This is the sort of trash PD's hire....

Yes, some cops are bad but 90% is good.

I am not sure you can defend that. In fact, I think you’re way off the mark. First, we have to define what a “good cop” is. If we define it as someone who does not lie, cheat, steal, or plant evidence. We are not going to be seeing anywhere near that 90% threshold for “good”. We would be lucky to see 10%. If we are being honest that is.

Take the FBI. The most respected and professional Law Enforcement Agency in the world. Or something. We know they lied and obfuscated the truth when investigating Trump. We have the IG report for that. So Agents in Washington lied and did so regularly. In fact, the IG report showed that they had reviewed more than 20 FISA warrants from offices all over, and not one of the FISA warrant applications were truthful. Not one. So FBI agents everywhere are lying? That seems hard to believe.

But we look at some recent cases. The one against Laughlin and the College Bribery scandal. It turns out that the FBI encouraged their informant to lie. He reported that it would be a lie, and they not only told him to go on, but hid the documents that revealed it. Thus they lied, and they tried to hide the lie, refusing the exculpatory Evidence to the Defense. So more FBI agents, not involved in anything FISA related, lied.

But they were not alone. Remember the Bundy case? The blithering idiot who had the big standoff with the Feds? All charges dropped because the Agents were caught lying to the Court.

So FBI agents in every single office are lying to get their cases, and convictions. And these are the most esteemed Cops in the world right?

But that is totally different than the local cops. Some of whom are lucky enough to go and get trained by the FBI. Or something. We look at the cases, and we find lies, obfuscation, and flat assed bad police work.

A show is on Netflix now. It is called the Innocence Files. If you watch it, you can’t help but shake your head at the shoddy work, and flat assed railroad jobs done to the defendants. A “forensic Dentist” who matched the upper teeth to marks on the victim. Only there were no bottom teeth marks. So the defendant bit down, but not with his bottom teeth? What? How the hell do you consider that a match?

The Juror said that it was the evidence, coupled with the fact that there were no other suspects. Ok, so someone had to be held responsible, and this was the first guy we found? Really? The Forensic Dentist was furious that the “guilty“ had gotten off by DNA evidence in the appeal. Just because there was no DNA evidence didn’t prove a thing to him.

Cops can be corrupt and run the wrong guy into jail, and prison, and think they are doing the right thing. They can believe that all the Supreme Court nonsense is letting the guilty go free. So why not cut a few corners. So what if an innocent goes to jail, he probably did something. And we can’t let the guilty go free. So what if we catch some Dolphins in the net, we need the Tuna, and so what if some Dolphins get killed.

We know the FBI lies regularly. We know the local cops lie regularly, and if you are lying in the court, that is Perjury, and that is a felony in all fifty states. So how can the cops be good if they are committing felonies regularly?
I can assure you from being a former law enforcement officer I am correct.
A good cop uses compassion with common sense when enforcing the laws.
A good cop has integrity

I am sorry. But that does not pass the logic test. It is another case of who are you going to believe? Me or your lying eyes?

When a cop is caught planting drugs on camera. He is never alone. For some reason his report and the reports of the other cops always match. If as you claim one cop out of ten were in fact bad, then the bad cop would never dare to plant the drugs. He would be terrified of being found out.

If it was merely one in ten then Police Chiefs on both sides of the Country would never admit they had a problem with Testilying which is the Police Term for Police Perjury. That one cop would not dare to lie out of fear that the very first time he did it he would be caught.

Proverbs 28:1 would come in to play. The guilty flees when no one pursues.

If it were as you claim one bad cop out of ten, the bad cop caught lying would be drummed out in shame. Instead he is returned to the street. The incident covered up.

What makes sense is the self delusion of the police. The idea that they have to bend or break the rules to get the bad guy. The dog handler has to say the dog keyed on the car to justify a search. They won’t tell you how often such a key results in a false positive. Nor will the cop tell you what the key is before the search.

The cops lie. Common Sense? If that was the case nobody would have their property seized as part of Civil Asset Forfeiture. The cops would not be shouting stop resisting to people they have already rendered unconscious or in cuffs as they beat upon them more.

If it was merely one out of ten, the corrupt cop would be eliminated.
You've been watching way to many TV police shows SMH

I presume you mean the news.
Don't presume I meant exactly what I said

I am not sure you can defend that. In fact, I think you’re way off the mark. First, we have to define what a “good cop” is. If we define it as someone who does not lie, cheat, steal, or plant evidence. We are not going to be seeing anywhere near that 90% threshold for “good”. We would be lucky to see 10%. If we are being honest that is.

Take the FBI. The most respected and professional Law Enforcement Agency in the world. Or something. We know they lied and obfuscated the truth when investigating Trump. We have the IG report for that. So Agents in Washington lied and did so regularly. In fact, the IG report showed that they had reviewed more than 20 FISA warrants from offices all over, and not one of the FISA warrant applications were truthful. Not one. So FBI agents everywhere are lying? That seems hard to believe.

