Think Kobe would care if I was killed in a crash

I'm over it. It was a sad and tragic accident. He's gone now. Let it go.
Thats like telling people to get over 911 or slavery. You cant put a timeline on when someone should stop grieving. People grieve differently and for different lengths of time. Some people besides his family will never get over this tragedy.

Sure. I'm over it and done. I'm sure his wife and kids will never get over it. I've had my own grief in my life. You learn how to deal with it and accept it and try to move on with your life if you want to be normal.
Eventually you get over it or become an emotional cripple, but the fact remains some people wont ever get over it that dont know him personally. Did you know there are people in south america that still have to go to therapy over 911?

So? No shit. I've experienced my own losses in this life and who hasn't? What does this have to do with Kobe being a more valuable human being than, say, my child? That is why I said it was subjective. IMO, he is not more valuable than any member of my family, regardless of how much money he has donated to whatever causes. That's my opinion on the matter.
buzzkill
buzzkiller (ˈbʌzˌkɪlə)
/ (ˈbʌzˌkɪl) /
noun
slang someone or something that stops people from enjoying themselves

I'm really enjoying myself at this funeral. ROFL!

Yep, I agree

Great basketball player, yes. No different from anyone else dying though.

Sorry, but there is a huge difference between Kobe Bryant, his daughter, seven other passengers that died in that crash. Where does all the hate come from? Why?

Does denigrating a real hero, doing good for his sport and his community make you feel good?

Kobe and his wife were two really good people.

10 Times Kobe Bryant Was A Star Off Of The Court
BY TANYA A. CHRISTIAN · JANUARY 27, 2020
SPORTS LEGEND KOBE BRYANT WILL LIKELY BE BEST REMEMBERED FOR HIS SKILLS ON THE BASKETBALL COURT, BUT HIS PHILANTHROPIC EFFORTS DID NOT GO UNNOTICED.

###

Honor Kobe Bryant's legacy through the charities he supported
By: CNN
Posted: Jan 27, 2020 6:57 PM CST

Sorry kids I know reality is a terribly crushing to your egos but you're not important.

Goodness. Sports stars are sports stars. That doesn't make their lives more valuable or more important than anyone else's life. I don't think acknowledging that fact has anything to do with ego, just reality. It is most sad for his surviving family members. Everyone knows that he died, and people who are sad can express that, but enough with the news coverage.
The fact that they are stars is not what makes them valuable. What makes them valuable, and more valuable than the haters on this thread, is that they are able to help and inspire millions off the court in their personal lives. They hold camps and teach kids how to be successful at anything...not just basketball. Alot of them have paid for funerals for random people that couldnt afford it after some tragic death. Their willingness to reach out and help others without any fanfare is important to the Black community.
The Koch brothers do a lot for humanity but I remember liberals being rather happy when one of them died

He should not have died. Pilot error.

Apparently the helicopter had a fire. Maybe we should wait until the facts are in before throwing stones. Just sayin'.

The pilot got lost in the fog and flew right into a hillside! He sent out no distress call.

The fire was AFTER the crash.
So we can rule out trump sabotaging the copter?

the house impeachment managers will be sorry to hear that

Yep, I agree

Great basketball player, yes. No different from anyone else dying though.

Sorry, but there is a huge difference between Kobe Bryant, his daughter, seven other passengers that died in that crash. Where does all the hate come from? Why?

Does denigrating a real hero, doing good for his sport and his community make you feel good?

Kobe and his wife were two really good people.

BY TANYA A. CHRISTIAN · JANUARY 27, 2020
SPORTS LEGEND KOBE BRYANT WILL LIKELY BE BEST REMEMBERED FOR HIS SKILLS ON THE BASKETBALL COURT, BUT HIS PHILANTHROPIC EFFORTS DID NOT GO UNNOTICED.

###

By: CNN
Posted: Jan 27, 2020 6:57 PM CST

Sorry kids I know reality is a terribly crushing to your egos but you're not important.

