This is a great board

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
It reflects everything and everybody in this country perfectly.

Every thread is a "I know you are but what am I?" or "Noooooo, you are!" thread and it's freaking hilarious.

You know, the politicians sitting in Washington DC, in every State Capital and in every City are laughing their asses off at us. All they have to do is get those talking points out and let it go. We argue amongst ourselves, calling names while they just sit there laughing, doing whatever they want to do.

The people of this country have lost it, pretty much completely. The people don't control a damn thing in this country, not one thing. We vote for the same person, year after year, term after term, cycle after cycle and have been for the past 40 years. It don't matter what letter comes after their name, they are all the same. Career Politicians who's only desire is to get into and stay in office. They do not care about us, not one of them cares about us or this country.

We need a change. A complete overhaul of those in Washington DC and every single state, county, all the way down to the damn Dog Catcher. Every single person removed from office.

But we all know they will be right back in office because people are just so damn stupid.

Last edited:
Interesting...

And what is it you think you're doing by talking down to us like this? I could go on about how condescending your message is, but then again, never mind. I have a theory. You are trying to bait us all into a free-for-all liberal versus conservative throwdown.

I also have a suggestion slash solution to your quandary. Vote with your head, not your heart. Stop lending blind loyalty to your party and voting for a guy because he has a (D) or an (R) next to his name. We would have a lot more to control if we weren't so willing to give it to the people who claim to care about us. Stop swallowing talking points so willingly.

Even if we did remove everyone, what would that accomplish exactly? Given our current sociopolitical climate, we would simply reelect other men who are just as corrupt as the ones we kicked to the curb!

Last edited:
Thank's for that completely full-of-shit, self-righteous, indignation.

What would us stupid people do without Einsteins like the OP?

Try lurking (getting up to speed) before coming on here and making pronouncements. Had you done that you would have seen that there are a few here saying the same thing.

It is true that we have no shortage of asswipes, like novasteve for instance, but what I said earlier stands.

Every thread is a "I know you are but what am I?" or "Noooooo, you are!" thread and it's freaking hilarious.

You know, the politicians sitting in Washington DC, in every State Capital and in every City are laughing their asses off at us. All they have to do is get those talking points out and let it go. We argue amongst ourselves, calling names while they just sit there laughing, doing whatever they want to do.

The people of this country have lost it, pretty much completely. The people don't control a damn thing in this country, not one thing. We vote for the same person, year after year, term after term, cycle after cycle and have been for the past 40 years. It don't matter what letter comes after their name, they are all the same. Career Politicians who's only desire is to get into and stay in office. They do not care about us, not one of them cares about us or this country.

We need a change. A complete overhaul of those in Washington DC and every single state, county, all the way down to the damn Dog Catcher. Every single person removed from office.

But we all know they will be right back in office because people are just so damn stupid.

Is is me or what? I somehow disagree with the opinions of the first two respondents. I don't find your post to be insulting so much as honest. I don't think you meant to be condescending. Perhaps "stupid" was not the best choice of words to use but what I think you were trying to convey is how we approach politicians and politics. Many people have this generational approach because grandma and grandpa and mama and daddy always consistently voted for this party or that party - it's not stupidity so much as some kind of familial habit or tradition. Many vote one way or another because they've been quite cunningly "dumbed down" by very believable "experts" ... who are not.

"Constituent" means to a politician those people on the same socioeconomic strata as they are and who can get them where they want to be ... and stay. They want the VOTE of everyone ... but they are oblivious to the world of the common man and their needs. They've never had to live in that world. You're right - politicians need to get over themselves and get used to the idea that when they get up in the morning and put on their pants they do it the same way a ditch digger does.

Don't know if this was your first post but if so, welcome. Enjoy yourself and the Board. There are many opinions, humor, personalities, topics, and what have you to be found.

Don't know if this was your first post but if so, welcome. Enjoy yourself and the Board. There are many opinions, humor, personalities, topics, and what have you to be found.

The OP does not seem to be in agreement, at all.

He can go somewhere else for all I care.

Not one of them cares? Not one? You can't name one elected official who cares about this country?

You just might be a little bit cynical.

Believing partisans are obviously idiots.

On that point we obviously agree.

Is is me or what? I somehow disagree with the opinions of the first two respondents. I don't find your post to be insulting so much as honest. I don't think you meant to be condescending. Perhaps "stupid" was not the best choice of words to use but what I think you were trying to convey is how we approach politicians and politics. Many people have this generational approach because grandma and grandpa and mama and daddy always consistently voted for this party or that party - it's not stupidity so much as some kind of familial habit or tradition. Many vote one way or another because they've been quite cunningly "dumbed down" by very believable "experts" ... who are not.

