This is why Americans elect terrible people to represent us

Most people vote with their hearts; not with their minds. Obama was elected because he was a smooth talking half black. He was not vetted - he was not qualified for the position.

That is why all republics are doomed; the dumb outnumber the smart, the weak, the strong.

Actually people really do vote with their wallets and Obama was elected in a backlash against a failed administration who took us into two unnecessary wars with a final approval rating for Bush of just 22%.

Pay attention.

Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent - CBS News

So I looked at the poll questions and the results, and some very interesting things come to light.

As pointed out in the OP, only three quarters of Americans think the Earth revolves around the Sun. Horrible, right?

But guess what? Only two thirds of Europeans think so!

See for yourself:
Science and Engineering Indicators 2012 - Table 7-9. Correct answers to factual knowledge questions in physical and biological sciences, by country/region: Most recent year

An earlier survey of the same questions: http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind06/append/c7/at07-10.pdf.

If you look at the other questions on the survey, we do better than all other countries on several of them.

So what this topic has ironically demonstrated is how something can be taken out of context to skew your opinions.

Last edited:
Most people vote with their hearts; not with their minds. Obama was elected because he was a smooth talking half black. He was not vetted - he was not qualified for the position.

That is why all republics are doomed; the dumb outnumber the smart, the weak, the strong.

Actually people really do vote with their wallets and Obama was elected in a backlash against a failed administration who took us into two unnecessary wars with a final approval rating for Bush of just 22%.

Pay attention.

Bush definately faciliated the election of Obama. Nevertheless, my assertions are true.

So I looked at the poll questions and the results, and some very interesting things come to light.

As pointed out in the OP, only three quarters of Americans think the Earth revolves around the Sun. Horrible, right?

But guess what? Only two thirds of Europeans think so!

See for yourself:
Science and Engineering Indicators 2012 - Table 7-9. Correct answers to factual knowledge questions in physical and biological sciences, by country/region: Most recent year

An earlier survey of the same questions: http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind06/append/c7/at07-10.pdf.

If you look at the other questions on the survey, we do better than all other countries on several of them.

So what this topic has ironically demonstrated is how something can be taken out of context to skew your opinions.

How is it out of context? I don't give a damn how stupid Europeans are. They don't get to vote here......yet

Pay attention.

Bush definately faciliated the election of Obama. Nevertheless, my assertions are true.

During the primaries, when Democrats considered the implications of a Bush followed by a Clinton followed by a Bush followed by a Clinton, they decided to go with the new guy. Hillary might have pulled it off, but she made some key strategic blunders early in the race.

Because of Bush, the American people were going to elect a Democrat whether that Democrat was white, black, purple, green, or blue.

Nope. Obama was elected because Bush was a catastrophic failure and the economy was in full meltdown.

Obama's election was facilitated by the simple fact that Bush respected the U.S. Constitution and accepted that he could not run for a third term.

Now we might hope that the current occupant of The White House has similar respect though there is little in evidence to suggest that.

Nope. Obama was elected because Bush was a catastrophic failure and the economy was in full meltdown.

Obama's election was facilitated by the simple fact that Bush respected the U.S. Constitution and accepted that he could not run for a third term.

Now we might hope that the current occupant of The White House has similar respect though there is little in evidence to suggest that.

Bush demonstrated several times that he did not respect the Constitution.

And if Bush had run for a third term, Obama would have won by an even larger margin than he had over McCain.

And if Bush had run for a third term, Obama would have won by an even larger margin than he had over McCain.

Ah, so you believe Bush had the same level of respect of The Constitution as does your New Messiah but Bush lost to Obama fair and square!

All that said, it is not inconceivable that McCain, being slightly to the left of where Obama was perceived to be in 2008, might have been even worse for America. Hey, folks voted for the lesser of evils and got precisely what they voted for. Evil.

1 in 4 Americans Don't Know Earth Orbits the Sun. Yes, Really. : Discovery News

That's right, 25% of us are complete and utter morons. I wish they also polled ideology with polls like this. I would bet 80% or more are left or left leaning.

You can now stop posting threads asking why America is so messed up.

The right has the people that believe the Earth is 8000 years old and deny CO2 in the atmosphere causes warming...

...and the left has all those "darn liberal universities and colleges" and you're saying the left are the ones that can't figure out the Sun and Earth?

Let's ask Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Steve King, or Paul Broun some scientific questions and see how well they do.

Ask Your New Messiah how many states there are and see how well He does.

Ask Your New Messiah why you can't have your old-favorite health insurance plan and see how well He does.

Ah, so you believe Bush had the same level of respect of The Constitution as does your New Messiah but Bush lost to Obama fair and square!

All that said, it is not inconceivable that McCain, being slightly to the left of where Obama was perceived to be in 2008, might have been even worse for America. Hey, folks voted for the lesser of evils and got precisely what they voted for. Evil.

You are just digging your hole even deeper. I have zero respect for Obama. So your assumption he is my "New Messiah" is pretty hilarious.

Obama merely took the Constitution-bashing baton that was given to him by Bush. All the abusive powers which Obama now wields were created by Bush and the GOP Congress.

Bush would have lost to Obama by a greater margin than McCain because Bush was much more unpopular than McCain. And rightly so.

And I am the one who has been saying on this forum for a long time that when you vote for the lesser of two evils you are still voting for evil. Thanks for flattering me by using that.

Last edited:

Let's get something straight. President Obama was probably the most vetted president in history. Do you really believe Hillary Clinton did not have a team of the best legal minds in the country researching Obama's background for something to use against him? What about the McCain election committee? Do you really think they did not spend a ton of money to find something on Obama? How about the RNC, do you really think they did not also have a team of lawyers looking into Obama's background? Those aside, do you think the Koch brothers and other wealthy republicans did not spend funds to research Obama? Hell, even Donald Trump had a team researching Obama. And after all that research by some of the best researchers in the nation they ALL came up empty!
The reason the republicans lost the first time was because of palin. Other than the nutcases on the far right no one wanted to take a chance on having an air head a heart beat away from the presidency. They lost the second time because they nominated a billionaire who was totally out of touch with "47%" of Americans. A problem for me is having to feed and shelter my family. A problem for Romney was his car elevator not working properly. Bottom line is that the Romney was out of touch with America.
And who is your Great White Hope now? Christie! In case you aren't keeping score he is now under investigation by 3 federal committees and one New Jersey committee. Good luck with Christie. That leaves you with paul and cruz. If that is the best you have expect a Democratic White House until at least 2020.

I hope you are not suggesting that Bush would have been elected for a third time. His numbers were in the toilet when he left. 29 percent or something like that....

I hope you are not suggesting that Bush would have been elected for a third time. His numbers were in the toilet when he left. 29 percent or something like that....

No, not at all. Bush finished out his constitutionally allowed number of terms and left gracefully.

Had he the same respect for The U.S. Constitution as does the current "president" then he would naturally, nay, gleefully(!) have run for a third term. Now whether or not he might have won does not enter into how one measures relative respect for the document that underlies all our freedoms.

I think it's a semantic problem. In Ebonics that word "underlies" has a different meaning. Not that it's the document supporting and protecting our freedoms. Rather something that has come to lie under a vast pile of shit.

Forum List

Back