Goodness. Sports stars are sports stars. That doesn't make their lives more valuable or more important than anyone else's life. I don't think acknowledging that fact has anything to do with ego, just reality. It is most sad for his surviving family members. Everyone knows that he died, and people who are sad can express that, but enough with the news coverage.
The fact that they are stars is not what makes them valuable. What makes them valuable, and more valuable than the haters on this thread, is that they are able to help and inspire millions off the court in their personal lives. They hold camps and teach kids how to be successful at anything...not just basketball. Alot of them have paid for funerals for random people that couldnt afford it after some tragic death. Their willingness to reach out and help others without any fanfare is important to the Black community.
The Koch brothers do a lot for humanity but I remember liberals being rather happy when one of them died

I guess any excuse will do for your racism.

Apparently the helicopter had a fire. Maybe we should wait until the facts are in before throwing stones. Just sayin'.

The pilot got lost in the fog and flew right into a hillside! He sent out no distress call.

The fire was AFTER the crash.
So we can rule out trump sabotaging the copter?

the house impeachment managers will be sorry to hear that

Smfh. Talk about a POS.

It's sad and tragic, but enough is enough with the news coverage.
I agree. It appears that the media is trying to make Kobe a saint, which of course he wasn't. NONE of us are. It reminds me a bit of when the media carried on and on about John McStain, and pretty much made HIM a saint. So yes, Kobe's passing WAS tragic, and he will be remembered as one of the most exciting players the NBA has ever seen. He just doesn't need to be canonized by the media like McStain certainly was.

I don't know who John McStain is (funny name though!). :D I agree. He was a great basketball player who died tragically. End of story. Let's move on to other happenings now.
John McStain is my nickname for John McCain.
Is that the guy republicans nominated to be president and told us this lady was the second coming of Reagan?? No wonder I ignore most of the bullshit republicans tell me...

220px-Sarah_Palin_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

Call me different I guess. I really don't relate to all this kobe fanfare. Think he would care if he read about me dying in a crash.
To listen people talk like he was their best friend, and yet, probably hardly knew the guy. Is kinda corny to me.

Just another millionaire that flew his helicopter to work everyday.
I would care. I`m always happy to see the world become a better place. Thanks for asking.

It has indeed been surprising how much media attention this has been getting. I heard one pundit comparing it to Princess Di's death.

Call me different I guess. I really don't relate to all this kobe fanfare. Think he would care if he read about me dying in a crash.
To listen people talk like he was their best friend, and yet, probably hardly knew the guy. Is kinda corny to me.

I would care. I`m always happy to see the world become a better place. Thanks for asking.
It aint. Welcome to reality

It has indeed been surprising how much media attention this has been getting. I heard one pundit comparing it to Princess Di's death.
Worse than that. I heard one comparing it to the death of Roberto Clemente who was killed performing a humanitarian mission using a dilapidated plane to deliver food to Nicaragua after an earthquake. That`s not quite the same as using a helicopter to avoid a 2 hour drive to a basketball game.
Clemente, Pirates' Star, Dies in Crash Of Plane Carrying Aid to Nicaragua

I remember when Mickey Mantle died......there were tons and tons of similar coverage -- filled with boomers opining about the greatness of Mickey and how sad it was..

I don't recall many people whining about it either -- or saying "why should we care?? He is just some guy who hit a ball" -- only complaint I heard from anyone was how they felt it wasn't fair for someone who was a chronic alcoholic and abused his liver for 40 years, how someone like that should be moved ahead of other people -- just because of him being a famous athlete....
Is that what you remember? Ahhh....the endless comparison game. The Mick pretty much was a drunkard. Today we have endless ways of seeing people through life and death. The Mick died and did not get an endless send off. And I who at that time had baseball as my favorite sport, did not get into crying mode. Today's era is what it is. Kobe had a good life. From birth to death he was privileged. At his death he seemed to be better a man then in his earlier years. May he rest in peace with the other victims and their families have closure.
Oh...its the old "If I didn't do it nobody did" deflection....

