this is why you KILL people with knives

A British guy recently patented a rubber-band driven device that fires knives. Probably why Tainted Tommy is now out to have knives banned or at least licenses. Hasn't figured out the real way to do it is to ban rubber bands. Pity his sire never heard of rubber having been invented.

One of the most interesting consequences of the British gun ban was the writing of P.A. Luty.

In reaction run the gun ban, he published books, available on Amazon, on precisely how to build fully serviceable automatic machine pistols using common tools and available materials.

He includes templates and complete plans and tells how to source the materials.

These aren't ghetto Saturday Night Specials. These are fully serviceable automatic firearms equivalent to those available in WW II.

Hmm. What ever happened to tasers, rubber bullets, or even a simple baseball bat? Whatever happened to mace or a shotgun blast to the knees? Not to mention basic martial combat fighting techniques? Officers had no choice? I guar an damn tee you that give me a bat and come at me with as knife---- any knife, and you're going to get busted wide open, your arm broken and that knife knocked out of your hands before you touch me.

I guess today's cop means zero risk, zero training. Any issue at all, just shoot to kill. That way, they can give any old schmuck a badge.
Everyone can't be Chuck Norris like you.

But yes, cops are supposed to minimize risks to themselves and innocent bystanders.

Hmm. What ever happened to tasers, rubber bullets, or even a simple baseball bat? Whatever happened to mace or a shotgun blast to the knees? Not to mention basic martial combat fighting techniques? Officers had no choice? I guar an damn tee you that give me a bat and come at me with as knife---- any knife, and you're going to get busted wide open, your arm broken and that knife knocked out of your hands before you touch me.

I guess today's cop means zero risk, zero training. Any issue at all, just shoot to kill. That way, they can give any old schmuck a badge.

Your post here sends the message that police should not ''shoot to kill'' people who are threatening others with a knife.

I'm sorry, just who was this guy threatening with a knife before the police came? And I don't care what you THINK my message is. I've made it quite clear that the police in far too many circumstances simply use increasingly excessive force and shoot people to death they didn't have to simply because they know they will be protected from public scrutiny and something think that even the slightest risk to themselves warrants the ultimate price to another human being.

But yes, cops are supposed to minimize risks to themselves and innocent bystanders.
Yep. A cop aiming for a leg in full run will undoubtably miss and hit someone across the street cooking dinner.

I just wonder how much training if any police today get in actual empty hand to hand fighting and self-defense? I bet very little.

You'd lose that bet. The vast majority of Defensive Tactics training is hand or non lethal training.

Even a mandatory firearms requal day consists of five hours of hand to hand to two hours of shooting.

You sure could have fooled me watching the two hapless nincompoops almost get their asses handed to them in the video.

white black yellow green--it doesn't matter what RACE they are
this isn't a fairytale land--but a land with HUMANS who are idiots/jackasses/dangerous
Shoot me,’ Hong yells, before charging at Harrison again, grabbing him by the shoulders and appearing to reach for the officer’s gun.

Heart-stopping body cam footage shows the two Georgia police officers killing knife wielding man | Daily Mail Online

There are a lot of DUMB posts on this forum, but this is the DUMBEST I have seen in a long, LONG time.

Yeah, sure, K9, why shoot an assailant once in the gut or knees to disable and stop him .......

You've seen too many movies. Go ahead and try to shoot someone only in the knees while they are moving, Tex. Ask someone to shoot you in the "gut," and then walk it off like in the movies, hardo. After you are done being dead you can come post about how nonlethal that is.

Fuck off, school teacher. I used to knock cigarettes out of friends mouths with a pair of nunchakus in high school. If you can't hit someone in the legs or groin running straight at you, how the hell are you going to hit him in the chest? Just how much experience do YOU have with firearms? ZERO?

The problem with that tactic, is you have to have skills. Skills that these guys don't have, so they are only left with lethal force.

But the question remains. Why should a police officer risk his life by using less-than-lethal force when confronted by someone who shows the intent and the means to kill them?

NO REASON, when the police officer is obviously so unskilled and untrained that he has no confidence in stopping a man 20 feet away any other way than to empty a clip into his chest. THAT'S MY POINT: These cops obviously haven't the skills and training they should.

IMO, these two cops are lucky they got this guy with the knife before he offed BOTH of them with their own guns!