"Constituent" means to a politician those people on the same socioeconomic strata as they are and who can get them where they want to be ... and stay. They want the VOTE of everyone ... but they are oblivious to the world of the common man and their needs. They've never had to live in that world. You're right - politicians need to get over themselves and get used to the idea that when they get up in the morning and put on their pants they do it the same way a ditch digger does.

When people start talking about "complete" overhauls, they are generally referring to getting those with interest in helping the "common man" out of the political process.

Presently, the biggest threats to our Republic, is the concentration of wealth. Its a very simple concept. If you move control of all the resources in to a few hands, and those few hands have nothing but self interest in mind, then you will have a society with a few haves and a vast number of have nots.

This is something the founders knew and wrote about. This is something that has caused revolutions in almost every major country through out history. At is base, our government works pretty well. It's one of the least corrupt and most functional governments in the world. Unfortunately, the undoing of many of the regulations concerning money and politics that have been in place for a century..has really mucked things up.

Deep sixing Citizen's United, jettisoning the Patriot Act, booting the AUMF and restoring Glass-Steagall would be 4 things that would get us back on track.

It's simple enough.

This board is a pretty sad representation of America when thread after thread is a right-wing Obama-hating circle jerk. Remember that most "normal" Americans don't bother to voice their opinions on any topic. We get stuck with the old, fat Teabagger radicals who are just smart enough to log in to an internet forum in order to sabotage any credible discussion of pertinent issues with uneducated rants about how Sarah Palin would make a great President and how the 2nd Amendment was written so you could protect your flatscreen tv with a military-style assault rifle.

Meh.

Seems like the majority of the people on this board are partisan ideologues, so you're gonna get the standard partisan ideologue spin, hyperbole, denial, distortion, deflection, diversion and outright lies. And then, given the safety provided by the anonymity of the internet, you also get vicious personal insults just for good measure.

Stupid, dumb? Of course not, obviously not. Intellectual dishonesty? Yeah, big time. A fascinating psychological, sociological, anthropological study? Absolutely. Meant to be taken seriously? I don't think so.

Essentially professional wrestling for political junkies.

Meh.

Seems like the majority of the people on this board are partisan ideologues, so you're gonna get the standard partisan ideologue spin, hyperbole, denial, distortion, deflection, diversion and outright lies. And then, given the safety provided by the anonymity of the internet, you also get vicious personal insults just for good measure.

Stupid, dumb? Of course not, obviously not. Intellectual dishonesty? Yeah, big time. A fascinating psychological, sociological, anthropological study? Absolutely. Meant to be taken seriously? I don't think so.

Essentially professional wrestling for political junkies.

And you are different. You'd never ( you didn't build that ) ever ( fundamentally transform America ) ever be intellectually dishonest. Not you. Never!

This board is a pretty sad representation of America when thread after thread is a right-wing Obama-hating circle jerk. Remember that most "normal" Americans don't bother to voice their opinions on any topic. We get stuck with the old, fat Teabagger radicals who are just smart enough to log in to an internet forum in order to sabotage any credible discussion of pertinent issues with uneducated rants about how Sarah Palin would make a great President and how the 2nd Amendment was written so you could protect your flatscreen tv with a military-style assault rifle.

Sorry I could not hear what you said...what with Obabble's schmekel in your mouth...

Sorry I could not hear what you said...what with Obabble's schmekel in your mouth...
You think that because I call Teabaggers out for being the drooling simpletons that they are that this somehow means that I love Barack Obama and the Democratic party?

This is why normal people call Teabaggers a bunch of drooling simpletons.

Nice man..nice.

Better online than on the streets where we'd be throttling one another. :)

And the politicians aren't the ones laughing, it's the corporations. They control everything, not politicians. Try having a war without defense contractors' approval and support. Try passing labor laws or raising the minimum wage without retail business support. Try passing pro-enviromental laws without energy corporations support. It never happens without a nod and a wink from the ones really in control. Politicians are better thought of as scapegoat volunteers who're handsomely compensated by the companies who supported their candidacy and put them on boards of directors once out of office. It's why no one gets assassinated anymore - it wouldn't change a thing. :)

It's you.

There is just too much information in the world today. It is like we know almost everything going on and make up the rest, in my opinion. The INTERNET has connected us in ways our parents could have never imagined. When Walter Cronkite said something it was good as gold, yet he lied just like they do today pushing his agenda. We know that now because of the INTERNET.

So yeah, we are snipping at each other but that has gone on since time eternal. If you think the US is bad now think back to when we threw a portion of our population in chains. Or threw them into detention camps. Or did STD disease experiments on men without them knowing. Or had poll taxes, the KKK, "Whites Only." Was the US better?

Forum List

Back