This Could Be The Biggest News of the 2024 Campaign Yet

RhodyPatriot

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2022
Sometimes the cold hard facts just stare at us right in the face.

No matter how much we embrace or deny them, they are what they are.

And in this case, they come in the form of data from arguably the most accurate pollster in the nation.

But why does Iowa, a predictably red state these days, matter at all?

Well, here goes:

A new Des Moines Register/Mediacom poll shows Trump ahead of Joe Biden by double digits in Iowa, with Trump leading 50% to 32% among likely voters with third-party candidates included in the poll. That's an 18-point lead.

Why does this matter, since Trump won Iowa in 2020 and 2016?

For one thing, the Des Moines Register poll, conducted by Ann Selzer, is notorious for being extremely accurate. The final Des Moines Register poll of 2020 had Trump up seven points over Joe Biden, and Trump ultimately won the state by eight points.

What really makes this poll's result huge are the implications it has for other Midwestern states.

Meghan McCain, who is no fan of Trump, warned her followers on X/Twitter that Trump's substantial lead in Iowa likely means he'll win Wisconsin as well.

There is no scenario where Trump wins Iowa by 18 points but loses Wisconsin.

Ann Selzer is arguably the best pollster in the country (certainly Iowa) and her polls should be taken extremely seriously.
x.com
— Meghan McCain (@MeghanMcCain) June 17, 2024

McCain is not the first person to note that the DMR poll in Iowa is predictive of the outcome in Wisconsin. Anti-Trumper Bill Kristol previously noted that the final DMR poll of 2016 showed that Trump had "a good shot in PA/WI/MI, and could win the whole thing."

And Trump did.

Based on recent polls, Biden would have to sweep the Great Lakes battleground states of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania to have a chance at winning the election in November.

With 4 1/2 months to go, if you're a Biden supporter, this has to be ringing off alarm bells and red flags galore.

10 days til the debate, and the possible resignation of Joe Biden to welcome in a replacement for November.

We shall see.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I would classify a poll out of Iowa as, "The Biggest News of the 2024 Campaign Yet."

:auiqs.jpg:

Trump maintains big lead over Biden and RFK Jr. despite felony conviction, Iowa Poll shows

1718661946740.png

Five months is an eternity, EXCEPT THAT some states are so stupid that they allow balloting to start in September. They apparently WANT a bogus result.

Five months is an eternity, EXCEPT THAT some states are so stupid that they allow balloting to start in September. They apparently WANT a bogus result.

And also except that Biden's polling in both his electoral standing and approval rating are both getting worse , not better, as time goes on.

If he's the nominee on Election Day, his approval could be in the low 30s.

Unprecedented.

And unwinnable.

Gives us more time to tote right-leaners to the polls......The dems forced the greased rope of early voting on Virginians, now we are going to use it to hang them with. ;)

And in this case, they come in the form of data from arguably the most accurate pollster in the nation.

Well, here goes:

With 4 1/2 months to go, if you're a Biden supporter, this has to be ringing off alarm bells and red flags galore.

10 days til the debate, and the possible resignation of Joe Biden to welcome in a replacement for November.

We shall see.

It's not ringing any alarm bells. Iowa has been red for multiple election cycles.
Not exactly breaking news. :)

It's not ringing any alarm bells. Iowa has been red for multiple election cycles.
Not exactly breaking news. :)

Another joker who DIDN'T READ THE ARTICLE.

Hello, McFly.

Don't comment on articles you don't read.

It makes you look like the jackass you are.

Well, here goes:

We shall see.

From the same media company that brought us 2000 mules which was pulled and they apologized for misleading so as to try and prevent law suits.
Most of the fake media, that has been proven in court, is from the far right.

Another joker who DIDN'T READ THE ARTICLE.

Hello, McFly.

Don't comment on articles you don't read.

It makes you look like the jackass you are.
Hey Henry..newsflash..no one gives a shit about your "narratives".
The polls in each state are what they are...your conspiracy theories notwithstanding.

Trump is going to lose. Prepare yourself. :)

Well, here goes:

We shall see.

But Trump won Iowa in 2020, and lost Wisconsin in 2020?

From the same media company that brought us 2000 mules which was pulled and they apologized for misleading so as to try and prevent law suits.
Most of the fake media, that has been proven in court, is from the far right.
The OP raging about fact denial is especially hilarious. 306>232...

And also except that Biden's polling in both his electoral standing and approval rating are both getting worse , not better, as time goes on.

If he's the nominee on Election Day, his approval could be in the low 30s.

Unprecedented.

And unwinnable.
The way it appears to be going with folks regarding inflation alone it would not surprise me to see pres. Biden's approval rating drop into the high 20's. What I am hearing from folks I engage in conversation with is;

1) Affordable housing/ fear of having to pay rent until death.

2) General cost of living due to inflation, utilities/food, gas/vehicles, taxes/levies, plus retirement.

3) General corruption within g'ment(debt $pending/skimming/bilking/kickbacks etc.).

Surprisingly illegal immigration/violent crime/drug trafficking etc. though mentioned @ times during conversations seems to me to be a secondary concern with folks(local) with their wallets taking priority. If that is true country wide I'd say that would bode badly for pres. Biden & company considering the sheer amount of $$$$$ the fed g'ment has flushed down the toilet.

Well, here goes:

We shall see.

Democrats are in the middle of a five alarm fire and they don't know the escape plan. They closed all of the doors out of the building. I guess they're taking the elevators. Good luck.

Democrats are in the middle of a five alarm fire and they don't know the escape plan. They closed all of the doors out of the building. I guess they're taking the elevators. Good luck.
Are the Republicans going to make the mistake the Democrats made in 2016 and not take the opposing Presidential candidate as a threat.
Let's hope Independent is advising the MAGA strategy.

Hey Henry..newsflash..no one gives a shit about your "narratives".
The polls in each state are what they are...your conspiracy theories notwithstanding.

Trump is going to lose. Prepare yourself. :)

Dear ShittyBator,

Since you've now irrevocably proven yourself to be utterly lacking in the reading comprehension department, let me explain this in a way that even you should be able to understand:

Yes Trump won Iowa in 2020, and Biden won Wisconsin.

The article specifically speaks to that.

But again, you either didn't bother to read, or are too fucking braindead to fathom the English language.

So let me spoon feed this to your stupid ass.

Heeeeere cooooomes the aiiiiiirplane:

The article points out that Trump won Iowa by 8 points in 2020.

The poll cited in the article, that prognosticators on both sides of the aisle acknowledge is the pinnacle of accuracy, had predicted Big T would take Iowa by 7.

So not only were they incredibly accurate (as anyone who follows politics knows they always are), but they slightly downgraded Trump's performance.

Now today, what are they predicting?

A Trump EIGHTEEEN point victory.

Now, riddle me this oh dumb one:

How much did Biden win Wisconsin by in 2020?

Since we know you'd have to google it and we'd all be sitting here falling asleep to the Jeopardy! theme song, I'll save us all some time and just tell you:

.3%.

Not a typo.

That's POINT three.

Biden isn't cracking one third of support in Iowa, and that almost certainly spells a trend for the entire upper midwest.

I'll let you try and figure that one out.

I know, it's hopeless.

Just like your political gravitas.

Forum List

Back