This could only happen in the Louisiana country

That is bad ass. Louisiana is so backward it is truly scary.
That's true but the sad thing is Louisianans are proud of it. Having lived there for 25 years, I've seen them do a lot crazier things than this. Every time I read crazy shit like this, I get a little homesick.

Last edited:
That's true but the sad thing is Louisianans are proud of it. Having lived there for 25 years, I've seen them do a lot crazier things than this.

Flopper is correct. We are nuts here. Its not at all sad, though.

We have one of maybe the highest percentage of native residents. If you're born here you don't quite fit anywhere else.

If you live here long enough you'll have some crazy story to tell that couldn't happen anywhere else.

Last edited:
That's true but the sad thing is Louisianans are proud of it. Having lived there for 25 years, I've seen them do a lot crazier things than this.

We have one of maybe the highest percentage of native residents. If you're born here you don't quite fit anywhere else.

If you live here long enough you'll have some crazy story to tell that couldn't happen anywhere else.
Louisianans know how eat, party, and have a good time. The rest of the country could learn something here. However, Louisiana has the worst public school system, highest incarceration rate in the nation, some of the worst roads in the country, the highest auto insurance rates, the 2nd most dangerous state to live in, and the most unhealthy state.

Police: Man twice rides horse into Scott bar, lassos man in parking lot on Tuesday night | Home | The Advocate ? Baton Rouge, LA
SCOTT — A drunk man twice rode his horse into a saloon called Cowboy’s late Tuesday night, lassoed a man outside the bar in the parking lot, then rode the horse around the lot pulling the helplessly bound man, police said.

Wow. That's kinda awesome.

Not just Louisiana.
People still ride their horses through towns all across the South as well as the West.
Texas, Nevada, Arizona,Tennessee, Kentucky.
They ride them into Towns and go thru the drive- ins of places like Subway, Baskin Robbins, Taco Bell. They go to Bars, Banks and grocery stores.
Most don't do crazy things like this guy did.
But it could happen in any of the places all around the south who do ride them to bars. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU_5nylvHY0]This is how we ride, in Texas..Through town.. on a horse! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpHf19NF-o0]RIDING HORSES THROUGH TOWN ~ ARIZONA - YouTube[/ame]

Here is one from 4 years ago.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy7Bu7nKy9o]horse in a bar - YouTube[/ame]

It isn't all that uncommon in small towns.
I would have no problem with a horse coming into a bar or a Subway shop -- except for one thing. Horses are known for their lack of toilet etiquette. Who cleans it up?

Louisianans know how eat, party, and have a good time. The rest of the country could learn something here. However, Louisiana has the worst public school system, highest incarceration rate in the nation, some of the worst roads in the country, the highest auto insurance rates, the 2nd most dangerous state to live in, and the most unhealthy state.

Not true - Mississippi has the worst public school system. We're 49!

I'm actually in Mississippi right now. Every time I come here, I am reminded of how big the distance is between 49 and 50.

As for the roads, building road on swamp and mud is just more difficult and costly, its not really a fair comparison. We also have to build longer bridges than most, adding to the cost. We've got what either is or was until recently the longest bridge over water in the world.

Last edited:

I'm actually in Mississippi right now. Every time I come here, I am reminded of how big the distance is between 49 and 50.

As for the roads, building road on swamp and mud is just more difficult and costly, its not really a fair comparison. We also have to build longer bridges than most, adding to the cost. We've got what either is or was until recently the longest bridge over water in the world.
Good points, but a lot of other states have to deak with mountains which also represent huge challenges.

Last edited:

Good points, but a lot of other states have to deak with mountains which also represent huge challenges.

That is true but at least you've got a solid foundation. The bridges that go over our swamps - just think of toothpicks stuck into jello - that's essentially what they are resting on. And when the surface roads flood the water sits for hours or days.

I live in Oregon. I've seen horses in bars more than once, and when I was senior in high school, the boys had lariats and rifles in their trucks, and between class would rope the girls walking by in front of the lockers.

Just sayin.

I live in Oregon. I've seen horses in bars more than once, and when I was senior in high school, the boys had lariats and rifles in their trucks, and between class would rope the girls walking by in front of the lockers.

Just sayin.

What the hell part of Oregon do you live in? In the part of Eastern Oregon that I mostly grew up in, a boy rope a girl without her permission, he would be eating his front teeth.

Forum List

Back