This Is Who Americans Are

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Great example for all.

When a distraught woman pulled up to a coffee shop drive-thru window last week, the employees were there to give her much more than just a hot cup of java.

An employee taking orders from cars waiting in line on March 18 at Dutch Bros. Coffee on 138th Avenue in Vancouver, Washington, had spoken to the emotional woman and learned her husband had just died at 37 years old. When the woman pulled up to the window to get her order, employee Pierce Dunn, 19, gave her a free coffee and asked if he could pray for her after hearing about her loss.
image.jpeg

Coffee shop employees console grieving widow at drive-thru: 'It's like time stood still'

That's awesome. Thanks for posting.

On two occasions in my life, when I was feeling at my lowest, I got down on my knees and prayed harder than I ever prayed.

It's the kind of praying that you only do once or twice a lifetime, and it must be done with a complete abandonment of what you want and a complete submission to God's will.

And, on both occasions, my prayer was answered.

On the first occasion I was asking a question, which was how I can save my marriage, and God gave me the answer. The answer was hard, but I followed through.

On the second occasion, I asked God to lift me out of darkness, and at the moment I asked, the darkness was lifted, and never fell upon me again.

It is a complete act of humility to pray this way, and you can't force it. I hope that other people on this forum will understand what I'm talking about, and share their prayer stories.

I once told a priest that I was angry with God.

The priest told me it was ok to be angry with God, he can take it.

I have one prayer, that I've prayed over and over, and yet it has not been given to me what I ask for.

I do not know why God does not answer this prayer.

Sometimes I have left Church in the middle of Mass because I was so angry at God.

And now, I hardly go to Mass at all, partially for this, but also because I am angry about the scandal, and also because I am a spiritually lazy person who would rather sleep in on a Sunday morning than go to Mass.

Lent is almost over, and this is the season to seek reconciliation with God. I think I will check my parish schedule and see when I can go to confession.

I always feel good after confession, and I should go more often. It is comforting to hear the priest tell me that all is forgiven. It's like your soul is wiped clean, and even though you know you will sin again, it is still nice to have a clean slate for awhile.

It is the christian culture and traditional values in this still great country.
In a muslim one the sad woman would be additionally gang-raped by personal.

I once told a priest that I was angry with God.

The priest told me it was ok to be angry with God, he can take it.

I have one prayer, that I've prayed over and over, and yet it has not been given to me what I ask for.

I do not know why God does not answer this prayer.

Sometimes I have left Church in the middle of Mass because I was so angry at God.

And now, I hardly go to Mass at all, partially for this, but also because I am angry about the scandal, and also because I am a spiritually lazy person who would rather sleep in on a Sunday morning than go to Mass.

Lent is almost over, and this is the season to seek reconciliation with God. I think I will check my parish schedule and see when I can go to confession.

I always feel good after confession, and I should go more often. It is comforting to hear the priest tell me that all is forgiven. It's like your soul is wiped clean, and even though you know you will sin again, it is still nice to have a clean slate for awhile.
I don't know and don't need to know what "the scandal" is, just remember to keep separate what people do versus what God does. If the actions of people make you angry with God, you're looking at people and not upwards.

And yes, questioning and even anger at God is healthy. In fact, the definition of Israel is to struggle with God.

Thanks for your posts.

Forum List

Back