Mickey Mantle got hours of coverage beginning from him needing a organ transplant -- to him instantly getting a transplant to him dying..and it got wall to wall coverage -- but this was before the days of TMZ -- and this is after the guy was done playing for decades....

But yo sissified ass is whining over media coverage about a guy who died just a couple of years after his retirement -- and died not by drinking himself to death -- but from a helicopter crash that included children -- among which was his own daughter -- and you think since your miserable narcissistic ass don't care about it -- no one else should either -- if you don't like, turn yo TV OFF and shut the fuk up....

All i ask is that Cable TV companies are forced to promote deals with ala carte channels. So we all have a choice. There are many sissies, *****, faggots, in this nation. Some just waiting to burst out into the scene when the goodies are not there for them.

Was that your gay tirade.

The men who play sports in this modern age are so rich it is sickening. And the people willing to pay the extreme rates to watch them play are not getting value

So you are mad that you are not athletic enough to play professional sports, tough shit. Work harder on the garbage route and eventually it will pay off.

. Yeah...give the people the choice to cut cable channels they do not want and let them save money. Just on sports I look at ESPN, FOX, and CBS as a savings of 8 plus 4 plus 4 equals 16 dollars a month just there. Make them premium channels for you macho azzes to pay and that becomes 25 plus 10 plus 10 equals 45 dollars a month or so. See the difference?

Get you a fire stick.

He lived a good life. Not from the inner city of Philly. He lived in the rich suburban main line of that city and other parts of the world. He was not cheated as so many others are.

So since he didn't grow up in the "Hood" that makes him less of a black man. What are other black folks cheated of?

Our priorities are so out of whack with the globalist strategy of building sports people from admiration to heroes to gods. I see no difference watching sports from the 1970's and today except the prices are massively higher and the consumer subsidizes it and a lot of other things without a voice from our government who seems to be in league with the cable companies and businesses associated with them.

Maybe it's just me who in the hell has called this young man a "GOD".

TV people are not what we see on the screen

Neither are many of the dumbasses on this forum.

. Many of them are frauds and callous. We see the political ones every day. And they were the ones we watched when younger and they were more neutral and did not show their true colors. And oh yeah...RIP Kobe and the others who died in that tragic accident.

Wow that had to be one of the dumbest post I have read on this forum.
Your stuck in the civil rights era. There are many players who demand not to be called role models. Many players are not. I see and have experienced nothing to show in inner city neighborhoods where that theory is working. There will never, ever be any more improvements through the government side unless the government becomes extremely authoritarian and forces people to behave better. As it is now more and more tax money is needed to keep people from rioting. To you, being a nerd is a white thing. And we can't have that in black communities. The movies though, they show us the black scientist or computer genius that is rare in real life because of azzes like you who know how things should be on someone elses dime. There are tens of millions of people who have taken crap from others. You are not the only ones. And some of you have shoved crap to others also. Don't worry. The system will implode at some point and another one will arise.

I remember when Mickey Mantle died......there were tons and tons of similar coverage -- filled with boomers opining about the greatness of Mickey and how sad it was..

I don't recall many people whining about it either -- or saying "why should we care?? He is just some guy who hit a ball" -- only complaint I heard from anyone was how they felt it wasn't fair for someone who was a chronic alcoholic and abused his liver for 40 years, how someone like that should be moved ahead of other people -- just because of him being a famous athlete....
Is that what you remember? Ahhh....the endless comparison game. The Mick pretty much was a drunkard. Today we have endless ways of seeing people through life and death. The Mick died and did not get an endless send off. And I who at that time had baseball as my favorite sport, did not get into crying mode. Today's era is what it is. Kobe had a good life. From birth to death he was privileged. At his death he seemed to be better a man then in his earlier years. May he rest in peace with the other victims and their families have closure.

Mickey Mantle got hours of coverage beginning from him needing a organ transplant -- to him instantly getting a transplant to him dying..and it got wall to wall coverage -- but this was before the days of TMZ -- and this is after the guy was done playing for decades....

