Think Kobe would care if I was killed in a crash

Yep, I agree

Great basketball player, yes. No different from anyone else dying though.

Sorry, but there is a huge difference between Kobe Bryant, his daughter, seven other passengers that died in that crash. Where does all the hate come from? Why?

Does denigrating a real hero, doing good for his sport and his community make you feel good?

Kobe and his wife were two really good people.

10 Times Kobe Bryant Was A Star Off Of The Court
BY TANYA A. CHRISTIAN · JANUARY 27, 2020
SPORTS LEGEND KOBE BRYANT WILL LIKELY BE BEST REMEMBERED FOR HIS SKILLS ON THE BASKETBALL COURT, BUT HIS PHILANTHROPIC EFFORTS DID NOT GO UNNOTICED.

###

Honor Kobe Bryant's legacy through the charities he supported
By: CNN
Posted: Jan 27, 2020 6:57 PM CST

Sorry kids I know reality is a terribly crushing to your egos but you're not important.

Goodness. Sports stars are sports stars. That doesn't make their lives more valuable or more important than anyone else's life. I don't think acknowledging that fact has anything to do with ego, just reality. It is most sad for his surviving family members. Everyone knows that he died, and people who are sad can express that, but enough with the news coverage.
The fact that they are stars is not what makes them valuable. What makes them valuable, and more valuable than the haters on this thread, is that they are able to help and inspire millions off the court in their personal lives. They hold camps and teach kids how to be successful at anything...not just basketball. Alot of them have paid for funerals for random people that couldnt afford it after some tragic death. Their willingness to reach out and help others without any fanfare is important to the Black community.

So do a lot of other people who are not sports stars. :dunno: Sports stars just happen to have a lot more money to work with.
Having more money and visibility to touch more people would make you more valuable. I know a billionaire that pays the college tuition for all his employees children. He is valuable but not many people know him. What makes Kobe more valuable than him is his ability to inspire more people without even knowing them.

Yep, I agree

Sorry, but there is a huge difference between Kobe Bryant, his daughter, seven other passengers that died in that crash. Where does all the hate come from? Why?

Does denigrating a real hero, doing good for his sport and his community make you feel good?

SPORTS LEGEND KOBE BRYANT WILL LIKELY BE BEST REMEMBERED FOR HIS SKILLS ON THE BASKETBALL COURT, BUT HIS PHILANTHROPIC EFFORTS DID NOT GO UNNOTICED.

###

Sorry kids I know reality is a terribly crushing to your egos but you're not important.

Goodness. Sports stars are sports stars. That doesn't make their lives more valuable or more important than anyone else's life. I don't think acknowledging that fact has anything to do with ego, just reality. It is most sad for his surviving family members. Everyone knows that he died, and people who are sad can express that, but enough with the news coverage.
The fact that they are stars is not what makes them valuable. What makes them valuable, and more valuable than the haters on this thread, is that they are able to help and inspire millions off the court in their personal lives. They hold camps and teach kids how to be successful at anything...not just basketball. Alot of them have paid for funerals for random people that couldnt afford it after some tragic death. Their willingness to reach out and help others without any fanfare is important to the Black community.

I hope you aren't referring to me as being a "hater." I have said nothing hateful about the man. I just think that enough is enough with the news coverage. Same with all celebrities/athletes who die (or most). I felt the same way when Lady Diana died. It was sad and quite shocking, but the news coverage was a bit ridiculous. They can report to us when some new information comes out.
No I wasnt referring to you. People need an outlet to grieve. I had no clue who Lady Diana was but I understood the need for people to grieve if she had an effect on their lives.

Yep, I agree

###

So do a lot of other people who are not sports stars. :dunno: Sports stars just happen to have a lot more money to work with.
Having more money and visibility to touch more people would make you more valuable. I know a billionaire that pays the college tuition for all his employees children. He is valuable but not many people know him. What makes Kobe more valuable than him is his ability to inspire more people without even knowing them.

That is your subjective opinion. I find my child and my family to be MUCH more valuable.

Yep, I agree

###

Bull shit.

The legacy of the Kobe Bryant rape case

On June 30, 2003, Kobe Bryant arrived at the Cordillera Lodge and Spa in Edwards, Colorado. After a frustrating season that saw the Los Angeles Lakers fail to win a fourth straight championship, Bryant was in town for an operation on his knee.

A 19-year-old concierge at the hotel showed the superstar and his security team to their rooms, and caught his eye. Bryant, a new father of a six-month-old daughter, made small talk with the blonde, and once they arrived at his room, he took her aside and requested that she come back later to give him a private tour of the hotel. She obliged, and after the tour and mild flirtations, Bryant invited her into his hotel room.

Just five minutes later, the woman exited the room, disheveled and reportedly distraught. Her underwear was bloody, as was Bryant’s shirt.

In the end he was just another entitled elite of the weinstine type who died in a helicopter crash. Fuck'em.

Yep, I agree

###

I hope you aren't referring to me as being a "hater." I have said nothing hateful about the man. I just think that enough is enough with the news coverage. Same with all celebrities/athletes who die (or most). I felt the same way when Lady Diana died. It was sad and quite shocking, but the news coverage was a bit ridiculous. They can report to us when some new information comes out.
No I wasnt referring to you. People need an outlet to grieve. I had no clue who Lady Diana was but I understood the need for people to grieve if she had an effect on their lives.

