Think Kobe would care if I was killed in a crash

Call me different I guess. I really don't relate to all this kobe fanfare. Think he would care if he read about me dying in a crash.
To listen people talk like he was their best friend, and yet, probably hardly knew the guy. Is kinda corny to me.

Just another millionaire that flew his helicopter to work everyday.
Fucking buzzkilling prick. You.

I would think "buzz kill" would be totally the wrong choice of words, considering you are talking about the death of a person. Unless you get buzzed from death.
Don't get me wrong. The OP is crying about himself.

Of course its my opinion. What he stood for as a father and competitor was valuable for me. Looks like millions of other people thought he was valuable too.

Okay. There you go. That is fine. You think he was more valuable than most other people, and I don't have an issue with that. Others may not feel that way and some people (who don't watch basketball) have probably never heard of him. I think it's a tragedy what happened, but I am not all that broken up about it and am sick of the news coverage about it. You cannot make other people place the same value on him that you do. It's just not going to happen. Some people might even view him the same way you said you view the royal family.
Not sure where you got the idea I was trying to force anyone to feel a certain way. We were talking about value. Unless you define value differently then you're wrong. He is more valuable than you or me. He touched and inspired more people than both of us combined could do.

Okay, you assign his life more valuable than ??? I don't know who, but I don't feel the same. I didn't know him, he never touched my life, and I don't like basketball. Those big giants falling on the floor crying foul because someone nudged them? Yuck. Not a good sport, IMO. I prefer football or baseball or couples ice dancing or gymnastics.

None of that changes his value to the human race though. Not everyone has equal value to the human race. There are only a few people that touch millions in a positive manner. Most of us barely touch our families.

To those people, he might be a hero. To others, not so much apparently. I'm not going to judge him on the alleged rape because there is no proof either way. Just because a woman is slutty, doesn't mean she can't get raped, and just because a woman accuses a man of rape, doesn't mean he actually did it. So the rape accusation remains an accusation in my view.

Yak yak yak

Okay. There you go. That is fine. You think he was more valuable than most other people, and I don't have an issue with that. Others may not feel that way and some people (who don't watch basketball) have probably never heard of him. I think it's a tragedy what happened, but I am not all that broken up about it and am sick of the news coverage about it. You cannot make other people place the same value on him that you do. It's just not going to happen. Some people might even view him the same way you said you view the royal family.
Not sure where you got the idea I was trying to force anyone to feel a certain way. We were talking about value. Unless you define value differently then you're wrong. He is more valuable than you or me. He touched and inspired more people than both of us combined could do.

Okay, you assign his life more valuable than ??? I don't know who, but I don't feel the same. I didn't know him, he never touched my life, and I don't like basketball. Those big giants falling on the floor crying foul because someone nudged them? Yuck. Not a good sport, IMO. I prefer football or baseball or couples ice dancing or gymnastics.

None of that changes his value to the human race though. Not everyone has equal value to the human race. There are only a few people that touch millions in a positive manner. Most of us barely touch our families.

To those people, he might be a hero. To others, not so much apparently. I'm not going to judge him on the alleged rape because there is no proof either way. Just because a woman is slutty, doesn't mean she can't get raped, and just because a woman accuses a man of rape, doesn't mean he actually did it. So the rape accusation remains an accusation in my view.

Yak yak yak

We are having a discussion. Do you mind not being a rude arse?

Yak yak yak

Yes, I would. And by the way, you replied to me.

Yak yak yak

Because you said "buzz kill." I don't think that means what you think it means, and you are not in the middle of a discussion with another person. He was yacking (yacking - not yaking) as much as I was, so make like a tree and leave now. :D

Yak yak yak

Because you said "buzz kill." I don't think that means what you think it means, and you are not in the middle of a discussion with another person. He was yacking (yacking - not yaking) as much as I was, so make like a tree and leave now. :D
Sorry whiner. Nope.

Yak yak yak

Sorry whiner. Nope.

Who's whining? Are your feelings hurt about something? Now now, everyone is not as sad about Kobe as you. Deal with it.

Sorry, but there is a huge difference between Kobe Bryant, his daughter, seven other passengers that died in that crash. Where does all the hate come from? Why?

Does denigrating a real hero, doing good for his sport and his community make you feel good?

Kobe and his wife were two really good people.

10 Times Kobe Bryant Was A Star Off Of The Court
BY TANYA A. CHRISTIAN · JANUARY 27, 2020
SPORTS LEGEND KOBE BRYANT WILL LIKELY BE BEST REMEMBERED FOR HIS SKILLS ON THE BASKETBALL COURT, BUT HIS PHILANTHROPIC EFFORTS DID NOT GO UNNOTICED.

10 Times Kobe Bryant Was A Star Off Of The Court

###

Honor Kobe Bryant's legacy through the charities he supported
By: CNN
Posted: Jan 27, 2020 6:57 PM CST

Honor Kobe Bryant's legacy through the charities he supported

Sorry kids I know reality is a terribly crushing to your egos but you're not important.

