Think Kobe would care if I was killed in a crash

Not until she died and the news coverage. Didnt listen to much Elton John music. We live in entirely different worlds.

It was PART of the news coverage. The royal family is in news ALL the time, and before her death, she and the Prince were going through a huge messy divorce. It was all over the news, even before her death.

I tend to tune out when the news starts talking about the thieving royal family in Britain. Its just like when I hear Drumpfs voice on the news. I simply tune out.

I don't like the royals either, but they are in the news constantly. They also have a lot of money and donate a lot of money and time. I guess that makes THEM very valuable too, in your opinion.
Pretty sure they are valuable to lots of people. That doesnt change the fact that they are not something I am interested in.

Right, and your feelings about Kobe are your own and not everyone shares them either.
I never said everyone shared them. I said he was more valuable to the human race because of the people he touched and inspired. I submitted as proof the unprecedented news coverage, shows of respect, and outpouring of grief going on at this this very moment.

Call me different I guess. I really don't relate to all this kobe fanfare. Think he would care if he read about me dying in a crash.
To listen people talk like he was their best friend, and yet, probably hardly knew the guy. Is kinda corny to me.

Just another millionaire that flew his helicopter to work everyday.
I'm sorry he died in a fiery crash.

I'd be sorry for anyone I heard died in a fiery crash.

I'm not extra sorry because he was famous.
I didnt even like Kobe as a player. I was more impressed with his charity, growth, and his outstanding dedication to his kids.
I don't really do the celebrity thing. I know who he was, I know he played for the Lakers. That's about it.

Call me different I guess. I really don't relate to all this kobe fanfare. Think he would care if he read about me dying in a crash.
To listen people talk like he was their best friend, and yet, probably hardly knew the guy. Is kinda corny to me.

I didnt even like Kobe as a player. I was more impressed with his charity, growth, and his outstanding dedication to his kids.
I don't really do the celebrity thing. I know who he was, I know he played for the Lakers. That's about it.
Me either. My motto is praise the deed not the person. I just happen to know of his numerous good deeds off the court. Looks like I'm not the only one. One thing about this makes me realize you cant judge a person for the rest of their life for something they did due to immaturity in their youth. People grow and look at what Kobe turned into...off the court.

Last edited:
It was PART of the news coverage. The royal family is in news ALL the time, and before her death, she and the Prince were going through a huge messy divorce. It was all over the news, even before her death.

I tend to tune out when the news starts talking about the thieving royal family in Britain. Its just like when I hear Drumpfs voice on the news. I simply tune out.

I don't like the royals either, but they are in the news constantly. They also have a lot of money and donate a lot of money and time. I guess that makes THEM very valuable too, in your opinion.
Pretty sure they are valuable to lots of people. That doesnt change the fact that they are not something I am interested in.

Right, and your feelings about Kobe are your own and not everyone shares them either.
I never said everyone shared them. I said he was more valuable to the human race because of the people he touched and inspired. I submitted as proof the unprecedented news coverage, shows of respect, and outpouring of grief going on at this this very moment.

Which is your opinion. Some people have never heard of him and don't care, just like you feel about the royal family.

Last edited:

Me either. My motto is praise the deed not the person. I just happen to know of his numerous good deeds off the court. Looks like I'm not the only one. One thing about this makes me realize you cant judge a person for the rest of their life for something they did due to immaturity in their youth. People grow and look at what Kobe turned into...off the court.

Yes, Saint Kobe. Lol!

Which is your opinion. Some people have never heard of him and don't care, just like you feel about the royal family.
Of course its my opinion. What he stood for as a father and competitor was valuable for me. Looks like millions of other people thought he was valuable too.

Yes, Saint Kobe. Lol!
Saint? Dude was no saint. :laugh:

Personally, I'm tired of reading about it, hearing it, seeing it on tv. He's dead. Let the family grieve and stfu already for the rest of us. Besides...dude raped a girl. He was no hero.

Personally, I'm tired of reading about it, hearing it, seeing it on tv. He's dead. Let the family grieve and stfu already for the rest of us. Besides...dude raped a girl. He was no hero.
When did he rape a girl? You mean the one that had the sperm of two other guys in her panties?

Of course its my opinion. What he stood for as a father and competitor was valuable for me. Looks like millions of other people thought he was valuable too.

Okay. There you go. That is fine. You think he was more valuable than most other people, and I don't have an issue with that. Others may not feel that way and some people (who don't watch basketball) have probably never heard of him. I think it's a tragedy what happened, but I am not all that broken up about it and am sick of the news coverage about it. You cannot make other people place the same value on him that you do. It's just not going to happen. Some people might even view him the same way you said you view the royal family.

Fucking buzzkilling prick. You.

Okay. There you go. That is fine. You think he was more valuable than most other people, and I don't have an issue with that. Others may not feel that way and some people (who don't watch basketball) have probably never heard of him. I think it's a tragedy what happened, but I am not all that broken up about it and am sick of the news coverage about it. You cannot make other people place the same value on him that you do. It's just not going to happen. Some people might even view him the same way you said you view the royal family.
Not sure where you got the idea I was trying to force anyone to feel a certain way. We were talking about value. Unless you define value differently then you're wrong. He is more valuable than you or me. He touched and inspired more people than both of us combined could do.

Not sure where you got the idea I was trying to force anyone to feel a certain way. We were talking about value. Unless you define value differently then you're wrong. He is more valuable than you or me. He touched and inspired more people than both of us combined could do.

Okay, you assign his life more valuable than ??? I don't know who, but I don't feel the same. I didn't know him, he never touched my life, and I don't like basketball. Those big giants falling on the floor crying foul because someone nudged them? Yuck. Not a good sport, IMO. I prefer football or baseball or couples ice dancing or gymnastics.

Fucking buzzkilling prick. You.

I would think "buzz kill" would be totally the wrong choice of words, considering you are talking about the death of a person. Unless you get buzzed from death.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the man. Some people believe he wasn't such a great guy, I guess. I never knew him personally, so while I acknowledge the news is sad (as is the case when most people die, and I hear about it), I'm over it now and ready to move on. :D

Okay, you assign his life more valuable than ??? I don't know who, but I don't feel the same. I didn't know him, he never touched my life, and I don't like basketball. Those big giants falling on the floor crying foul because someone nudged them? Yuck. Not a good sport, IMO. I prefer football or baseball or couples ice dancing or gymnastics.

None of that changes his value to the human race though. Not everyone has equal value to the human race. There are only a few people that touch millions in a positive manner. Most of us barely touch our families.

None of that changes his value to the human race though. Not everyone has equal value to the human race. There are only a few people that touch millions in a positive manner. Most of us barely touch our families.

To those people, he might be a hero. To others, not so much apparently. I'm not going to judge him on the alleged rape because there is no proof either way. Just because a woman is slutty, doesn't mean she can't get raped, and just because a woman accuses a man of rape, doesn't mean he actually did it. So the rape accusation remains an accusation in my view.

To those people, he might be a hero. To others, not so much apparently. I'm not going to judge him on the alleged rape because there is no proof either way. Just because a woman is slutty, doesn't mean she can't get raped, and just because a woman accuses a man of rape, doesn't mean he actually did it. So the rape accusation remains an accusation in my view.

The funny thing is Kobe would not want all this attention. He would be saying get on with being successful in life and stop mourning me. "Mamba out."

Forum List

Back