This is the Face of Liberal Racism

They certainly did switch sides.
LOL. Yeah, they all got together and said "Hey, let's switch sides". Sure, buddy.

Democrats are no different today than they were when they first formed the KKK. They don't lynch black Republicans with a rope anymore, they lynch them in the media. Clarence Thomas is but one example. You'd like to rewrite history but you can't do it. Robert Byrd will be the albatross around your neck forever, and you'll be making excuses for why your party holds him in such high regard, enough to give him leadership positions in the party for his entire career. If there was any validity to your ridiculous claim about "switching sides" (lol), Robert Byrd would have been kicked out of the party before 1970. You racists own him, and you own the KKK.

There's no such thing as a "Democrat KKK". The Klan never had a political party.
Only every member of the Klan was a Democrat, since their objective was to terrorize Republicans.
Ku Klux Klan - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

You know better by now than to challenge me on this.

The Klan was founded on Christmas 1865 by Capt. John Lester, Capt. John B. Kennedy, James Crowe, Frank McCord, Richard Reed and Calvin Jones, in Jones' father's law office at 205 West Madison Street in Pulaski Tennessee.

All of the six were twentysomething ex-Confederate soldiers and zero of them had any known political affiliations. Moreover their stated purpose was a frivolous address of boredom and had nothing to do with elements that took it over from the six, elements made up of the "night riders" that had been already going on since the eighteenth century, before the United States existed as a country.

That Klan lasted less than a decade and would have been relegated to the historical scrapheap with literally dozens of similar vigilante groups that sprang up in the same era including Caucasian Club(s) (Louisiana 1869), Heroes of America (South Carolina), Knights of the Black Cross (Mississippi), Knights of the Rising Sun (Texas 1868), Knights of the White Camellia (Louisiana 1867-69), Knights of the White Carnation (Alabama), Native Sons of the South (Mississippi), Order of Pale Faces (Tennessee 1869 or 1867, Society of the White Rose (Mississippi) and the White League (Louisiana 1874) --- which was the organization commemorated in the "Liberty Place" monument that was recently removed by the City of New Orleans...

---------- if not for William J. "Colonel Joe" Simmons, who took a gaggle of guys who had lynched a Jew up Stone Mountain on Thanksgiving Day 1915 in a rented bus where they burned a cross and rekindled the ("Knights of the") Ku Klux Klan, which upon hiring a PR team became by far the largest and most pervasive iteration of the Klan.

Simmons was an ex-Methodist minister, salesman, huckster, drunk (ironic since his Klan was staunchly pro-Prohibition) and inveterate club-joiner who was looking to (and did) make money from membership fees. He too had no political affiliation.

As far as "every Klan member was a Democrat", already an absurd statement on its face as it ass-umes everybody in existence is even registered with a political party, I give you:

Owen Brewster -- Governor, Congresscritter and Joe McCarthy apologist. Klan and Republican.
Rice Means -- Senator, Colorado. Klan, Republican.
George Baker -- Mayor Portland Oregon. Klan, Republican.
4/5 of the City Council of Anaheim (1924) --- Klan, Republican
Clarence Morley -- Governor, Colorado. Klan, Republican
Ed Jackson -- Governor, Indiana. Klan, Republican.

Speaking of Ed Jackson and Indiana -- which accomplished the dubious feat of having the largest concentration of its population in the KKK:

Oh and also Charles Bowles, who won the mayoral election in Detroit, as a write-in. Agan, Klan, no party at all.

In Maine, Klan Republicans were opposed by anti-Klan Republicans, Maine being as overwhelmingly Republican as the "solid South" was Democrat. And in the South, Klan Democrats were opposed by anti-Klan Democrats.

The Klan supported, or opposed, Republicans, or Democrats, depending on what served its interest in that time and place. That is, when it dabbled in politics at all and wasn't going after drinkers, labor unions, blacks, Jews, Catholics, adulterers and in at least one case whipping a (white) woman for "not going to church".

So much for mythology.

Sure, pogo. The History Channel doesn't know what they're talking about. and you, a left wing sycophant who trolls the internet to spread his liberal propaganda, know more than they do. And yeah, they were all Democrats (unless you, being an idiot, think a Republican would join a group that was formed for the purpose of terrorizing Republicans).

I don't have an issue with the History Channel --- YOU do. That video I posted above is from the History Channel. Which demonstrates to me that you were afraid to watch it. The author describing D.C. Stephenson wrote a very good book on the Klan which is one of my many sources.

