong with those facilities was a little mildew and peeling paint.

I suggest you STFU till you can comment on something you know about.

Guy, now your SHOP is in a government building? Man, your hand out for the government handouts never seems to end, does it.

Maybe you can swap screenames with that guy who calls himself "Welfare Queen". It would be more honest.

If the Army knew it was going to put guys in those outpatient barracks, they should have cleaned them up before putting troops in there. But Bush didn't set aside the funds to do that. He was too busy paying Halliburton $20.00 for a hamburger.

Question: Where is a Department of Defense employee supposed to work, in a tent.

Jesus Christ on a stick.

So you have a government job..

collect a government pension from a previous job.

And collect rent from government vouchers given to Section 8 housing.

But you'll be the first one to whine the government spends too much!

Jesus Christ on a stick.

So you have a government job..

collect a government pension from a previous job.

And collect rent from government vouchers given to Section 8 housing.

But you'll be the first one to whine the government spends too much!

$17 trillion in debt.

BTW,....
is working for the government the same as being on welfare? Am I supposed to refuse clean and affordable housing to folks that need it? Am I supposed to send back my pension just because it harelips every liberal in America? At least I earned everything I have. Can people on food stamps say the same? Can someone with nothing wrong with them yet collecting Social Security Disability payments say the same?

Like I said, you don't know anything about this issue. $17 trillion in debt........suck it.

Last edited:
ObamaCare hasn't failed.

Quite the opposite. It's been a wild success. It's already saved billions and done a great deal to help the elderly get prescriptions with a price that is affordable. It's rooted out fraud, got rid of redundancies and is modernizing the way the medical profession keeps records. Absent from your folks diatribe is all those facts. What you folks are complaining about is a website never meant to service 34 states and shitty insurance policies issued after the law took effect so that companies could jack them up and blame Obama. It's actually doing better than the rollout of medicare part D or RomneyCare.

Dude, cut back on the Crack pipe.

What's up man? Reality sucking for you?

11 facts about the Affordable Care Act

I'll see your 11 facts, and raise you 5.4 million.

Have a seat.

[

$17 trillion in debt.

BTW,....

What, is working for the government the same as being on welfare? Am I supposed to refuse clean and affordable housing to folks that need it? Am I supposed to send back my pension just because it harelips every liberal in America? At least I earned everything I have. Can people on food stamps say the same? Can someone with nothing wrong with them yet collecting Social Security Disability payments say the same?

Like I said, you don't know anything about this issue. $17 trillion in debt........suck it.

You are right. 17 triillion in debt is too much.

Cutting the Military Industrial Complex with its 900 billion dollar budget would be an AWESOME place to start, because we don't need to have 12 aircraft carriers when the rest of the world can't muster 12 between them.

And, guy, no, you didn't "earn" a pension. YOu are getting a pension because of the generosity of your fellow Americans.

[

$17 trillion in debt.

BTW,....

What, is working for the government the same as being on welfare? Am I supposed to refuse clean and affordable housing to folks that need it? Am I supposed to send back my pension just because it harelips every liberal in America? At least I earned everything I have. Can people on food stamps say the same? Can someone with nothing wrong with them yet collecting Social Security Disability payments say the same?

You are right. 17 triillion in debt is too much.

Cutting the Military Industrial Complex with its 900 billion dollar budget would be an AWESOME place to start, because we don't need to have 12 aircraft carriers when the rest of the world can't muster 12 between them.

And, guy, no, you didn't "earn" a pension. YOu are getting a pension because of the generosity of your fellow Americans.

Right. That pension is just an incentive. Do you understand that concept numbnuts? Try getting enough people to sign up for military service without a reasonable retirement plan. Nobody's going to put up with the bullshit we had to put up with if there's nothing to look forward to.

BTW, Obama is currently gutting the military to little or no fanfare. He's already cutting it to barebones as we speak, so where else do you want to cut? Maybe cut the Drone Program? How bout that?

Like I said, pick another thread, you're obviously unqualified for this topic.

[

Right. That pension is just an incentive. Do you understand that concept numbnuts? Try getting enough people to sign up for military service without a reasonable retirement plan. Nobody's going to put up with the bullshit we had to put up with if there's nothing to look forward to.

BTW, Obama is currently gutting the military to little or no fanfare. He's already cutting it to barebones as we speak, so where else do you want to cut? Maybe cut the Drone Program? How bout that?

The vast majority of people who sign up for the military never get anywhere near 20 years or a pension. And I've been in the military, frankly, I put up with a lot more bullshit in the civilian jobs I've held since.

Please, we still spend more on the military than the rest of the world combined and seven of the next ten top spenders are our allies.

Incidently, hte ONLY reason we are 17 Trillion in debt is because we aren't taxing the wealthy at an appropriate rate.

We didn't have huge debts until your boy Reagan decided that the Supply Siders weren't totally full of shit like every sensible economist said they were.

And now that Supply Side has FAILED to produce the prosperity they promised, the rich argue that it's "freedom" or something.

[

The vast majority of people who sign up for the military never get anywhere near 20 years or a pension. And I've been in the military, frankly, I put up with a lot more bullshit in the civilian jobs I've held since.

Please, we still spend more on the military than the rest of the world combined and seven of the next ten top spenders are our allies.