You don't know who Lady Diana is? :eek-52: Elton John dedicated "Candle in the Wind" to her!

###

That is your subjective opinion. I find my child and my family to be MUCH more valuable.
Its not subjective. Its a known fact that the more people you can touch and improve their lives in someway makes you more valuable. It is what it is. If it was subjective you wouldnt have the coverage this is getting. Some people die that are famous and no gives a flying fuck. Thats because they didnt touch many in a positive fashion..

###

You don't know who Lady Diana is? :eek-52: Elton John dedicated "Candle in the Wind" to her!
Not until she died and the news coverage. Didnt listen to much Elton John music. We live in entirely different worlds.

Its not subjective. Its a known fact that the more people you can touch and improve their lives in someway makes you more valuable. It is what it is. If it was subjective you wouldnt have the coverage this is getting. Some people die that are famous and no gives a flying fuck. Thats because they didnt touch many in a positive fashion..

Nope, sorry, you are assigning the value and that is only your opinion. Like I said, some unknown people help a lot more and are never recognized for it. Those are the true heroes.

Yep, I agree

###

Bull shit.

The legacy of the Kobe Bryant rape case

On June 30, 2003, Kobe Bryant arrived at the Cordillera Lodge and Spa in Edwards, Colorado. After a frustrating season that saw the Los Angeles Lakers fail to win a fourth straight championship, Bryant was in town for an operation on his knee.

A 19-year-old concierge at the hotel showed the superstar and his security team to their rooms, and caught his eye. Bryant, a new father of a six-month-old daughter, made small talk with the blonde, and once they arrived at his room, he took her aside and requested that she come back later to give him a private tour of the hotel. She obliged, and after the tour and mild flirtations, Bryant invited her into his hotel room.

Just five minutes later, the woman exited the room, disheveled and reportedly distraught. Her underwear was bloody, as was Bryant’s shirt.

In the end he was just another entitled elite of the weinstine type who died in a helicopter crash. Fuck'em.
You forgot to mention she had the sperm of two other guys in her panties. If you want me to believe she was some innocent little white girl youre barking up the wrong tree. I played ball and white groupies are the most aggressive.

Not until she died and the news coverage. Didnt listen to much Elton John music. We live in entirely different worlds.

It was PART of the news coverage. The royal family is in the news ALL the time, and before her death, she and the Prince were going through a huge messy divorce. It was all over the news, even before her death.

Nope, sorry, you are assigning the value and that is only your opinion. Like I said, some unknown people help a lot more and are never recognized for it. Those are the true heroes.
Sorry. The proof is the reality of the news coverage and the amount of grown men openly crying on TV. Its really not even a debate you can win.

It was PART of the news coverage. The royal family is in news ALL the time, and before her death, she and the Prince were going through a huge messy divorce. It was all over the news, even before her death.

I tend to tune out when the news starts talking about the thieving royal family in Britain. Its just like when I hear Drumpfs voice on the news. I simply tune out.

Sorry. The proof is the reality of the news coverage and the amount of grown men openly crying on TV. Its really not even a debate you can win.

Only because he was a sports star and on television. I grieve a lot more when I hear of a child who died or was murdered. Children are more valuable to me than athletes.

Call me different I guess. I really don't relate to all this kobe fanfare. Think he would care if he read about me dying in a crash.
To listen people talk like he was their best friend, and yet, probably hardly knew the guy. Is kinda corny to me.

Just another millionaire that flew his helicopter to work everyday.
I'm sorry he died in a fiery crash.

I'd be sorry for anyone I heard died in a fiery crash.

I'm not extra sorry because he was famous.

It was PART of the news coverage. The royal family is in news ALL the time, and before her death, she and the Prince were going through a huge messy divorce. It was all over the news, even before her death.

I tend to tune out when the news starts talking about the thieving royal family in Britain. Its just like when I hear Drumpfs voice on the news. I simply tune out.

I don't like the royals either, but they are in the news constantly. They also have a lot of money and donate a lot of money and time. I guess that makes THEM very valuable too, in your opinion.

Only because he was a sports star and on television. I grieve a lot more when I hear of a child who died or was murdered. Children are more valuable to me than athletes.
Children are more valuable simply because of their untapped potential. Thats what makes it more horrific. For adults its how many people they touch positively. You think Drumpf would get the same kind of outpouring even though he has been on TV?

I don't like the royals either, but they are in the news constantly. They also have a lot of money and donate a lot of money and time. I guess that makes THEM very valuable too, in your opinion.
Pretty sure they are valuable to lots of people. That doesnt change the fact that they are not something I am interested in.

Pretty sure they are valuable to lots of people. That doesnt change the fact that they are not something I am interested in.

Right, and your feelings about Kobe are your own and not everyone shares them either.

Call me different I guess. I really don't relate to all this kobe fanfare. Think he would care if he read about me dying in a crash.
To listen people talk like he was their best friend, and yet, probably hardly knew the guy. Is kinda corny to me.

Just another millionaire that flew his helicopter to work everyday.
I'm sorry he died in a fiery crash.

I'd be sorry for anyone I heard died in a fiery crash.

I'm not extra sorry because he was famous.
I didnt even like Kobe as a player. I was more impressed with his charity, growth, and his outstanding dedication to his kids.

Forum List

Back