This from "The most transparent administration in history"....

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Press Release - Obama Pledges Most Transparent and Accountable Administration in History August 15, 2007
Barack Obama: Press Release - Obama Pledges Most Transparent and Accountable Administration in History

“This is the most transparent administration in history,” Obama said during a Google Plus “Fireside” Hangout.

Obama says his is ?most transparent administration' ever - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Flattering Obama Images Flourish As White House Media Access Narrows
In his first term, Obama engaged in 107 short question-and-answer sessions with reporters during events in the Oval Office, the Cabinet Room and similar settings.
President George W. Bush, by contrast, had 354.
Flattering Obama Images Flourish As White House Media Access Narrows « CBS DC

So where is the press on all this???

The same people that said..

Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

OK Mr. Thomas that sounds about right - FAIR and Balanced Right ! Objective reporting!

So what about Obama this same Bush Bashing Editor of NewsWeek.... Evan Thomas calls Obama god!

I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
Evan Thomas on Hardball, June 5, 2009.
Newsweek?s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ?Sort of God? | NewsBusters

At the same time, it is limiting press access in ways that past administrations wouldn’t have dared, and the president is answering to the public in more controlled settings than his predecessors. It’s raising new questions about what’s lost when the White House tries to make an end run around the media, functioning, in effect, as its own news agency.

Mike McCurry, who served as press secretary to President Bill Clinton, sees an inclination by the Obama White House to “self-publish,” coupled with tactics “I never would have dreamed of in terms of restricting access” for independent news organizations.

I just picked this up at the Daily Mail.

How Obama is blocking out reporters and wrapping himself in a bubble so he can exercise ultimate control his public image

How Obama is blocking out reporters and wrapping himself in a bubble so he can exercise ultimate control his public image | Mail Online

The sad truth is the foreign press is more like what the US press use to be!
Remember when most of the stories about Bush were unflattering? The MSM bias and protectionism started in the 80s when will let Evan Thomas editor of NewsWeek explain in his words...

"There is a liberal bias. It's demonstrable. You look at some statistics. About 85 percent of the reporters who cover the White House vote Democratic, they have for a long time.There is a, particularly at the networks, at the lower levels, among the editors and the so-called infrastructure, there is a liberal bias.

There is a liberal bias at Newsweek, the magazine I work for -most of the people who work at Newsweek live on the upper West Side in New York and they have a liberal bias....
- Newsweek Washington Bureau Chief Evan Thomas.

The point Thomas makes is the people that write the headlines, the stories on TV..,"lower levels.." they were at that time
all 1960s,70s graduates of journalism schools and from my personal experience former members of SDS and Weatherman!
In my journalism classes there were anarchists learning the journalism trade and these same anarchist "get the man" ideology is now the senior editors/etc...!
So I don't know if that means they are now retiring but their ideology is still strong!

It’s all courtesy of the Obama image machine, serving up a stream of words, images and videos that invariably cast the president as commanding, compassionate and on the ball. In this world, Obama’s family is always photogenic, first dog Bo is always well-behaved and the vegetables in the South Lawn kitchen garden always seem succulent.

Mike McCurry, who served as press secretary to President Bill Clinton, sees an inclination by the Obama White House to “self-publish,” coupled with tactics “I never would have dreamed of in terms of restricting access” for independent news organizations.

It is the utter stupidity of the American public that believes only what obama permits them to see.

It’s all courtesy of the Obama image machine, serving up a stream of words, images and videos that invariably cast the president as commanding, compassionate and on the ball. In this world, Obama’s family is always photogenic, first dog Bo is always well-behaved and the vegetables in the South Lawn kitchen garden always seem succulent.

It is the utter stupidity of the American public that believes only what obama permits them to see.

It's oh so familiar. :) Deja vu for true.

The American press has morphed into the old Pravda.

It's oh so familiar. :) Deja vu for true.

The American press has morphed into the old Pravda.

You are absolutely right!
The hope is that more and more people are getting their information from other sources that are closer to the facts then what the
MSM use to do..be the 4th Estate..
The Fourth Estate (or fourth estate) is a societal or political force or institution whose influence is not consistently or officially recognized. "Fourth Estate" most commonly refers to the news media; especially print journalism or "The Press"
(The above explanation wasn't for people like you who ARE well informed, but for those people that voted for Obama simply because they didn't want to think they were racist by NOT voting for him!)

The LSM will continue to become more and more irrelevant the longer it digs it's nose into Obama's asscrack.

It's true that Obama hasn't made himself available for press conferences like all presidents before him. I think that's wrong. Why is he afraid to be put on the spot and asked the tough questions like past presidents? I'm sure none of them liked it, but the public has a right to know what is going on and standing before a group of reporters who are shooting questions at them was all part of the deal.

If Bush had tried to get away with this, the liberal media would have stormed the White House and demanded that he take their questions. Don't expect anyone on the left to agree that Obama should field questions from reporters in the same manner that all previous presidents were expected to do. Somehow, they are comfortable holding Obama to much lower standards.

Obama isn't available to the media and it seems like most of the reporters (I use the term loosely) just printed the talking points of the day. I agree with this article. While many in the media are critical of the lack of access to the president, that is no reason not to report on the facts that are known. They've dropped the ball when it comes to informing people of what is happening in Washington. They are careful never to criticize Obama or question anything he does. Now, they seem to be blaming their neglect of their duties on the fact that Obama didn't make himself available. Why should he when he sees an obedient media protecting his image?

But here is the more serious issue: Not getting access to the president for a solo news conference or a sit-down interview does not prevent you from reporting in a substantive way on his policies and how they are affecting the nation. Where was the Times to tell us about the real effects of ObamaCare? What did the Times have to say about all the waste and ineffetiveness of the $862 billion "stimulus"? Why hasn't the Times made an issue of Democrats' refusal to pass a budget for four years? Where is all the Times's detailed reporting on the expansion of the regulatory state?
You don't need an interview with the president to report on any of this, and you certainly don't need embarrassing pictures of him to help tell the story. Go get the facts. Sure it would be nice to have a quote from the president, but it's hardly necessary for you to do your job.

New York Times notices that Obama totally manipulates the press
Politics: New York Times notices that Obama totally manipulates the press | CainTV

Forum List

Back