And no they were not "all Democrats", first of all there's no planet on which everybody has a political party, second, there's no record anywhere of Lester, Kennedy, Crowe, McCord, Reed, Jones or Simmons having any political affiliation at all. Third, I just gave you not one, not two, but ten Klan politicians none of whom were Democrats (9 Repub, one unaffiliated), not counting the lesser other Republicans in the History Channel video you don't dare watch. And those ten didn't even include this guy, the contemporary elephant in the room:

ecstatic-660x330.jpg

Hee hee --- "elephant in the room". I kill me. :rofl:

---- All of whom disprove your "all Klan were Democrats" bullshit. That's exactly why they're there.

So who were they, these Klanners, once the original six had lost control?

"Lifting the Klan mask [19th Century version] revealed a chaotic multitude of antiblack vigilante groups, disgruntled poor white farmers, wartime guerrilla bands, displaced Democratic politicians, illegal whiskey distillers, coercive moral reformers, bored young men, sadists, rapists, white workmen fearful of black competition, employers trying to enforce labor discipline, common thieves, neighbors with decades-old grudges, and even a few freedmen and white Republicans who allied with Democratic whites or had criminal agendas of their own." --- Elaine Frantz Parsons, Ku Klux: "The Birth of the Klan During Reconstruction" (UNC Press) p. 816

The (other) fact remains, Lester, Kennedy, Crowe, McCord, Reed and Jones never lynched, whipped or terrorized anybody. All they did was form a silly club out of boredom during a sleepy Christmas. And Simmons --- also no record of political activity or affiliation --- was simply a crass opportunist seeking to make money off the gullibles he could sucker in to buying a membership. Those were the purposes of forming the groups.

Again --- go ahead and try to prove any of that wrong.

Bonus track --- check this out, New York Times 1924

Screen-Shot-2016-02-29-at-10.20.58-AM.png

1924 would be about a decade before blacks did in fact bolt and migrate to the Democrats, where they've been as a bloc ever since. And oh yeah the Klan endorsed Coolidge that year.

That's from here: For Decades, the Klan Openly Endorsed Candidates for Political Office

Not really "decades" plural, just the 1920s. That little rape/murder thing by D.C. Stephenson described in the History Channel video you're so scared to watch took a lot of wind out of their sails. It didn't completely kkkill it, though. That would be up to Ellis Arnall, Franklin Roosevelt's IRS, and later Stetson Kennedy and Jim Folsom. Guess what political party they were all with. Oopsie.

Last edited:
Hee hee --- "elephant in the room". I kill me.
Hee hee, the elephant in the room is not David Duke, it's Robert Byre. Republicans didn't embrace him and make him their Senate Majority Leader like you did with Byrd. Republicans publicly rebuked Duke, Democrats publicly praised Byrd. Called him "The heart and soul of America". How touching.

Ch8RrwmUUAEexvu.jpg

They certainly did switch sides.
LOL. Yeah, they all got together and said "Hey, let's switch sides". Sure, buddy.

Democrats are no different today than they were when they first formed the KKK. They don't lynch black Republicans with a rope anymore, they lynch them in the media. Clarence Thomas is but one example. You'd like to rewrite history but you can't do it. Robert Byrd will be the albatross around your neck forever, and you'll be making excuses for why your party holds him in such high regard, enough to give him leadership positions in the party for his entire career. If there was any validity to your ridiculous claim about "switching sides" (lol), Robert Byrd would have been kicked out of the party before 1970. You racists own him, and you own the KKK.

There's evidence for exactly zero of that, from the first sentence to the last. No one known as a "Democrat" was involved in forming --- or re-forming the Klan. I gave you ALL the names, with exact dates and places. Go try to find some shred of evidence ---- you can't do it. I already know this.

What's more, kkklown, I knew this every time you tried to sell this bullshit before and I shot you down with the same info. It hasn't changed.

I have no "party". I belong to the largest political faction in this country --- "unaffiliated". What I do have is a library. And it trounces your bullshit time after time after time. And here you are trotting the same bullshit you trotted out before, expecting different results.

If there was NOT truth to my 'switching sides' analysis ------------- you wouldn't have deliberately cut that inconvenience out of my post. So you expose yourself right there.

Go ahead ---- come up with some kind of proof on ANY of that deeper than an ipse dixit. You can't do it.

Now go the fuck home.

No one known as a "Democrat" was involved in forming --- or re-forming the Klan.
Yeah, I'm sure they were all Republicans. They wanted to intimidate themselves into not running for office. Sure, pogo.
I have no "party". I belong to the largest political faction in this country --- "unaffiliated".
Right, you just spend all your time on the internet attacking Republicans and singing the praises of Democrats. I don't know (or care) what you're registered as but if it looks like a liberal, smells like a liberal, and slings shit like a liberal, then it's a liberal. Now go the fuck back to your plantation.

Forum List

Back