This is Why We Don't Need States Rights

Yes the states came back together to create what we now call the federal govt, because the articles weren’t working

What’s your point? Doesn’t change the fact the states created the federal govt
It means that government was centralized and that centralized authority superceded state power.

It means that government was centralized and that centralized authority superceded state power.
Haha the constitution didn’t centralize power. It created federalism. Power is shared, and the federal govt was created by the states

The federal govt has limited powers, which our outlined in Art 1 Sect 8

I live in Chicago and my brother is friends with the officer involved. We haven't been on speaking terms for 7 years. There is no "other side of the coin" in that case. Laquan was 17 years old, and there was no good reason to pump 16 rounds into him, 10 of which when he was on the ground.

While what is happening in Palestine is in fact a horrible thing, it's also not really our problem. These people have been fighting since antiquity.
"These people" have been fighting since antiquity - well haven't all people on the globe been doing just that?
As long as the USA "unconditionally" supports Israel aka Zionist policies, it is YOUR problem indeed, since the USA is a major factor in having caused this issue in the first place.

As for "shootings", killings in the USA that involve Negros or whoever - there will never be a "satisfying" solution. Simply because these Ghetto or Ghetto-like issues have caused the situation of even "children" or teenagers being drawn into, or even attracted by these criminal gangs from the day of their birth. Due to numerous police-officers having been the victims of violence - (especially by gang or gang inspired Negros, who knowingly recruit and make use of youngsters) are confronted daily with these criminal issues, it is sadly understood that this US gun-mentality prevails on both sides.

In what country do you live? - Nigeria? Zimbabwe?

This power-sharing form of government is the opposite of "centralized" governments, under which a national government maintains total power. In it, certain powers are given to states if it is not a matter of overarching concern to the nation.

The 10th Amendment to the Constitution outlines the structure of federalism in just 28 words:
“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

"These people" have been fighting since antiquity - well haven't all people on the globe been doing just that?
As long as the USA "unconditionally" supports Israel aka Zionist policies, it is YOUR problem indeed, since the USA is a major factor in having caused this issue in the first place.

I try to avoid talking to you because you are kind of a nut. But, no, a bunch of assholes on the other side of the planet fighting over who an imaginary sky fairy gave a strip of desert to isn't my problem. I don't like it because of my disdain for religion in general, but it has little effect on my life.

As for "shootings", killings in the USA that involve Negros or whoever - there will never be a "satisfying" solution. Simply because these Ghetto or Ghetto-like issues have caused the situation of even "children" or teenagers being drawn into, or even attracted by these criminal gangs from the day of their birth. Due to numerous police-officers having been the victims of violence - (especially by gang or gang inspired Negros, who knowingly recruit and make use of youngsters) are confronted daily with these criminal issues, it is sadly understood that this US gun-mentality prevails on both sides.

Um, no, wrong on all counts.

First, violence against officers is relatively rare. Only about 45 officers a year are shot in the line of duty, and not all of them in "ghettos". This is tragic, of course, but we have decided that a misinterpretation of the Militia Amendment means that any asshole who wants a gun can have one, so we need to suck it up. 19,000 Americans a year are murdered with guns, 45 of them happen to be police officers. We've decided this is acceptable because we love, love, love our guns. Or at least a certain segment of the population does.

What is unacceptable is that we have unarmed black people- some of them children - being killed by police because someone who never should have been given a badge or a gun was out on the street with a badge or a gun. The police kill 1000 people a year. This is way too many compared to other industrialized democracies. But it becomes particularly egregious when it's an unarmed person being shot by a cop over a petty offense or no offense at all, such as Tamir Rice (Playing with a toy), Laquan Mcdonald (breaking into a truck to keep warm), Mike Brown (Jaywalking or shoplifting, depending what lie the cop was telling that day), Walter Scott (driving while black), Jean Botham (minding his own business, sitting in his living room).

Forum List

Back