But we look at some recent cases. The one against Laughlin and the College Bribery scandal. It turns out that the FBI encouraged their informant to lie. He reported that it would be a lie, and they not only told him to go on, but hid the documents that revealed it. Thus they lied, and they tried to hide the lie, refusing the exculpatory Evidence to the Defense. So more FBI agents, not involved in anything FISA related, lied.

But they were not alone. Remember the Bundy case? The blithering idiot who had the big standoff with the Feds? All charges dropped because the Agents were caught lying to the Court.

So FBI agents in every single office are lying to get their cases, and convictions. And these are the most esteemed Cops in the world right?

But that is totally different than the local cops. Some of whom are lucky enough to go and get trained by the FBI. Or something. We look at the cases, and we find lies, obfuscation, and flat assed bad police work.

A show is on Netflix now. It is called the Innocence Files. If you watch it, you can’t help but shake your head at the shoddy work, and flat assed railroad jobs done to the defendants. A “forensic Dentist” who matched the upper teeth to marks on the victim. Only there were no bottom teeth marks. So the defendant bit down, but not with his bottom teeth? What? How the hell do you consider that a match?

The Juror said that it was the evidence, coupled with the fact that there were no other suspects. Ok, so someone had to be held responsible, and this was the first guy we found? Really? The Forensic Dentist was furious that the “guilty“ had gotten off by DNA evidence in the appeal. Just because there was no DNA evidence didn’t prove a thing to him.

Cops can be corrupt and run the wrong guy into jail, and prison, and think they are doing the right thing. They can believe that all the Supreme Court nonsense is letting the guilty go free. So why not cut a few corners. So what if an innocent goes to jail, he probably did something. And we can’t let the guilty go free. So what if we catch some Dolphins in the net, we need the Tuna, and so what if some Dolphins get killed.

We know the FBI lies regularly. We know the local cops lie regularly, and if you are lying in the court, that is Perjury, and that is a felony in all fifty states. So how can the cops be good if they are committing felonies regularly?
A good cop has integrity

I am sorry. But that does not pass the logic test. It is another case of who are you going to believe? Me or your lying eyes?

When a cop is caught planting drugs on camera. He is never alone. For some reason his report and the reports of the other cops always match. If as you claim one cop out of ten were in fact bad, then the bad cop would never dare to plant the drugs. He would be terrified of being found out.

If it was merely one in ten then Police Chiefs on both sides of the Country would never admit they had a problem with Testilying which is the Police Term for Police Perjury. That one cop would not dare to lie out of fear that the very first time he did it he would be caught.

If it were as you claim one bad cop out of ten, the bad cop caught lying would be drummed out in shame. Instead he is returned to the street. The incident covered up.

What makes sense is the self delusion of the police. The idea that they have to bend or break the rules to get the bad guy. The dog handler has to say the dog keyed on the car to justify a search. They won’t tell you how often such a key results in a false positive. Nor will the cop tell you what the key is before the search.

The cops lie. Common Sense? If that was the case nobody would have their property seized as part of Civil Asset Forfeiture. The cops would not be shouting stop resisting to people they have already rendered unconscious or in cuffs as they beat upon them more.

Multiple cops all telling the same story. None of which was true. How in the hell did they manage to get the one out of ten bad cops all sent to the same call? I mean the odds would have to be pretty long wouldn’t they? And how is this a persistent problem when the good cops outnumber the bad cops by nine to one?

Five cops all telling the same story. No one countering it. How the deuce they managed to get the one bad cop out of ten five times is almost miraculous.

I do not understand. Do these one bad cops all have a secret sign or code word? How do they know the others will lie to back them up? How can they risk lying if the odds are stacked against them so heavily?
That in no way negates what I have said

A good cop has integrity

Multiple cops all telling the same story. None of which was true. How in the hell did they manage to get the one out of ten bad cops all sent to the same call? I mean the odds would have to be pretty long wouldn’t they? And how is this a persistent problem when the good cops outnumber the bad cops by nine to one?

Five cops all telling the same story. No one countering it. How the deuce they managed to get the one bad cop out of ten five times is almost miraculous.

I do not understand. Do these one bad cops all have a secret sign or code word? How do they know the others will lie to back them up? How can they risk lying if the odds are stacked against them so heavily?

Example after example exists. Yet you deny the truth we all see. Then the cops wonder why people have a sour attitude towards them. Personally I wouldn’t trust a cop if he said Night was Dark and day was Light.

A good cop has integrity

Example after example exists. Yet you deny the truth we all see. Then the cops wonder why people have a sour attitude towards them. Personally I wouldn’t trust a cop if he said Night was Dark and day was Light.
I know and like a lot of cops on a personal level, I just don't like their profession. And I always remember that they are willing to kill me in order to collect their paychecks. I had the same thing in the Army; many soldiers were cool guys....... cool guys who would not hesitate to drop artillery on your house if their boss told them too.

It's a weird thing.

A good cop has integrity

sure thing plenty of examples on reruns of NYPD BLUES, Hillstreet Blues, Chicago PD, or SWAT stop watching the garbage

A good cop has integrity

sure thing plenty of examples on reruns of NYPD BLUES, Hillstreet Blues, Chicago PD, or SWAT stop watching the garbage

Except I don’t watch those shows. I read and watch the news. It paints a far worse picture of police than any fiction. Odd how you haven’t addressed those sources. Odd that the news stories are ignored?

