Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
1. Bullpen Golf Carts
2. NFL Goalposts on the goal line
3. ABA Basketballs
4. 6 NFL Preseason games
5. NFL Halftime Shows
6. White tennis balls

how about the good old days where before free agency,you could count on seeing the same players back every year or when there was a day and age where they didnt where tattoes all over the body?

Even in the old days you had rich teams and poor teams. The poor teams sold players to rich teams to make payroll

Remember the Kansas City A's and the Yankees?

Things I wish would go away:

Baseball players constantly spitting.

Women tennis players shrieking when they hit the ball.

The intentional walk.

All football played by people over 18 years old.

Dunking in basketball.

What drives me nuts is twenty something year olds who still ride skateboards and stunt bikes

Even in the old days you had rich teams and poor teams. The poor teams sold players to rich teams to make payroll

Remember the Kansas City A's and the Yankees?

Yeah I bet Yankees fans alive today arent even aware that Mickey Mantle,whitey ford and Reggie Jackson arent true Yankees like Derek Jeter,Andy Pettie or Mariano Rivera.

It was the good old Kansas city organization that gave the yanks so many good teams over the years.Those days even contiuned on when they were the royals trading away Lou Pinella for some player that turned out to be a bust.That was my most painful moment as a royals fan.:mad:

thank god they at least held on to George Brett and never traded him to them.The Royals will never again find a player anything like Brett ever again.

I was a little youngster when they made it to their first playoff game against the yankees in 76.When Chris Chambliss hit that monster homerun off the royals Mark Littel in the 9th inning,i went to bed crying that night.that was so heartbreaking.What many people forget about that game was Brett tied the game up in the top of the 9th inning with a 3 run homer that made it 6 to 6. The Royals still made us all proud here in Kansas city the fact they had to win the game late in the 9th and they took them to five games.

Everybody here in kansas city was elated when Ewing Kauffman fired Whitey Herzog a few years later when he wasnt able to win the division.Kaufmann wanted to fire Herzog the next year if they did not win the division but since they won the divison two more years again after that,he could not fire him til the 79 season when they finished second.

Kauffman was hoping they would only finish in second place the next year so he could fire Herzog because Herzog cost them that game in 76 and would ALWAYS make stupid changes that would cost the royals the pennant against the yanks.

after that playoff lost to the yanks in 76,Kauffman approached him and said-You just cost us a chance to go to the world series.a chance that we may never have again.we may never have another chance to get to the world series like we did this year.

Herzog would always cost the royals the game in late innings because Paul Splittorf would be mowing them down making the hitters looks silly and Herzog being stuck on pitch counts,would bring him out of the game only to watch his bullpen blow the games for them.

It was no mere coincidence that after the royals got rid of Herzog and got a new manager,they finally beat the yankees in 3 straight games.that was bitter sweet finally beating the yanks,not only beating them but doing it in 3 straight games.

That year they made it to the world series in 80,they were just happy to be there.beating the yankees was THEIR or i should say Our world series victory.I will never forget that classic moment of King George in classic style coming up against Gossage late in the game and hitting a three run homer to put them ahead for good and win the final game of the series in new york no less.

All the pressure in the world was on Brett and it was like nothing to him.He was always so relaxed at the plate. Herzog cost the royals so many playoff losses aginst them,everybody here in kc was glad when he was finally gone.

It was REALLY bittersweet though when the royals and cardinals faced each other in their second world series though.It was bittersweet not just winning it,but the fact they beat Herzog as well made it all the more sweet.:clap2::banana:

Herzog in typical fashion,just like he did in the playoffs against the yankees,he cost the cardinals that world series loss with a studid decison that cost them the game,sending in a relief pitcher that Dane Org knew how to hit very well instead of another one he had available to send in that Org had not had a history of hitting well against.:D

and then in the world series against the twins,he lost that series for them as well.:D

there was this relief pitcher that kept walking in all these hitters and herzog just left him in there and did not take him out as though he was trying to lose it on purpuse or something.who knows,maybe he was.

Last edited:
I remember when Ruth was sold to the Yankees to help pay off the owner's business debts.

Well, I don't personally remember it...

for years,I really did believe in jinxes and the sox would never again win a world series.They werent jinked all those years,they just sucked for 86 years is all.hee hee.

for years,I really did believe in jinxes and the sox would never again win a world series.They werent jinked all those years,they just sucked for 86 years is all.hee hee.

Billy Buckner would disagree

Do you think the other Chicago team is junked? The Cubs haven't won a World Series in 104 years. 69 years since they were even in a Series, they lost of course.

Do you think the other Chicago team is junked? The Cubs haven't won a World Series in 104 years. 69 years since they were even in a Series, they lost of course.

The Cubs lose because they suck. Nobody picks them to win and they don't. The Red Socks had some pretty good teams. Made it to four World Series that they took to game sevens. Lost every one

Cubs have not made a Series since the forties using wartime replacement players

1. Bullpen Golf Carts
3. ABA Basketballs
4. 6 NFL Preseason games
5. NFL Halftime Shows
6. White tennis balls

You didn't enjoy seeing Miss Jackson boob fall out?

Superbowl halftime shows are a different animal. Stones, Springsteen, McCartny, The Who...

The halftime shows I am talking about are the ones they used to show at regular season games (now they cut back to network central for highlights). I'm talking about the Edgewood High School Marching Band, Up with People, The King Family singers

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CuCquVaMK0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CuCquVaMK0[/ame]

Last edited:
1. Bullpen Golf Carts
3. ABA Basketballs
4. 6 NFL Preseason games
5. NFL Halftime Shows
6. White tennis balls

You didn't enjoy seeing Miss Jackson boob fall out?

Superbowl halftime shows are a different animal. Stones, Springsteen, McCartny, The Who...

The halftime shows I am talking about are the ones they used to show at regular season games (now they cut back to network central for highlights). I'm talking about the Edgewood High School Marching Band, Up with People, The King Family singers

I don't remember NFL halftime shows to be honest. But I wouldn't miss seeing those shows. I enjoy the commercials more than the halftime show.

The Cubs lose because they suck. Nobody picks them to win and they don't. The Red Socks had some pretty good teams. Made it to four World Series that they took to game sevens. Lost every one

Cubs have not made a Series since the forties using wartime replacement players

true enough.the sox they had some really good teams and took it to the 7th game all the time.they were just the victems of bad luck is all it turns out. where the Cubs?

Now THEM I am convinced beyond a doubt are jinxked,that there really has been a hex put on them because i mean come on,its been over a century.:lol: seems like they would have broke the curse by now like the sox did if they werent.

So PredFan, if you are opposed to overseas exhibition games, what do you think of the Steelers playing in London this week? REAL game, not exhibition.

Pretty cool, huh?

Dont miss 6 preseason games in the least. In fact I think they should shorten it to three.
I prefer the shorter half times we have now.
I miss football when you could actually hit someone without drawing a flag.
And the thing I miss the most? Being A ball boy for the Rockets and sitting on the bench with my old man.

Oh yeah....I hate those overseas games myself. Because there is noway it will ever work to have a team there. Total waste of time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back