This cancel culture shit needs to stop. Netflix removes ALL movies with Johnny Depp in them.

Now I'm not here to cheerlead for Depp but WTF???
Disney is also recasting his role in the Pirates of the Caribbean. Reportedly to a female lead. Like wtf??? He IS Pirates of the Caribbean.

He beat Amber Heard in a court of law so whats the beef? Have I missed some new TMZ expose?

I do think the dude is definitely weird but weird is not a crime.
Yep, Hollywierd hasn't put anything out that has been worth watching in over 20 years. They forgot that their one goal in life is to entertain. HBO stepped on their junk when they tried to pull the same "Roseanne" BS and recanted. ABC/Disney as well. I cancelled Netflix and HBO a long time ago and I am about to dump all of the MSM/local stations. They lie nightly on the news and I'm not going to pay for it. Print media has gone the same way--HaHaHa and they whine daily about supporting local news. Give me some objective news and I and many others will support it. Otherwise they can roll in their own shit.
There are still good shows to be found. You just have to wander through all the weeds to find them.

I definitely don't like that Hollywood seems to be out of new ideas but then you have to consider that they've been making movies for 100 years and there are only so many tales to tell and only so many ways you can rewrite them.

I know!!! What the hell is it with these constant "remakes" and then the part 2, part 3, etc crap? Nothing original anymore. Nothing unless you look at the smaller venues like what is showcased at Sundance.

As lousy as it is to beat your wife, it has nothing to do with his acting roles.
The people who say this are the first to say they won't watch a Roman Polanski movie because of his outstanding rape case, or won't watch a Woody Allen movie because his deranged ex-girlfriend made up a vindictive accusation, or won't watch a Mel Gibson movie because he hit his wife and is a closet anti-Semitic, or won't watch an Alec Baldwin movie because he yelled at his daughter in a voicemail.

Those examples of cancel culture are just fine.
There is a difference between someone PERSONALLY boycotting something or someone and a company doing it for you leaving you no choice.

For the record I don't typically fall into any of that shit. I HATE what Deniro has become but I LOVE his movies.

Harrison Ford is 78. Grampa thinks it's fine for a 78 year old to make an action movie but a 78 year old president is too old.
Nope, a 78 year old alzheimers patient is not qualified to be pres. Piglosi and Kameltoe will introduce you to the 25th amendment if they don't end up in jail.

Disney is also recasting his role in the Pirates of the Caribbean. Reportedly to a female lead. Like wtf??? He IS Pirates of the Caribbean.

He beat Amber Heard in a court of law so whats the beef? Have I missed some new TMZ expose?

Agree...this stuff goes too far. He might be a jerk, but that shouldn't affect our ability to watch his movies.
This supposed "cancel' of Depp has not been confirmed. It's a link from Grampa. Take it for what it's worth.

Harrison Ford is 78. Grampa thinks it's fine for a 78 year old to make an action movie but a 78 year old president is too old.
Nope, a 78 year old alzheimers patient is not qualified to be pres. Piglosi and Kameltoe will introduce you to the 25th amendment if they don't end up in jail.
I'm sorry - what were you saying?

I mean didn’t he beat his wife? If so then I have no problem with him getting canceled
Actually his wife was convicted of beating another woman while her later claims of depp were found unfounded in court. The only known abuser is his wife--------who was found to basically have lied about him beating her.

I hate Depp as an actor since atleast his 21 jump street days (Greico was always better looking and a better actor) but this railroading of him because he is a white male being accused by his gay female wife is crazy stupid. Hollyweird are the last a-holes who should morally judging anyone else.

Concerned American can give this all the thumbs down he wants. It doesn't change the video. It doesn't change Trump's dementia.

Or are you claiming it's all from drug abusing?

Actually I do believe that. Going to the fucking movies isn't going to alter my life in any meaningful way. It isn't going to raise/lower my taxes. It isn't going to change the OSHA regulations I have to follow. It isn't going to force me onto a new healthcare policy. And on and on....

I can't believe you want there.

BEYOND STUPID to compare the two

I know you're sorry--your avatar says it all. And you can keep your link--I don't patronize any of those communist social media sites--FB, Twitter, TikTok--none of 'em. BTW, your democrat is showing after that last on topic comment.

Concerned American can give this all the thumbs down he wants. It doesn't change the video. It doesn't change Trump's dementia.

WHY the fuck are you injecting politics into this thread?

Get your head examined

He's too old for Pirates. That's why they are re-casting. That was planned before his court battle. I think Margot Robbie was tapped to take over.
How is he too old??? Harrison Ford is making a new Raiders of the Lost Ark movie ffs.

The only thing I could see is maybe he has a severe booze or drug problem? But even then you could deal with it for the profit if it isn't crazy bad. I had a guy who I finally had to let go because of booze and still today almost 10 years later customers are still sad he didn't return for the next job.
He also has a severe booze and drug problem.
It does sound like it in all the secret tapes but so do I many nights in here right? Yet when I goto work I am loved by my customers.
Surface judging is dangerous

You sound like you are a recovering abuser. tsk tsk tsk.

I don't think it has anything to do with cancel culture. Warner and Disney have started their own competing streaming platforms. Netflix's streaming distribution contract for Disney movies has expired.

Netflix is toast.
Netflix is far from toast. I don’t think you have the slightest understanding of their business model
And Disney doesn't own all of Depps flicks.
Heard played him like a fiddle and many in the entertainment industry are supporting her for it.

She is as toxic as they come.
She would be great. Bring it on

Hey thanks... Didn't know that. I'm not a JD fan really... But... Tired of this shit. Canceled.

I don't think it has anything to do with cancel culture. Warner and Disney have started their own competing streaming platforms. Netflix's streaming distribution contract for Disney movies has expired.

Netflix is toast.
Netflix is far from toast. I don’t think you have the slightest understanding of their business model
Heard played him like a fiddle and many in the entertainment industry are supporting her for it.

Fuckable & forgettable.

If that's your idea of great, so be it.

Netflix is toast.

Fuckable & forgettable.

You sound like a real winner Gramps. I hope nobody speaks about your daughter that way

Netflix is toast.

Fuckable & forgettable.

You sound like a real winner Gramps. I hope nobody speaks about your daughter that way
Yes, I can never speak my opinion of a woman because I have a daughter..... makes total sense.

Guess I'm fucked cause I have a father, grandson and brother too.

I will never speak of a human again

20201218_233436.jpg

Netflix is toast.

Fuckable & forgettable.

Yes, I can never speak my opinion of a woman because I have a daughter..... makes total sense.

View attachment 434559
Perhaps you just show a little more respect. And recognize that she is somebody’s daughter just as you have a daughter. Maybe you just speak about them the way you would want others to speak about your children it’s not a hard concept to understand

Netflix is toast.

Fuckable & forgettable.

View attachment 434559
Perhaps you just show a little more respect. And recognize that she is somebody’s daughter just as you have a daughter. Maybe you just speak about them the way you would want others to speak about your children it’s not a hard concept to understand
EVERYONE is someone's son or daughter. What a stupid fucking standard to go by.
You better not ever criticize ANYONE

Forum List

Back