This is Worth Watching

You are dodging the question.
The big take away for me was the layer of gleeful cruelty Trump uses. That was thoughtful and it was dead on. You heard the examples he gave?
There's one hallmark to your Presidency that I think we're finding the most difficult is that no matter what you do, it comes with an extra layer of gleeful cruelty and dickishness.

It's not just that you don't want people taking a knee—it's that they're Sonsuvbitches if they do.

It's not just denying women who accuse you of sexual assault—it's saying "They were too ugly, anyway."

You can't just be against the media—they're Enemies of the People.

It's not even partisan; If anyone in the Republican party dares speak against you, they also must be humiliated, even if they have a terminal disease.

Is there anything in those statements that isn't true?
When I said in my OP that Stewart made some serious points, I didn't mean to imply that he was pulling a Charles Krauthammer. What I meant was that Stewart was being serious, and he made some salient points about the President's approach to leadership.

If you think he's wrong, I guess that's your opinion. I believe he's dead on.
You are simply impressed because Stewart has coined the phrase "gleeful dickishness".

Stewart cannot show that his comedy skit was based on reality, his writers are merely letting their TDS get the better of themselves, and natch, Stewart too.
Gleeful cruelty. Get it straight.
And there is NOTHING he said that is not based in reality.
Very disappointed, Muhammad. I thought you might actually come up with a cogent remark.
OK, so it was "gleeful cruelty".

OldLady, I challenge you to give a few examples of Trump's "gleeful cruelty", explain why you think his actions are cruel, and propose less cruel alternatives to Trump's allegedly cruel actions.
refusing to lower the flags to half staff for the latest mass shooting conducted by a Drumpf supporter is just the latest I can think of.
That is not an action, jackass.

I'll give you a winner if you can answer my pop quiz.
You are dodging the question.
The big take away for me was the layer of gleeful cruelty Trump uses. That was thoughtful and it was dead on. You heard the examples he gave?
There's one hallmark to your Presidency that I think we're finding the most difficult is that no matter what you do, it comes with an extra layer of gleeful cruelty and dickishness.

It's not just that you don't want people taking a knee—it's that they're Sonsuvbitches if they do.

It's not just denying women who accuse you of sexual assault—it's saying "They were too ugly, anyway."

It's not even partisan; If anyone in the Republican party dares speak against you, they also must be humiliated, even if they have a terminal disease.

When I said in my OP that Stewart made some serious points, I didn't mean to imply that he was pulling a Charles Krauthammer. What I meant was that Stewart was being serious, and he made some salient points about the President's approach to leadership.

You are simply impressed because Stewart has coined the phrase "gleeful dickishness".

Stewart cannot show that his comedy skit was based on reality, his writers are merely letting their TDS get the better of themselves, and natch, Stewart too.
Very disappointed, Muhammad. I thought you might actually come up with a cogent remark.

OldLady, I challenge you to give a few examples of Trump's "gleeful cruelty", explain why you think his actions are cruel, and propose less cruel alternatives to Trump's allegedly cruel actions.
--If you don't understand what is cruel about the examples in the video, I can't explain it to you.
As for immigration, Trump could have worked with the several agencies involved in border security and processing illegal immigrants and asylum seekers, and IN ADVANCE of a zero tolerance policy prepared for the huge increase in people that would need to be housed and adjudicated. The shift to families rather than single men slipping over the border has been going on for a few years now, so that was not a surprise, either. Separating the children from the parents as a deterrent should have played no part in it and didn't have to, if it had been prepared for in advance.
So that is what he could have done differently to prevent the added layer of cruelty in immigration policy.

refusing to lower the flags to half staff for the latest mass shooting conducted by a Drumpf supporter is just the latest I can think of.
What WOULD you call it?

What dictionary are you using to come to that conclusion?

What WOULD you call it?
Not taking a particular action when that action would have been inappropriate.

We don't put our flags at half mast every time some Joe Schmoe kick the bucket.

Jon Stewart usually plays the clown, but last night on Colbert he made some serious points about Trump that were coming from a slightly different angle. The Alt-Righters should probably skip it, you'll get all hurt and stuff.
Worth the eight minutes.

No wonder you people have lost your marbles

What WOULD you call it?

I didn't say we should fly the flag at half mast on this, except to point out we did for Parkland. Now that that cat is out of the bag, I don't think we can go back, but I don't agree with how frequently we fly the flag at half mast these days.
Maybe you are confusing me with someone else?

What WOULD you call it?

I didn't say we should fly the flag at half mast on this, except to point out we did for Parkland. Now that that cat is out of the bag, I don't think we can go back, but I don't agree with how frequently we fly the flag at half mast these days.
Maybe you are confusing me with someone else?
Well, I challenged you to come up with some examples of Trump cruelty, and how you would have handled the situation differently.

So far you haven't come up with anything.

Forum List

Back