Goodness. Sports stars are sports stars. That doesn't make their lives more valuable or more important than anyone else's life. I don't think acknowledging that fact has anything to do with ego, just reality. It is most sad for his surviving family members. Everyone knows that he died, and people who are sad can express that, but enough with the news coverage.
The fact that they are stars is not what makes them valuable. What makes them valuable, and more valuable than the haters on this thread, is that they are able to help and inspire millions off the court in their personal lives. They hold camps and teach kids how to be successful at anything...not just basketball. Alot of them have paid for funerals for random people that couldnt afford it after some tragic death. Their willingness to reach out and help others without any fanfare is important to the Black community.

I hope you aren't referring to me as being a "hater." I have said nothing hateful about the man. I just think that enough is enough with the news coverage. Same with all celebrities/athletes who die (or most). I felt the same way when Lady Diana died. It was sad and quite shocking, but the news coverage was a bit ridiculous. They can report to us when some new information comes out.
No I wasnt referring to you. People need an outlet to grieve. I had no clue who Lady Diana was but I understood the need for people to grieve if she had an effect on their lives.

You don't know who Lady Diana is? :eek-52: Elton John dedicated "Candle in the Wind" to her!
Wasn't Candle in the Wind about Marilyn Monroe? Elton did have some macabre interest in dead blondes.

Goodness. Sports stars are sports stars. That doesn't make their lives more valuable or more important than anyone else's life. I don't think acknowledging that fact has anything to do with ego, just reality. It is most sad for his surviving family members. Everyone knows that he died, and people who are sad can express that, but enough with the news coverage.
The fact that they are stars is not what makes them valuable. What makes them valuable, and more valuable than the haters on this thread, is that they are able to help and inspire millions off the court in their personal lives. They hold camps and teach kids how to be successful at anything...not just basketball. Alot of them have paid for funerals for random people that couldnt afford it after some tragic death. Their willingness to reach out and help others without any fanfare is important to the Black community.

I hope you aren't referring to me as being a "hater." I have said nothing hateful about the man. I just think that enough is enough with the news coverage. Same with all celebrities/athletes who die (or most). I felt the same way when Lady Diana died. It was sad and quite shocking, but the news coverage was a bit ridiculous. They can report to us when some new information comes out.
No I wasnt referring to you. People need an outlet to grieve. I had no clue who Lady Diana was but I understood the need for people to grieve if she had an effect on their lives.

You don't know who Lady Diana is? :eek-52: Elton John dedicated "Candle in the Wind" to her!
Wasn't Candle in the Wind about Marilyn Monroe? Elton did have some macabre interest in dead blondes.

It was, but he rededicated it to Diana after her death.

I don't know about his interests, except that he likes dudes. :D

I'm over it. It was a sad and tragic accident. He's gone now. Let it go.
Thats like telling people to get over 911 or slavery. You cant put a timeline on when someone should stop grieving. People grieve differently and for different lengths of time. Some people besides his family will never get over this tragedy.

Yak yak yak

Sorry whiner. Nope.

Who's whining? Are your feelings hurt about something? Now now, everyone is not as sad about Kobe as you. Deal with it.
You don't have a clue there whiny one.

Sorry whiner. Nope.

About how sad you are? Don't care.

I love the white knighting though. :D Too funny.

Thats like telling people to get over 911 or slavery. You cant put a timeline on when someone should stop grieving. People grieve differently and for different lengths of time. Some people besides his family will never get over this tragedy.

Sure. I'm over it and done. I'm sure his wife and kids will never get over it. I've had my own grief in my life. You learn how to deal with it and accept it and try to move on with your life if you want to be normal.

Sorry whiner. Nope.

Just like the OP...Oh, it's not about me.

Get it yet?

Sure. I'm over it and done. I'm sure his wife and kids will never get over it. I've had my own grief in my life. You learn how to deal with it and accept it and try to move on with your life if you want to be normal.
Eventually you get over it or become an emotional cripple, but the fact remains some people wont ever get over it that dont know him personally. Did you know there are people in south america that still have to go to therapy over 911?

Eventually you get over it or become an emotional cripple, but the fact remains some people wont ever get over it that dont know him personally. Did you know there are people in south america that still have to go to therapy over 911?

So? No shit. I've experienced my own losses in this life and who hasn't? What does this have to do with Kobe being a more valuable human being than, say, my child? That is why I said it was subjective. IMO, he is not more valuable than any member of my family, regardless of how much money he has donated to whatever causes. That's my opinion on the matter.

Sorry whiner. Nope.

Just like the OP...Oh, it's not about me.

Get it yet?

No. I don't know why you would care what the OP thinks or says. He is entitled to his opinions. I couldn't care less. I don't know him either.

So? No shit. I've experienced my own losses in this life and who hasn't? What does this have to do with Kobe being a more valuable human being than, say, my child? That is why I said it was subjective. IMO, he is not more valuable than any member of my family, regardless of how much money he has donated to whatever causes. That's my opinion on the matter.
buzzkill
buzzkiller (ˈbʌzˌkɪlə)
/ (ˈbʌzˌkɪl) /
noun
slang someone or something that stops people from enjoying themselves

buzzkill
buzzkiller (ˈbʌzˌkɪlə)
/ (ˈbʌzˌkɪl) /
noun
slang someone or something that stops people from enjoying themselves

So you are enjoying yourself? That's pretty sick, dude.

Forum List

Back