Yep. A cop aiming for a leg in full run will undoubtably miss and hit someone across the street cooking dinner.

BULLSHIT. You haven't used a firearm. A bullet will likely pass right through you and you run a far greater risk at others aiming high at the chest. You shoot AT WHAT YOU CAN HIT, and a cop can just as easily aim for a less lethal area like the groin, upper legs or stomach if they want to. I mean, police PRACTICE USING MOVING TARGETS, DON'T THEY? C'MON! And with a guy running straight at you 20 feet away, you have time to shoot at the legs or whatever several times.

I just wonder how much training if any police today get in actual empty hand to hand fighting and self-defense? I bet very little.

You'd lose that bet. The vast majority of Defensive Tactics training is hand or non lethal training.

Even a mandatory firearms requal day consists of five hours of hand to hand to two hours of shooting.

You sure could have fooled me watching the two hapless nincompoops almost get their asses handed to them in the video.

I have no doubt your black belt training would allow you to prevail against any threat. If you're willing to take a 300% pay cut you could become a cop.

No doubt you would become chief of police in a few months.

However, a big part of police training revolves around effective communication to prevent having to use force.

BULLSHIT. You haven't used a firearm. A bullet will likely pass right through you and you run a far greater risk at others aiming high at the chest. You shoot AT WHAT YOU CAN HIT, and a cop can just as easily aim for a less lethal area like the groin, upper legs or stomach if they want to. I mean, police PRACTICE USING MOVING TARGETS, DON'T THEY? C'MON! And with a guy running straight at you 20 feet away, you have time to shoot at the legs or whatever several times.

We're trained to shoot the guns out of their hands.

166191_large.jpg

The problem with that tactic, is you have to have skills. Skills that these guys don't have, so they are only left with lethal force.

But the question remains. Why should a police officer risk his life by using less-than-lethal force when confronted by someone who shows the intent and the means to kill them?

NO REASON, when the police officer is obviously so unskilled and untrained that he has no confidence in stopping a man 20 feet away any other way than to empty a clip into his chest. THAT'S MY POINT: These cops obviously haven't the skills and training they should.

IMO, these two cops are lucky they got this guy with the knife before he offed BOTH of them with their own guns!

You might want to familiarize yourself with the Tueller Drill.

You are wrong. You are projecting. Your point is not reality. Cops are trained to aim and hit center mass. If you wish to do less damage you will be a police officer only so long as it takes your supervisor to ask for your badge. Even if you can. The police train for hours. They have to periodically qualify that they will hit center mass and keep firing until the threat is neutralized.

So it really doesn't matter what your skills are or how big and bad you are. If you cannot or will not aim for center mass and keep firing you are not law enforcement material.

You are wrong. You are projecting. Your point is not reality. Cops are trained to aim and hit center mass. If you wish to do less damage you will be a police officer only so long as it takes your supervisor to ask for your badge. Even if you can. The police train for hours. They have to periodically qualify that they will hit center mass and keep firing until the threat is neutralized.

So it really doesn't matter what your skills are or how big and bad you are. If you cannot or will not aim for center mass and keep firing you are not law enforcement material.

They don't train with their firearms for hours. They spend more time learning how to write reports, far more, than they do on firearms training.

They don't train with their firearms for hours. They spend more time learning how to write reports, far more, than they do on firearms training.
All the police I know train and qualify. I've gone with quite a few to practice.

Squeamish cops who cannot shoot to kill don't pass the psych eval.

I have no doubt your black belt training would allow you to prevail against any threat.
I'm not a karateka.

However, a big part of police training revolves around effective communication to prevent having to use force.
Funny. You just made my point. Thanks.

This should not be such a big controversy. If someone is causing a disturbance and you do not want to see them dead in the street don't call the police.

Your point is not reality. If you wish to do less damage you will be a police officer only so long as it takes your supervisor to ask for your badge.
Right. So I'M out of contact with reality and a cop will get fired for taking down an assailant with a non-lethal wound that leaves him alive able to go to the hospital to stand trial. :auiqs.jpg:

th

Would have had two to the center of mass after my third warning to drop the weapon and stop moving... if he didn't do something stupid prior to that.

This situation nearly went completely south for the police due to politics.

He already had a knife who knows what other weapons he had on his person.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back