Incidently, hte ONLY reason we are 17 Trillion in debt is because we aren't taxing the wealthy at an appropriate rate.

We didn't have huge debts until your boy Reagan decided that the Supply Siders weren't totally full of shit like every sensible economist said they were.

And now that Supply Side has FAILED to produce the prosperity they promised, the rich argue that it's "freedom" or something.

A majority get out because of the long deployments and the stress involved in military life. You can't decide where you want to work. You're constantly being ether deployed or PCSed. Every time you PCS you become poor. And let's not forget the hazards to life and limb. Not everyone was a paper-pusher. Combat-arms units are constantly in hostile fire zones.

The debt is this high because Obama has spent so much cash on new entitlements and handouts to campaign contributors. His policies are wasteful and destructive. 90million of all work eligible workers are currently collecting government payouts, the highest percentage in the last 70 years. That is why the debt is so high. Not because of military spending.

Emergency Room treatment is certainly not free. It costs you and me lots of money to give that "free" treatment.

The question was tens of millions did not get affordable health care. They got health care FREE at the emergency room and that sure is affordable for them. The fact that it costs me and you is irrelevant.
Can you imagine what it is going to cost me and you to buy a health insurance policy for those tens of millions? And the cost of the government bureaucracy to administer the program will rival the losses we have in the post office.

The cost of the insurance is less than the cost of treating 40 million people without it.

The actual most cost effective way to deliver healthcare to all Americans would be Single Payer.

Wrongon the first count.
Wrong on the second too. Single payer has led to skyrocketing costs and rationing everywhere it's been tried. The VA does a moderately successful job mainly because the military throws tons of money at it and it serves a limited population.

1) There are no "rights", guy.

It can't be a "right" if it can be taken away from you. Since anything CAN be taken away from you, what you really have are privilages that society thinks you should have.

So the qeustion really is, should health care be a consumer commodity that only the well-off can afford? "If you have to ask, you can't afford it!"

Or should it be a public service that all citizens should have access to like police and fire protection and clean water and clean air.

2) Pointing out that other officials should have done more doesn't take away from the fact that Bush utterly failed as a leader. Keep in mind, after 9/11, he spent BILLIONS of dollars constructing this elaborate system of disaster relief and consolidated dozens of agencies under the banner of "Homeland Security".

And on it's first big test, it failed, miserably, and hundreds of people died.

There are no rights, huh? Exactly, this is why Obamacare failed. This is why your argument fails. You believe that there are no rights, just privileges to be doled out and taken away on the very whim of the state. People have the right to choose their own form of health insurance. Hence, the 5th Amendment right to life, liberty and property.

ObamaCare hasn't failed.

Medicare Part D was a Bush proposal that was passed in 2003 over the democrats objections while Obama was still voting present in the Illinois legislature.

In the House 187 Democratic members voted no. In the Senate 37 Democrats voted against the new Bush Part D entitlement.

The question was tens of millions did not get affordable health care. They got health care FREE at the emergency room and that sure is affordable for them. The fact that it costs me and you is irrelevant.
Can you imagine what it is going to cost me and you to buy a health insurance policy for those tens of millions? And the cost of the government bureaucracy to administer the program will rival the losses we have in the post office.

The cost of the insurance is less than the cost of treating 40 million people without it.

The actual most cost effective way to deliver healthcare to all Americans would be Single Payer.

Wrongon the first count.

Evidence? Here's mine:

Covering the Uninsured Helps You Too

But when an uninsured person is in crisis and cannot pay, that burden falls upon the insured population, the hospitals, the doctors and the government. And these billions of dollars of "uncompensated care" drive up health insurance premiums for everyone.
The Uninsured

Wrong on the second too. Single payer has led to skyrocketing costs and rationing everywhere it's been tried. The VA does a moderately successful job mainly because the military throws tons of money at it and it serves a limited population.

All the Single Payer countries have lower costs and better outcomes. If our military were 37th in the country, you'd pitch a fit and fall into it, but defend being 37th in healthcare...for one of the wealthiest nations in the world. Sad.

There are no rights, huh? Exactly, this is why Obamacare failed. This is why your argument fails. You believe that there are no rights, just privileges to be doled out and taken away on the very whim of the state. People have the right to choose their own form of health insurance. Hence, the 5th Amendment right to life, liberty and property.

ObamaCare hasn't failed.

Medicare Part D was a Bush proposal that was passed in 2003 over the democrats objections while Obama was still voting present in the Illinois legislature.

In the House 187 Democratic members voted no. In the Senate 37 Democrats voted against the new Bush Part D entitlement.

But when it passed and was implemented (full of glitches I might add), Democrats didn't try to repeal it 44 times, close down the government over it or threaten default. They went out and helped their constituents sign up for it then they worked to fix it. They closed the donut hole with the ACA.

ObamaCare hasn't failed.

But when it passed and was implemented (full of glitches I might add), Democrats didn't try to repeal it 44 times, close down the government over it or threaten default. They went out and helped their constituents sign up for it then they worked to fix it. They closed the donut hole with the ACA.

Probably because it wasn't projected to cause 66% of the population to lose their health insurance. Just a tiny detail....

Forum List

Back