This Is Great: Trump Demands South Korea Pay 400% More For US Troops

so you buy SKorean cars and that helps the US---great logic there

Car, not cars. The other two are American since they were the best deal at the time.

And yep, the money I save on my payments goes back into the economy as I use it to buy other things and the money I save on gas goes back into the economy as well.

Very little is better for a thriving economy than the consumer making the choices and not the government telling us what to buy

so--let's add this up:
50,000 American lives---hundreds of thousands wounded
PLUS cost of Korean War
PLUS YEARLY cost of basing troops in SK
PLUS our trade deficit with SK/China
and we STILL have a trade DEFICIT with CHINA

so how are our troops in SK helping the US economically ???!!

what we are doing now has nothing to do with what we did then. When was the last time a US service member was killed in combat in Korea?

There is nothing wrong with having a trade deficit, we all have them in our every day lives and nobody thinks it is the end of the world.

We have trade deficits with those countries because they make things that we the people want to buy, and they can make them cheaper and often better than we can.

So, it helps us economically because I have more money to spend on other things that keep our economy moving since I saved money on things from there.

An example is one of my 3 vehicles is a nice little Kia sedan. When we were looking to replace a car with an small sedan for commuting back and forth to work nothing came close to the deal I got from Kia, which included a 9 year 110,000 mile warranty...bumper to bumper. The money I saved on that went back into the US economy as well. Fast forward to last year and we needed a 3rd car since we were giving our oldest one to my son, we this time bought a Ford since it was the best deal for a larger vehicle to use when traveling as well as back and forth to work.

This is the win for the US, we the consumer have choices, and the more choices the better.

You’re not well-versed in economics, are ya?

so--let's add this up:
PLUS cost of Korean War

what we are doing now has nothing to do with what we did then. When was the last time a US service member was killed in combat in Korea?

There is nothing wrong with having a trade deficit, we all have them in our every day lives and nobody thinks it is the end of the world.

We have trade deficits with those countries because they make things that we the people want to buy, and they can make them cheaper and often better than we can.

So, it helps us economically because I have more money to spend on other things that keep our economy moving since I saved money on things from there.

An example is one of my 3 vehicles is a nice little Kia sedan. When we were looking to replace a car with an small sedan for commuting back and forth to work nothing came close to the deal I got from Kia, which included a 9 year 110,000 mile warranty...bumper to bumper. The money I saved on that went back into the US economy as well. Fast forward to last year and we needed a 3rd car since we were giving our oldest one to my son, we this time bought a Ford since it was the best deal for a larger vehicle to use when traveling as well as back and forth to work.

This is the win for the US, we the consumer have choices, and the more choices the better.

you are well versed in idiocy

so--let's add this up:
PLUS cost of Korean War

you are well versed in idiocy

irony.jpg

Car, not cars. The other two are American since they were the best deal at the time.

And yep, the money I save on my payments goes back into the economy as I use it to buy other things and the money I save on gas goes back into the economy as well.

Very little is better for a thriving economy than the consumer making the choices and not the government telling us what to buy
except we have a trade DEFICIT with SK

so what. you have been brainwashed into thinking this is bad, but it really is not.

you have a trade deficit with your local grocery store, you give them nothing but money and they give you stuff in exchange.

if you have a job, your employer has a trade deficit with you, they give you money and all you ever give them is your time and effort.

i have a pretty hefty trade deficit with Best Buy and Amazon and it oddly enough gets larger the more money I make...

so--I ask again--
cost of the Korean war
cost of basing troops there every year
if those troops are based in the US--guess what!!??
the troops spend their $$ in the US
the US spends those BILLIONS for basing in the US and NOT SK
JESUS F CHRIST!! and you say it's good to keep troops there??!!

so what. you have been brainwashed into thinking this is bad, but it really is not.

you have a trade deficit with your local grocery store, you give them nothing but money and they give you stuff in exchange.

if you have a job, your employer has a trade deficit with you, they give you money and all you ever give them is your time and effort.

i have a pretty hefty trade deficit with Best Buy and Amazon and it oddly enough gets larger the more money I make...
please prove basing troops there helps the US

so--I ask again--
cost of the Korean war
cost of basing troops there every year
if those troops are based in the US--guess what!!??
the troops spend their $$ in the US
the US spends those BILLIONS for basing in the US and NOT SK
JESUS F CHRIST!! and you say it's good to keep troops there??!!

