This cancel culture shit needs to stop. Netflix removes ALL movies with Johnny Depp in them.

Now I'm not here to cheerlead for Depp but WTF???
Disney is also recasting his role in the Pirates of the Caribbean. Reportedly to a female lead. Like wtf??? He IS Pirates of the Caribbean.

He beat Amber Heard in a court of law so whats the beef? Have I missed some new TMZ expose?

I do think the dude is definitely weird but weird is not a crime.
I don't think it has anything to do with cancel culture. Warner and Disney have started their own competing streaming platforms. Netflix's streaming distribution contract for Disney movies has expired.

Netflix is toast.
Netflix is far from toast. I don’t think you have the slightest understanding of their business model
And Disney doesn't own all of Depps flicks.
And Disney isn't the only studio Netflix is losing. Others such as Warner and Viacom have started their own streaming services too. Hollywood is cutting out the middle man. That's why Netflix has been increasingly relying on Bollywood and Korea for content. And as a consequence, the quality of their content has went to shit. That is why they are losing so many subscribers.

Last edited:
Dude Pirates of the Caribbean is a classic.

No. "Citizen Kane" is a classic. "Pirates of The Caribbean" is a theme park ride.

View attachment 434494
Disagree. In its genre Pirates IS a classic.
Depp reminds me of Leslie Neilson. Just masters of their craft.
I don't know who that is, and I've only seen Depp in Pirates and Edward Scissorhands, but he rocked out Pirates.

Yes! I know who he is now!

No. "Citizen Kane" is a classic. "Pirates of The Caribbean" is a theme park ride.

View attachment 434494
I don't know who that is, and I've only seen Depp in Pirates and Edward Scissorhands, but he rocked out Pirates.

"You can't take a guess for another two hours?"

Greatest line of all time!

I liked the bit where the thig borrowed his money to bribe him lol.
Even today that shit gets me to near tears from laughing

Call off the dogs!!! All is o k. I just searched a few titles and the 3rd one I searched was on there. All you Rango fans are in luck.

Is it just me, or is Beans kind of hot?

01f0b6c17405fd66f364cf7bd22db83e.jpg

Disney is also recasting his role in the Pirates of the Caribbean. Reportedly to a female lead. Like wtf??? He IS Pirates of the Caribbean.

He beat Amber Heard in a court of law so whats the beef? Have I missed some new TMZ expose?

No disrespect, but Depp is a no-acting faggot. He has one creepy character persona and uses the same one in every movie he's ever been in.

Casting a female in the Sparrow role is even more faggotry. I won't even watch it when it reached the cable network.
None taken. I love offbeat/quirky/slapstick comedy.

Barney Fife is one of my all time favorites and he definitely has no acting chops. But holy hell he can make me laugh

View attachment 434494

"You can't take a guess for another two hours?"

Greatest line of all time!

I liked the bit where the thig borrowed his money to bribe him lol.
Even today that shit gets me to near tears from laughing

I don't think I ever saw Naked Gun, but Airplane still makes me laugh out loud. I was a fan of all the Haley novels....Airport, Hotel, Wheels...Airplane was a great satire.

I think his career death was when he made bad movies that weren't successful. POTC movies, well 4 was to many. Its Hollywood baby and the zombies litter the street with the names of the career dead. The fickle public will forget easily and moves on to the next wannabe zombie.

I am not a fan of Johnny Depp, but I know all too well unfortunately how it is to lose things that I love to watch because they are ripped away from me by people who don't know how to stay out of other people's business. I pray that our favorites things to watch are restored to watch again someday soon.

God bless you and Johnny and his fan base always!!!

Holly

He's too old for Pirates. That's why they are re-casting. That was planned before his court battle. I think Margot Robbie was tapped to take over.

Yep, Hollywierd hasn't put anything out that has been worth watching in over 20 years. They forgot that their one goal in life is to entertain. HBO stepped on their junk when they tried to pull the same "Roseanne" BS and recanted. ABC/Disney as well. I cancelled Netflix and HBO a long time ago and I am about to dump all of the MSM/local stations. They lie nightly on the news and I'm not going to pay for it. Print media has gone the same way--HaHaHa and they whine daily about supporting local news. Give me some objective news and I and many others will support it. Otherwise they can roll in their own shit.

He's too old for Pirates. That's why they are re-casting. That was planned before his court battle. I think Margot Robbie was tapped to take over.
How is he too old??? Harrison Ford is making a new Raiders of the Lost Ark movie ffs.

The only thing I could see is maybe he has a severe booze or drug problem? But even then you could deal with it for the profit if it isn't crazy bad. I had a guy who I finally had to let go because of booze and still today almost 10 years later customers are still sad he didn't return for the next job.

As lousy as it is to beat your wife, it has nothing to do with his acting roles.
The people who say this are the first to say they won't watch a Roman Polanski movie because of his outstanding rape case, or won't watch a Woody Allen movie because his deranged ex-girlfriend made up a vindictive accusation, or won't watch a Mel Gibson movie because he hit his wife and is a closet anti-Semitic, or won't watch an Alec Baldwin movie because he yelled at his daughter in a voicemail.

Those examples of cancel culture are just fine.

How is he too old??? Harrison Ford is making a new Raiders of the Lost Ark movie ffs.

The only thing I could see is maybe he has a severe booze or drug problem? But even then you could deal with it for the profit if it isn't crazy bad. I had a guy who I finally had to let go because of booze and still today almost 10 years later customers are still sad he didn't return for the next job.
He also has a severe booze and drug problem.

Yep, Hollywierd hasn't put anything out that has been worth watching in over 20 years. They forgot that their one goal in life is to entertain. HBO stepped on their junk when they tried to pull the same "Roseanne" BS and recanted. ABC/Disney as well. I cancelled Netflix and HBO a long time ago and I am about to dump all of the MSM/local stations. They lie nightly on the news and I'm not going to pay for it. Print media has gone the same way--HaHaHa and they whine daily about supporting local news. Give me some objective news and I and many others will support it. Otherwise they can roll in their own shit.
There are still good shows to be found. You just have to wander through all the weeds to find them.

I definitely don't like that Hollywood seems to be out of new ideas but then you have to consider that they've been making movies for 100 years and there are only so many tales to tell and only so many ways you can rewrite them.

The age thing is moron logic anyway. It's fiction. If you want to use the argument that he's too old--What argument are they using to justify the fact that Pirates of the Caribbean were.....MEN. It's as bad as the PC crap that Disney pulled when they pulled the whores out of the ride.

Agree...this stuff goes too far. He might be a jerk, but that shouldn't affect our ability to watch his movies.

Forum List

Back