This is what life under democrat rule looks like

aiZwaWQ9QXBp
said by a racist democrat. LOL

jails are run by localities, and are for people awaiting trial or sentencing.....prisons are run by the State or Federal Govt and are for people serving their sentences.

Sure, there might be people that are serving time that get new charges, that are in prison....there also might be people with rather short sentences that never leave the jail...but in general that's the difference.

I'm done arguing semantics when everyone knows the words jail and prison are interchangeable in common usage

Locked up is locked up is doesn't really matter where

Impossible to prove. Of course they're going to talk it down, but they can't ignore the fact when it was used, crime and violent crime decreased. They just don't want to give credit to the methods used. Within a few years after it ended, crime went right back up again. All coincidence, huh?
Not impossible to prove as the study I linked has shown.

And Stop and frisk had a negligible effect it was the increased police presence overall that was the most effective deterrent.

It’s not close enough when you consider the disproportion among blacks. The true metric for that phenomena (fatherlessness) is obfuscated either by race conjecture or attempts to drown it in the overall numbers.

Yes generational poverty; segregation and systemic racism take their toll on people.

If you subject any people no matter the color of their skin to the same conditions you will see the same result

Yes generational poverty; segregation and systemic racism take their toll on people.

If you subject any people no matter the color of their skin to the same conditions you will see the same result

No you won't. People come here from other countries and find the American dream with hard work and dedication to success. Yes, they work night and day, seven days a week, but they exceed most black people in our country today. These people of color grew up poor, and I don't mean poor like a big screen television, enough food to make you fat for life, and living in the suburbs on taxpayer dime. They laugh at what we consider poor or underprivileged.

My father could tell you stories about growing up that would make you cry. No indoor plumbing, no electricity, and freezing and starving in the winter time here up north. He nor any of his five siblings ever spent a a day in jail or prison. Most served in the Korean war or WWII, got out of the service, and learned construction trades so they could raise a family. Generational poverty only made them try harder.

Not impossible to prove as the study I linked has shown.

And Stop and frisk had a negligible effect it was the increased police presence overall that was the most effective deterrent.

That's an opinion and not a fact. The fact is after stop and frisk ended, crime began to increase once again in a matter of a few years once word got around to the lowlifes.

No you won't. People come here from other countries and find the American dream with hard work and dedication to success. Yes, they work night and day, seven days a week, but they exceed most black people in our country today. These people of color grew up poor, and I don't mean poor like a big screen television, enough food to make you fat for life, and living in the suburbs on taxpayer dime. They laugh at what we consider poor or underprivileged.

My father could tell you stories about growing up that would make you cry. No indoor plumbing, no electricity, and freezing and starving in the winter time here up north. He nor any of his five siblings ever spent a a day in jail or prison. Most served in the Korean war or WWII, got out of the service, and learned construction trades so they could raise a family. Generational poverty only made them try harder.
Blues Man is a bigot of low expectations for black people

To hear him tell it they arent capable of competing with asians and whites because of past racism

Those people are still were not treated like Blacks have been for many generations.

You can keep trying to deny it but that won't make you right. The fact is a White immigrant was still treated better than a Black citizen

Even as poor as you claim your parents were they were not shut out of the housing market or forced into segregated neighborhoods.

You need to actually read some history and study some sociology so you'll have more than anecdotes.

Those people are still were not treated like Blacks have been for many generations.

You can keep trying to deny it but that won't make you right. The fact is a White immigrant was still treated better than a Black citizen

Even as poor as you claim your parents were they were not shut out of the housing market or forced into segregated neighborhoods.

You need to actually read some history and study some sociology so you'll have more than anecdotes.

Yeah, well how long are we going to hang on to that 50 year old excuse? 75 years? 100 years? 150 years?

I grew up in the 60's and 70's. Blacks went to the same schools I went to. Blacks had the ability to graduate high school like I did. Blacks had the same opportunities for jobs (and even an advantage in some cases) as I did. Blacks had the ability to stay away from crime and drugs like I did. Blacks had the same ability to invest their money like I did.

So where is this disadvantage you speak of? I've never seen it.

San Francisco Police - "This is under investigation"

What that actually means.... "Our mayor and governor has passed legislation making it basically useless to arrest people for theft, so nothing is going to happen.

Yeah, well how long are we going to hang on to that 50 year old excuse? 75 years? 100 years? 150 years?

I grew up in the 60's and 70's. Blacks went to the same schools I went to. Blacks had the ability to graduate high school like I did. Blacks had the same opportunities for jobs (and even an advantage in some cases) as I did. Blacks had the ability to stay away from crime and drugs like I did. Blacks had the same ability to invest their money like I did.

So where is this disadvantage you speak of? I've never seen it.
Typical response.

Which just illustrates you do not understand the long term effects of such treatment. You seem to trust he system because it worked in your favor for your entire life but the cultural mistrust of White institutions that has been ingrained in Black culture is real even if you think it isn't.

A white guy walking into a bank with 100K in cash wouldn't be looked at as having gotten that money illegally but you damn well know a Black guy with that kind of cash would be assumed to have gotten that money in some sort of illegal fashion.

Typical response.

Which just illustrates you do not understand the long term effects of such treatment. You seem to trust he system because it worked in your favor for your entire life but the cultural mistrust of White institutions that has been ingrained in Black culture is real even if you think it isn't.

A white guy walking into a bank with 100K in cash wouldn't be looked at as having gotten that money illegally but you damn well know a Black guy with that kind of cash would be assumed to have gotten that money in some sort of illegal fashion.

Uhhh, I guess that wouldn't have anything to do with blacks leading every other race in crime and violent crime in this country, would it?

After blacks invaded my suburb, eventually all the major stores closed down, and it wasn't because they didn't like black people. It was because between the robberies and shoplifting, they had no choice but to close.

Nice dodge though. I knew you wouldn't address my question because you can't. Because even you know that most people alive today black or white never faced any kind of setbacks due to their race; they had the exact same opportunities as I had.

Uhhh, I guess that wouldn't have anything to do with blacks leading every other race in crime and violent crime in this country, would it?

After blacks invaded my suburb, eventually all the major stores closed down, and it wasn't because they didn't like black people. It was because between the robberies and shoplifting, they had no choice but to close.

Nice dodge though. I knew you wouldn't address my question because you can't. Because even you know that most people alive today black or white never faced any kind of setbacks due to their race; they had the exact same opportunities as I had.

But you refuse to consider the reasons for the behavior other than the color of their skin.

Blacks are far more likely to get arrested for the same crimes that Whites get a pass on.

For the same crimes a Black man will get more time than a White man

Blacks get paid less for the same jobs than White people

Schools in minority neighborhoods are grossly underfunded and poorly run.

These are actual facts

I'm done arguing semantics when everyone knows the words jail and prison are interchangeable in common usage

Locked up is locked up is doesn't really matter where
no they aren’t interchangeable…they are two different things

don’t get mad…use this as a learning opportunity

no they aren’t interchangeable…they are two different things

don’t get mad…use this as a learning opportunity
In any everyday conversation the two words are used interchangeably.

And I'm not mad just a bit frustrated at the nit picking you people want to engage in

Forum List

Back