The cost of the Korean war is a sunk cost and has no bearing on what we do today, either pro or con.

The cost of basing troops there every year is an investment in keeping the influence of the US over the region.

most of those troops have families back home they send money to already.

We do not have the base infrastructure to house 30,000 more troops in the US.

It is not the sort of thing that can be proven, especially on an internet forum.

There is no way I can ever get you to see the strategic importance of SK as you have no frame of reference an no experience with such things.

All you know is that Trump wants them to pay more and that is a good thing. If next week he changes his mind that will be a good thing then.

It is not the sort of thing that can be proven, especially on an internet forum.

There is no way I can ever get you to see the strategic importance of SK as you have no frame of reference an no experience with such things.

All you know is that Trump wants them to pay more and that is a good thing. If next week he changes his mind that will be a good thing then.
ooooOOO--can't be proven--no kidding

.....we HAVE troops there and we HAVE a deficit with China---so how are the troops there helping the US?

...so Mr Trump wants the US to pay LESS for the troops--this is BAD??

ooooOOO--can't be proven--no kidding

.....we HAVE troops there and we HAVE a deficit with China---so how are the troops there helping the US?

...so Mr Trump wants the US to pay LESS for the troops--this is BAD??

There is no connection or correlation between the troops in SK and our trade with China. Two separate things that never interact.

The US government does not have a trade deficit with China, we the people do. We the people have chosen to buy things from China, that is called the free market and you people who pretend to be on the right used to support such things.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
This is Trump doing what he said he was going to do. It's about time we stopped supporting/protecting parts of the world on our dime.

Trump hikes prices tag for US forces in Korea almost 400% as Seoul fumes, frets - CNNPolitics

In other words - Trump wants U.S. troops out of South Korea so North Korea can invade. Not surprising.
So you want our troops spread throughout the world on our dime. Would you go as far as taking money out of welfare programs to pay for it?

This is Trump doing what he said he was going to do. It's about time we stopped supporting/protecting parts of the world on our dime.

Trump hikes prices tag for US forces in Korea almost 400% as Seoul fumes, frets - CNNPolitics

In other words - Trump wants U.S. troops out of South Korea so North Korea can invade. Not surprising.
So you want our troops spread throughout the world on our dime. Would you go as far as taking money out of welfare programs to pay for it?

I just love how all you people that have zero problem with our troops in the ME that are actually dying being there, but god forbid we have troops in somewhere like SK, a place that is already footing much of the bill for them being there.

Are you kidding? You can’t be this thick.

I just love how all you people that have zero problem with our troops in the ME that are actually dying being there, but god forbid we have troops in somewhere like SK, a place that is already footing much of the bill for them being there.
I would like for all our troops to be home. Liberals used to be for that too. Till Trump decided to start doing it.

The North Koreans taking Seoul will damage our economy much more than the $4B we stand to gain. An unsurprisingly stupid move by the blob

The North Koreans taking Seoul will damage our economy much more than the $4B we stand to gain. An unsurprisingly stupid move by the blob

We are not in SK to stop NK from invading, that is just dumb.

Our reasons for being there have 100 times more to do with China than NK.

The Mid East is just a giant hole we throw lives and money into. Pull the troops and end all foreign and military aid to all countries in the area

We are not in SK to stop NK from invading, that is just dumb.

Our reasons for being there have 100 times more to do with China than NK.
Bullshit
Our reason for being there is to protect:
  • POSCO.
  • Kia Motors. ...
  • Hyundai Mobis. ...
  • LG Chem. ...
  • Hyundai Heavy Industries. ...
  • Samsung Life Insurance. ...
  • Shinhan Financial Group. ...
  • SK Hynix
Let them pay for their protection

Forum List