This map compares each state to a country with a similar education level, offends the entire world.

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I am a God on this message board.
Which country are you?

This map compares each state to a country with a similar education level, offends the entire world.

usmapfinal-YkBDxY.jpg

California used to have the best schools in the world until Ronald Reagan was the governor, it went down hill ever since.

Ronald Reagan left California public education worse than he found it. A system that had been the envy of the nation when he was elected was in decline when he left. Nevertheless,Mr. Reagan’s actions had political appeal, particularly to his core conservative constituency, many of whom had no time for public education.
Governor Reagan slashed spending not just on higher education. Throughout his tenure as governor he consistently and effectively opposed additional funding for basic education. The result was painful increases in local taxes and the deterioration of California’s public schools. Los Angeles voters got so fed up picking up the slack that on five separate occasions they rejected any further increases in local school taxes. The consequent underfunding resulted in overcrowded classrooms, ancient, worn-out textbooks, crumbling buildings

California’s public universities were once the envy of the world. Under the state’s pioneering “master plan” for higher education, signed into law in 1960, the top 12.5% of graduating high-school students in the state are guaranteed entry to the well-respected University of California (UC) system; the California State University (CSU) system is open to the top third. Community colleges accept all-comers, including adults. The plan hugely expanded higher education in California, and led also to the emergence of world-class establishments like Berkeley and UCLA.

http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ684842.pdf

California used to have the best schools in the world until Ronald Reagan was the governor, it went down hill ever since.

Ronald Reagan left California public education worse than he found it. A system that had been the envy of the nation when he was elected was in decline when he left. Nevertheless,Mr. Reagan’s actions had political appeal, particularly to his core conservative constituency, many of whom had no time for public education.
Governor Reagan slashed spending not just on higher education. Throughout his tenure as governor he consistently and effectively opposed additional funding for basic education. The result was painful increases in local taxes and the deterioration of California’s public schools. Los Angeles voters got so fed up picking up the slack that on five separate occasions they rejected any further increases in local school taxes. The consequent underfunding resulted in overcrowded classrooms, ancient, worn-out textbooks, crumbling buildings

California’s public universities were once the envy of the world. Under the state’s pioneering “master plan” for higher education, signed into law in 1960, the top 12.5% of graduating high-school students in the state are guaranteed entry to the well-respected University of California (UC) system; the California State University (CSU) system is open to the top third. Community colleges accept all-comers, including adults. The plan hugely expanded higher education in California, and led also to the emergence of world-class establishments like Berkeley and UCLA.

I thought you liked Reagan as President? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I thought you liked Reagan as President? Or am I thinking of someone else?

:beer:

images

Did you read Homesnacks 'about us' page...........? Just askin'.......... :lol:
I don't know what that means. I'm sorry.
Researching the source ain't your forte, is it....... :lol:
Do you have any evidence that they didn't source the articles and studies that are linked to?
Do you have evidence that they did? Valid articles and studies.......
They are linked to in the OP article.
smiley_dizzy.gif

Did you read Homesnacks 'about us' page...........? Just askin'.......... :lol:
Do you have any evidence that they didn't source the articles and studies that are linked to?
smiley_dizzy.gif
Yet the link to their source doesn't properly reference their sources......... Some people will believe anything that they think supports their world view....... :lol:

smiley_dizzy.gif
Yet the link to their source doesn't properly reference their sources......... Some people will believe anything that they think supports their world view....... :lol:
You're obviously very invested in this. Sorry.

Education index | Human Development Reports

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-32608772

smiley_dizzy.gif
You're obviously very invested in this. Sorry.

Education index | Human Development Reports

Asia tops biggest global school rankings - BBC News
Interested? Not really, knowledgeable concerning data collection and correlation techniques and what drives news reporting....... Yup.
That said you linked a UN report that doesn't report their collection and correlation processes and a BBC news story which really means little or nothing other than "somebody said and we reported". :dunno:
Lets just say I'm very skeptical of sources that are not scientifically referenced or properly vetted.

I live in Hong Kong, which I'm tempted to assume is good (though, that is probably racist).

Forum List

Back