this is why you KILL people with knives

white black yellow green--it doesn't matter what RACE they are
this isn't a fairytale land--but a land with HUMANS who are idiots/jackasses/dangerous
Shoot me,’ Hong yells, before charging at Harrison again, grabbing him by the shoulders and appearing to reach for the officer’s gun.

Heart-stopping body cam footage shows the two Georgia police officers killing knife wielding man | Daily Mail Online

Hmm. What ever happened to tasers, rubber bullets, or even a simple baseball bat? Whatever happened to mace or a shotgun blast to the knees? Not to mention basic martial combat fighting techniques? Officers had no choice? I guar an damn tee you that give me a bat and come at me with as knife---- any knife, and you're going to get busted wide open, your arm broken and that knife knocked out of your hands before you touch me.

I guess today's cop means zero risk, zero training. Any issue at all, just shoot to kill. That way, they can give any old schmuck a badge.

this isn't a fairytale land--but a land with HUMANS who are idiots/jackasses/dangerous
Shoot me,’ Hong yells, before charging at Harrison again, grabbing him by the shoulders and appearing to reach for the officer’s gun.

Heart-stopping body cam footage shows the two Georgia police officers killing knife wielding man | Daily Mail Online

Hmm. What ever happened to tasers, rubber bullets, or even a simple baseball bat? Whatever happened to mace or a shotgun blast to the knees? Not to mention basic martial combat fighting techniques? Officers had no choice? I guar an damn tee you that give me a bat and come at me with as knife---- any knife, and you're going to get busted wide open, your arm broken and that knife knocked out of your hands before you touch me.

I guess today's cop means zero risk, zero training. Any issue at all, just shoot to kill. That way, they can give any old schmuck a badge.

a knife vs a tazer?
so you want it to be more even for the jackass criminals?
..you get one swing with the bat and if you miss you are dead

a knife vs a tazer?

Tasers can immobilize at a considerable distance, unless you have throwing skills, knives must be used at short range.
And apparently you don't know how to use a bat. I do.
If I swing a bat at you, you're going down.
I have martial and combat training. Apparently cops do not.
And I won't even get into using nunchuckos or staffs.
Shooting that guy wasn't "necessary."
This is just our new modern lazy policing.
That guy WANTED to be killed.
  • Answer call.
  • Issue orders.
  • Shoot upon noncompliance or first sign of danger.
  • Call for wagon to get body.
  • Move on to next call.
  • Justify shooting as "principle agent was danger to officer and community."

a knife vs a tazer?

Tasers can immobilize at a considerable distance, unless you have throwing skills, knives must be used at short range.
  • Answer call.
  • Issue orders.
  • Mover on to next call.

I ask again, you want the criminals to have a better chance?
you are NOT Chuck Norris/TJ Hooker/James Bond
this is NOT the movies/TV
police are NOT doctors
MOST importantly, these situations are DYNAMIC
dy·nam·ic
/dīˈnamik/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress.
    "a dynamic economy"

They always label these body cam shots as "chilling" or "disturbing".

a knife vs a tazer?

• Answer call.
  • Issue orders.
  • Mover on to next call.

This guy wasn't a criminal. What law had he broken?
Cops are also constables on patrol. I bet I could have talked the guy down with no violence necessary.
I don't take life so easy.
But then I don't have fear.
Too many copes these days are young kids with no experience scared shitless on the job.
I could have taken that guy down with a hand full of salt to the eyes.

..... I guar an damn tee you that give me a bat and come at me with as knife---- any knife, and you're going to get busted wide open, your arm broken and that knife knocked out of your hands before you touch me......

That is a completely worthless "guarantee." That is just your imagination.

Come at me with a knife so we can test your theory...

I have knives from all over the world that you've never seen! Some would make you shit your pants just at the sight of them.

But then, you'd like that.

a knife vs a tazer?

• Answer call.
  • Issue orders.
  • Mover on to next call.

Cops are also constables on patrol. I bet I could have talked the guy down with no violence necessary.
Too many copes these days are young kids with no experience scared shitless on the job.

you did not see him grab the cop's neck???
..and now you are not only Chuck Norris Texas Ranger, you are also a psychiatrist

..... I guar an damn tee you that give me a bat and come at me with as knife---- any knife, and you're going to get busted wide open, your arm broken and that knife knocked out of your hands before you touch me......

I have knives from all over the world that you've never seen! Some would make you shit your pants just at the sight of them.

Your opponent may have as much or more training than you. At any rate, unless your opponent is a fiberglass mannequin, you're going to get cut.

Why should LEOs be obligated to take the risk? Who would want to serve under such a scenario?

a knife vs a tazer?

• Answer call.
  • Issue orders.
  • Mover on to next call.
you did not see him grab the cop's neck???
..and now you are not only Chuck Norris Texas Ranger, you are also a psychiatrist

Cops own fault for letting him get that close.
It's gotten to where now these days you don't need a gun, just beat up a cop and take his.
If there hadn't been two cops there no doubt this guy would have taken his and shot him with it!

a knife vs a tazer?