A good cop has integrity

Except I don’t watch those shows. I read and watch the news. It paints a far worse picture of police than any fiction. Odd how you haven’t addressed those sources. Odd that the news stories are ignored?

How many thousands of law enforcement officers do you suppose there are? Again you aren't refuting what I have stated. You're trying but falling short.

A good cop has integrity

How many thousands of law enforcement officers do you suppose there are? Again you aren't refuting what I have stated. You're trying but falling short.

Ok, you said that only 10% of the cops were ”bad“. So take one of the earlier posts. There were five cops, from two different departments. The arrest was on the border between two cities. Five cops, from two different departments. All five wrote identical reports. All five testified exactly the same. All five were shown by the video to be lying. Now, how do you manage with odds of 90% against to get the five bad cops all together? Somewhere there were supposedly 45 good cops, who just happened to be elsewhere. So how did those five from two different departments manage to tell identical stories? Did the one bad cop convince the other four to lie? Was it a conspiracy to commit perjury?

A good cop has integrity

Ok, you said that only 10% of the cops were ”bad“. So take one of the earlier posts. There were five cops, from two different departments. The arrest was on the border between two cities. Five cops, from two different departments. All five wrote identical reports. All five testified exactly the same. All five were shown by the video to be lying. Now, how do you manage with odds of 90% against to get the five bad cops all together? Somewhere there were supposedly 45 good cops, who just happened to be elsewhere. So how did those five from two different departments manage to tell identical stories? Did the one bad cop convince the other four to lie? Was it a conspiracy to commit perjury?
Holy shit dude, you're not making your argument to win but making my argument for me. How many Thousand of law enforcement officers are there? Your source said hundreds of police officers their are close to a million nation wide.

A good cop has integrity

Holy shit dude, you're not making your argument to win but making my argument for me. How many Thousand of law enforcement officers are there? Your source said hundreds of police officers their are close to a million nation wide.

Answer the question. How did 5 out of fifty using your numbers, all happen to be the bad cops? Or is a good cop one who makes sure the evidence is admitted, and the guilty gets punished?

I don't see how cops can be held responsible for this. If you got two alleged constitutional scholars together, lets say Obama and Barr, Obama would blame the cop and Barr would blame the cops boss. So if two supposedly trained lawyers can't figure it out, why should we expect cops to. The way law works today, the correct answer is there is no correct answer. Making cops the scapegoat for obeying their bosses orders is wrong. The whole sting operation was wrong.

The Fourth Nuremberg Principle certainly applies here.

The Constitution is absolutely and explicitly clear, regarding certain rights, and there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for any office to be unclear about these rights. An officer cannot credibly claim not to know that an act which blatantly violates a citizen's Constitutional rights is absolutely illegal, and “I was just following orders” is no excuse for committing such an illegal act and abuse of his power.

They wouldn't have done this had someone not called and told them about it. The real piece of shit is the neighbor who snitched.

There's blame to go around.

I could call the cops and complain that my next-door neighbor is practicing a religion that I don't like, or expressing a political view with which I disagree.

Yes, if I did that, then that would make me a subhuman piece of shit.

Any cop with any vestige of sense would disregard any such complaint from me or anyone else. After all, in this country, it is not illegal to adhere to any religion, or to hold and express any opinion; in fact, these are rights explicitly affirmed and protected under the First Amendment.

So, if I make such a complaint, even if it is true, it's still none of the cops' damn business, and they have no authority whatsoever to do anything about it. If a cop did show up and arrest my neighbor, as a result of such a complain from me, then I'm still a piece of shit for having made the complaint, but now, so is the cop for acting on it, and worse, the cop is now a criminal, for violating my neighbor's Constitutional rights, and arresting him for something that was never illegal.

..if you are not doing anything wrong. 99.9999999% of the time the cops don't have the time to harass you

The big problem is how broadly we are allowing “doing anything wrong” to be defined.

When legitimately exercising a right which the Constitution explicitly and absolutely affirms, and forbids government from violating, constitutes “doing anything wrong”, for purposes of enabling agents of the government to harass, arrest, or otherwise molest us, then a line has been cross, that we should never have allowed even to be approached.

Cops have guns and can get backup with guns. Unless one has a death wish compliance is the safest way to go. You can see them in court later.

That's one of the main purposes of the Second Amendment, to insure that we, too, can have guns.

The idea of armed government thugs being able to prey on unarmed citizens would have been anathema to the wise men who founded this nation.

Cops have guns and can get backup with guns. Unless one has a death wish compliance is the safest way to go. You can see them in court later.

That's one of the main purposes of the Second Amendment, to insure that we, too, can have guns.

The idea of armed government thugs being able to prey on unarmed citizens would have been anathema to the wise men who founded this nation.
I agree with that. I was referring to getting in a cop's face when stopped and unarmed and unmolested by that cop. I probably was not clear on that.

Forum List

Back