Think Kobe would care if I was killed in a crash

Yep, I agree

Great basketball player, yes. No different from anyone else dying though.

Sorry, but there is a huge difference between Kobe Bryant, his daughter, seven other passengers that died in that crash. Where does all the hate come from? Why?

Does denigrating a real hero, doing good for his sport and his community make you feel good?

Kobe and his wife were two really good people.

10 Times Kobe Bryant Was A Star Off Of The Court
BY TANYA A. CHRISTIAN · JANUARY 27, 2020
SPORTS LEGEND KOBE BRYANT WILL LIKELY BE BEST REMEMBERED FOR HIS SKILLS ON THE BASKETBALL COURT, BUT HIS PHILANTHROPIC EFFORTS DID NOT GO UNNOTICED.

###

Honor Kobe Bryant's legacy through the charities he supported
By: CNN
Posted: Jan 27, 2020 6:57 PM CST

Sorry kids I know reality is a terribly crushing to your egos but you're not important.

Yep, I agree

I've drifted away from being a "fan" of most sports specifically due to the insane spiral of money these guys have pushed for, which has led to a matching spiral in costs to see a game live.

They don't care about the fans one bit, IMO. I have no idea why the fans care about them.

Because they are fun.

Yeah they're entertainers, so they're fun, although, to me, that doesn't create any emotional attachment.

If it does for others, and obviously it does, that's fine, it's just not something that effects me that way.

Yep, I agree

Sorry, but there is a huge difference between Kobe Bryant, his daughter, seven other passengers that died in that crash. Where does all the hate come from? Why?

Does denigrating a real hero, doing good for his sport and his community make you feel good?

SPORTS LEGEND KOBE BRYANT WILL LIKELY BE BEST REMEMBERED FOR HIS SKILLS ON THE BASKETBALL COURT, BUT HIS PHILANTHROPIC EFFORTS DID NOT GO UNNOTICED.

###

Sorry kids I know reality is a terribly crushing to your egos but you're not important.

Where did you see hate in that? Nor did I denigrate him in any way.

good grief.

Yep, I agree

###

Goodness. Sports stars are sports stars. That doesn't make their lives more valuable or more important than anyone else's life. I don't think acknowledging that fact has anything to do with ego, just reality. It is most sad for his surviving family members. Everyone knows that he died, and people who are sad can express that, but enough with the news coverage.

The best player I’ve ever seen was Jordan. Then LeBron. Then Kobe. I have a lot of love for basketball, so hearing of his passing sucked. It wasn’t like losing a family member or a friend, but I was grateful to him for entertaining me and inspiring me. This is one of the best individuals highlights I’ve ever seen.

Hey, if Tom Brady died, I would be pretty sad, but not THAT sad. I don't know him, and other than watching him on TV, he plays no part in my life or my level of happiness. Not like losing a member of my family at all.

He should not have died. Pilot error.

Apparently the helicopter had a fire. Maybe we should wait until the facts are in before throwing stones. Just sayin'.
Not what I read. He flew through dense fog and crashed into terrain.
Kobe Bryant helicopter crash: All 9 bodies recovered from wreckage, investigators say

Which is why I suggest waiting for the facts to come out. The first reports said there were five on board.

What tragedy in the news can you remember where all the facts that came out the day of the incident remained the same two days or weeks later.

Call me different I guess. I really don't relate to all this kobe fanfare. Think he would care if he read about me dying in a crash.
To listen people talk like he was their best friend, and yet, probably hardly knew the guy. Is kinda corny to me.

Just another millionaire that flew his helicopter to work everyday.
Who are you and why would anyone care if you died? What have you done to effect and inspire people globally?

I do not care for sports. I was never a Kobe fan. I did live in Los Angeles and know for a fact that Kobe Bryant was worshipped among the people. Parents named children after him. He was thought of as a member of the family in many Los Angeles homes. They went into hock to see him play. His kindness and generosity touched every black family personally. He called himself the Black Mamba. There are Mamba supported charities everywhere. He was on his way to a Mamba arena when his helicopter crashed.

He raped no one. The girl tried for a payday but told so many different stories that she had to withdraw her complaint.
He as much as admitted it -- in writing
He only admitted they had consensual sex. Which is entirely believable since she had sperm from two other random guys in her panties when they examined them for evidence.

I don't remember Kobe making any public statement when the US Servicemen were killed in the crash last week. Or even when the firefighters were killed in the crash in Australia.

Piss on him. He ain't important. Jumping high and shooting baskets ain't important.
But he entertained people without his skill (playing with his balls)

He didn't entertain that chick when he raped her, did he?
When was he ever convicted of raping anyone?