But yo sissified ass is whining over media coverage about a guy who died just a couple of years after his retirement -- and died not by drinking himself to death -- but from a helicopter crash that included children -- among which was his own daughter -- and you think since your miserable narcissistic ass don't care about it -- no one else should either -- if you don't like, turn yo TV OFF and shut the fuk up....

All i ask is that Cable TV companies are forced to promote deals with ala carte channels. So we all have a choice. There are many sissies, *****, faggots, in this nation. Some just waiting to burst out into the scene when the goodies are not there for them.

The men who play sports in this modern age are so rich it is sickening. And the people willing to pay the extreme rates to watch them play are not getting value

So you are mad that you are not athletic enough to play professional sports, tough shit. Work harder on the garbage route and eventually it will pay off.

. Yeah...give the people the choice to cut cable channels they do not want and let them save money. Just on sports I look at ESPN, FOX, and CBS as a savings of 8 plus 4 plus 4 equals 16 dollars a month just there. Make them premium channels for you macho azzes to pay and that becomes 25 plus 10 plus 10 equals 45 dollars a month or so. See the difference?

Get you a fire stick.

He lived a good life. Not from the inner city of Philly. He lived in the rich suburban main line of that city and other parts of the world. He was not cheated as so many others are.

So since he didn't grow up in the "Hood" that makes him less of a black man. What are other black folks cheated of?

Our priorities are so out of whack with the globalist strategy of building sports people from admiration to heroes to gods. I see no difference watching sports from the 1970's and today except the prices are massively higher and the consumer subsidizes it and a lot of other things without a voice from our government who seems to be in league with the cable companies and businesses associated with them.

. Many of them are frauds and callous. We see the political ones every day. And they were the ones we watched when younger and they were more neutral and did not show their true colors. And oh yeah...RIP Kobe and the others who died in that tragic accident.

Your stuck in the civil rights era. There are many players who demand not to be called role models. Many players are not. I see and have experienced nothing to show in inner city neighborhoods where that theory is working. There will never, ever be any more improvements through the government side unless the government becomes extremely authoritarian and forces people to behave better. As it is now more and more tax money is needed to keep people from rioting. To you, being a nerd is a white thing. And we can't have that in black communities. The movies though, they show us the black scientist or computer genius that is rare in real life because of azzes like you who know how things should be on someone elses dime. There are tens of millions of people who have taken crap from others. You are not the only ones. And some of you have shoved crap to others also. Don't worry. The system will implode at some point and another one will arise.
^^ Triggered ^^
9a (102).jpg

Worse than that. I heard one comparing it to the death of Roberto Clemente who was killed performing a humanitarian mission using a dilapidated plane to deliver food to Nicaragua after an earthquake. That`s not quite the same as using a helicopter to avoid a 2 hour drive to a basketball game.
Clemente, Pirates' Star, Dies in Crash Of Plane Carrying Aid to Nicaragua
Not even close.....

Get you a fire stick.

^^ Triggered ^^
View attachment 303168
Today there will be some people killed by triggers in the inner cities....some people laugh at that.

Hey, if Tom Brady died, I would be pretty sad, but not THAT sad. I don't know him, and other than watching him on TV, he plays no part in my life or my level of happiness. Not like losing a member of my family at all.
Shows how much Kobe was loved

Brady is the GOAT but is not particularly loved by fans outside of NE or other NFL players.

Sorry but I do not see Kobe as a hero. He put sports in front of the safety of his daughter and friends by agreeing to fly under these conditions. I am sad and angry at the same time.

Not what I read. He flew through dense fog and crashed into terrain.
Kobe Bryant helicopter crash: All 9 bodies recovered from wreckage, investigators say

Which is why I suggest waiting for the facts to come out. The first reports said there were five on board.

What tragedy in the news can you remember where all the facts that came out the day of the incident remained the same two days or weeks later.
These facts are from air traffic control. He flew into very dense fog and crashed into terrain. Air traffic control gave the pilot special permission to fly in less than acceptable vfr conditions. I used to fly and own a Cessna 172 so I know what I am talking about. The pilots responsibility when they have no visibility is to do a 180 and fly back into good visibility.

Forum List

Back