• Answer call.
  • Issue orders.
  • Move on to next call.

Maybe you're Bruce Lee, but there aren't enough Bruce Lee's around for every cop to also be Bruce Lee, considering that we need nearly a million of them nationwide. On the off chance that the knife wielding maniac is ALSO martial arts trained, I don't understand why police should have to take the risk of going hand to hand with him. Tasers are a different story, but once the guy's in range to grab one of the officers, yeah. Shoot to kill. Expecting someone to risk their life to give the guy with a knife trying to kill them a fighting chance is dumb AF.

Your opponent may have as much or more training than you. At any rate, unless your opponent is a fiberglass mannequin, you're going to get cut.

Why should LEOs be obligated to take the risk? Who would want to serve under such a scenario?

Hey, that's just me. I could have taken that guy down a number of non-lethal ways, and I'm issued compared to my younger days. And had I chose to shoot him, I would have shot him in the balls or knees, or maybe the stomach. Not multiple times in the chest.
Cops are pussy murders now. They want no risk in a job of high risk. Their solution to everything is a gun now, and they shoot to kill and they don't stop shooting until their mag is empty or there is no life left in the body. Good cops are becoming hard to find.
Cops have become so pussified now that in anything but a basic situation, they call in a SWAT team these days.
That school shooting a couple years ago, they were afraid to go in and save those kids. They stood outside smoking cigarettes and waited for SWAT to arrive.
It's because I have respect for police that I hate to say this. Cops used to be tough guys that could handle most anything and in the most efficient way, not the easiest.

I think toobfreak gets his info from TV like too many of the modern generation. He probably also thinks six guns never run dry in a gunfight.

a knife vs a tazer?

• Answer call.
  • Issue orders.
  • Move on to next call.

Maybe you're Bruce Lee, but there aren't enough Bruce Lee's around for every cop to also be Bruce Lee, considering that we need nearly a million of them nationwide. On the off chance that the knife wielding maniac is ALSO martial arts trained, I don't understand why police should have to take the risk of going hand to hand with him. Tasers are a different story, but once the guy's in range to grab one of the officers, yeah. Shoot to kill. Expecting someone to risk their life to give the guy with a knife trying to kill them a fighting chance is dumb AF.

That guy was hopped up on drugs and emotionally distraught. It doesn't take Bruce Lee to look at a guy and know if he is a skilled fighter or not. This was a deliberate act of suicide. Congratulations, the police obliged him. And in the discharge of their weapons, they endangered every person living around the area. Hell, the cop could have stayed in his car and hit this idiot with his patrol car!

Okay Moonbat freak. Police officers should not have to resort to deadly force! They are just like you and me not Ninjas, or Kung fu masters , You obviously live in a fantasy world somewhere in your mind. He was lawfully ordered to drop the weapon in his possession "Begged" actually. As an American citizen you have no right to refuse to obey a lawful order of a police officer. You have the right to surrender peacefully and debate your case in a court of law. If he broke no laws as you "assume" Then there would be no reason to not surrender without attacking the Officers. He brought a Knife to a gun fight always a bad idea one more wacko who won't hurt anybody else. These Men will carry this with them the rest of their lives unfortunately, always better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6! IMO

You have to kill them now. If you you harm the criminal now, they will come back and sue you for everything you own.

I am black belted many times over. I also carry.

One thing martial training teaches is economy of motion. :113:

a knife vs a tazer?

• Answer call.
  • Issue orders.
  • Move on to next call.

That guy was hopped up on drugs and emotionally distraught. It doesn't take Bruce Lee to look at a guy and know if he is a skilled fighter or not. This was a deliberate act of suicide. Congratulations, the police obliged him. And in the discharge of their weapons, they endangered every person living around the area. Hell, the cop could have stayed in his car and hit this idiot with his patrol car!

Interesting. Something I learned early on in martial arts was that you can't judge a book by its cover. This lesson was reinforced for me many times over while bouncing for a number of years. Some of the baddest MF'ers I've ever witnessed were rather unassuming looking folks. I trained under a guy in TKD for a couple years who looked like a pudgy line order cook. Medaled silver in the 88 Olympics.

Point is, the idea that you can simply look a guy in the eyes and determine that he's not good enough with a knife to be a threat in a hand to hand situation is shaky, and definitely not something that I would expect a career law enforcement officer to bet their life on every time the situation arises. That's simply an unreasonable expectation, and most martial artists would likely tell you the same. Shit's not a game.

The fact that he looked hopped up on drugs makes me lean more toward putting him down. You ever punch someone high on meth? 50/50 chance they're unphased, unless you got a straight right like Deontay Wilder. Most of us don't. Meth head comes at me with a knife, I'll be God damned if I'm relying on H2H or a taser. That situation, I say go black on center mass, period.

Police training is to aim for center mass and continue firing the weapon until the threat is neutralized. That's the training.

Police used to carry billy clubs. An experienced cop could throw that club and take down a fleeing suspect. Billy clubs caused injury so they were taken away.

Now the training is very specific. Shoot to kill every time.

Forum List

Back