Im not into basketball and it took me a moment to realize who he was when my wife told me he died in a helicopter accident. I put this into the same category as Dale Earnhardt's death, it effects fans and just people that recognize the name.
In that case, mourn who you want to mourn and let others do the same
I see you're really taking the death of this guy you don't know, and the rest who died that you've never mentioned, really hard. Hope you can get thru the day
Don’t be so damn judgmental.
I'm mostly "judging" those who pretend his death has so much significance while ignoring without a single mention of all the rest who died.

Who has mentioned the couple and their daughter who died? Did this couple have other kids, now orphans? Some people need to o get their priorities straight

Stop whining. The only other person that was even close to Kobes influence and effect was his daughter. Pretty sure the people that also died had family they effected. They just didnt mean much to people that didnt know them. Its pretty hard to feel anything for someone you have no clue existed.

You are exhibiting definite hero worship symptoms

If anyone is being racist its you

Sports figures aren't heroes. They are entertainers. Many of them are assholes. Kobe was one of the assholes. Racist, rapist and American hating.

Sorry Flush, folks all over this country disagree with you and yes he probably was a hero to the many people who helped and touched their lives.
It is amazing the admiration Kobe receives from fellow NBA players

From what I heard people would reach out to Kobe for advice and help in their lives and he would respond and help. Many young NBA players reached out to him to help themselves to become better players and people.

Kobe also transitioned from the NBA to his new career very easily.

I never liked Kobe because he played for the Lakers and I hate the Lakers, however if he had ever put on a Portland uniform, I would have liked him.

Kobe made mistakes in his life but he also worked on his shortcomings. At the end he was a good father that was raising his children to set goals and achieve, for them he was a hero, for us, he wasn't a hero, however he was a person that tried to leave this world a better place and I think he achieved that for many that knew him.

Advising other entertainers how to entertain better isn't really doing anything to make the world better.

His racism, alleged rape and his Libtard political leanings negated anything worthwhile he ever did.
Your opinion isnt really changing anyone elses opinion. The mourning goes on and countless people are talking about how he inspired them to use the "Mamba mentality" to better their lives, having nada to do with basketball.

When I see a story about someone getting killed, I care whether I know them or not. I have no idea whether Kobe was the same or not.
..I don't care ..why would you care..people die everyday..if Mr Trump died, would you care?

I did note "getting killed" as opposed to simply dying. Is it the same when someone lives a long life and dies as opposed to a tragedy?

Probably not.
he got killed and died!!!

I noted the difference. Surely you could understand what I said.
..it's not a tragedy ---etc...jesus christ, they are making a big deal out of nothing ....like the OP says, the MSM won't make a big deal out of us dying --
Thats because youre not worth much to anyone. Youve done nothing that touches anyone other than your pet cat.

..yes--we get it..he was ''young''/famous/etc ---but all these people crying and etc is ridiculous ...and the MSM is going overboard
I only wonder why the media did not give 1/100th of as much attention to his faith as they have to his death.
Probably because his faith (I am assuming you mean his religion) is not important. He didnt do what he did for others because of his religion.

Yep, I agree

###

Goodness. Sports stars are sports stars. That doesn't make their lives more valuable or more important than anyone else's life. I don't think acknowledging that fact has anything to do with ego, just reality. It is most sad for his surviving family members. Everyone knows that he died, and people who are sad can express that, but enough with the news coverage.
The fact that they are stars is not what makes them valuable. What makes them valuable, and more valuable than the haters on this thread, is that they are able to help and inspire millions off the court in their personal lives. They hold camps and teach kids how to be successful at anything...not just basketball. Alot of them have paid for funerals for random people that couldnt afford it after some tragic death. Their willingness to reach out and help others without any fanfare is important to the Black community.

Yep, I agree

###

The fact that they are stars is not what makes them valuable. What makes them valuable, and more valuable than the haters on this thread, is that they are able to help and inspire millions off the court in their personal lives. They hold camps and teach kids how to be successful at anything...not just basketball. Alot of them have paid for funerals for random people that couldnt afford it after some tragic death. Their willingness to reach out and help others without any fanfare is important to the Black community.

So do a lot of other people who are not sports stars. :dunno: Sports stars just happen to have a lot more money to work with.

Yep, I agree

###

I hope you aren't referring to me as being a "hater." I have said nothing hateful about the man. I just think that enough is enough with the news coverage. Same with all celebrities/athletes who die (or most). I felt the same way when Lady Diana died. It was sad and quite shocking, but the news coverage was a bit ridiculous. They can report to us when some new information comes out.

Forum List

Back