This warm winter we're having

Well now, let us give those who are interested a chance to judge for themselves whether Dr. Jennifer Francis is a 'crazy lady'. That was Frankie Boys term, and to see you use it, once more drops you in my estimation. First, people that are worried about what the consequences of the warming are termed 'Commies', and now a respected researcher is called 'Crazy Lady' by you. About as classy as Crusader Frank. It that where you want to be?

And here is a shorter version;

I aspire to be more Frank-like in many ways.

Didn't call her a crazy lady.. I called her "the Crazy Hands Lady".. Big diff.

But my summary of her data you made me wade thru was totally accurate. Has it CHANGED?

The woman is bat shit crazy.. Her so called evidence is not even conjecture, its fantasy! She might have a PHD but it only means Piled Higher and Deeper.

If you actually had the education you claim to have, you would have been pleased as punch to have this woman as an instructor. Where do you get off calling her crazy? At least she actually HAS the degree. I doubt you can even imagine what she deals with on a daily basis. A video of the woman speaking to a crowd is hardly the place to judge her evidence, but I see that doesn't slow you in the least.

12011276_10153703725754255_6571476883168818533_n.jpg

Hah, Daily KOS.

You like it then?

It's actually a very good example.

You like it then?

No, fridge, that's ad hominem, and quite frankly below your level of intelligence. Please, just tell me if you don't have anything substantive to argue, I'll understand. We'll stop right here.

Rocks started calling me names earlier and he thinks he's Nostradamus; but now you post a meme basically calling us stupid. So far, the only argument I've heard is "consensus" this "you're stupid" that. I've yet to see anyone confront me with meaningful data on the topic.

Oh cool, a bunch of "scientists" agree on something. That doesn't make them right. There's observed reality, and their reality; the former being mutually exclusive to the latter. In other words, you can't substitute predictions for reality. Those hockey stick models are garbage. The whole "humanity is destroying the planet" spiel is garbage. Earth will be here long after the human race goes extinct.

Last edited:
Well now, let us give those who are interested a chance to judge for themselves whether Dr. Jennifer Francis is a 'crazy lady'. That was Frankie Boys term, and to see you use it, once more drops you in my estimation. First, people that are worried about what the consequences of the warming are termed 'Commies', and now a respected researcher is called 'Crazy Lady' by you. About as classy as Crusader Frank. It that where you want to be?

But my summary of her data you made me wade thru was totally accurate. Has it CHANGED?

The woman is bat shit crazy.. Her so called evidence is not even conjecture, its fantasy! She might have a PHD but it only means Piled Higher and Deeper.

If you actually had the education you claim to have, you would have been pleased as punch to have this woman as an instructor. Where do you get off calling her crazy? At least she actually HAS the degree. I doubt you can even imagine what she deals with on a daily basis. A video of the woman speaking to a crowd is hardly the place to judge her evidence, but I see that doesn't slow you in the least.

Oh the irony of that post from the AGW cult member!

spencer-73-cmip5-model-fail.png

See AGW does not stand up to actual and real science!

You like it then?

No, fridge, that's ad hominem, and quite frankly below your level of intelligence. Please, just tell me if you don't have anything substantive to argue, I'll understand. We'll stop right here.

Rocks started calling me names earlier and he thinks he's Nostradamus; but now you post a meme basically calling us stupid. So far, the only argument I've heard is "consensus" this "you're stupid" that. I've yet to see anyone confront me with meaningful data on the topic.

Oh cool, a bunch of "scientists" agree on something. That doesn't make them right. There's observed reality, and their reality; the former being mutually exclusive to the latter. In other words, you can't substitute predictions for reality. Those hockey stick models are garbage. The whole "humanity is destroying the planet" spiel is garbage. Earth will be here long after the human race goes extinct.

Oh, you think it's stupid? What did Forrest Gump say? Stupid is as stupid does.

Look, when a person says "it's cold here, therefore this global warming thing is a lie", and then I post something that is exactly the same and you say this is me calling people who say the former stupid......

I didn't say they were stupid, YOU DID.

Look, when a person says "it's cold here, therefore this global warming thing is a lie", and then I post something that is exactly the same and you say this is me calling people who say the former stupid......

What?

What?

Does it matter? You're just trying to deflect anyway, I'm not going to waste my time.

What?

Does it matter? You're just trying to deflect anyway, I'm not going to waste my time.
You know you are wrong.

And yes, it does matter.

What?

Ahh, deflecting by accusing me of deflecting. Naw, just trying to make sense of your rant.

What?

Time for what?

You have already proven yourself to be a dumbfuck.

You like it then?

No, fridge, that's ad hominem

No, it is not. An ad hominem would be an appeal to prejudice making use of alleged characteristics that are meaningless or irrelevant to the topic under discussion and often appeal to common prejudices or biases. An analogy such as this, illustrating the behavior of Republicans towards the AGW is about as completely on point as you could get.

and quite frankly below your level of intelligence.

Well, since he realized it was an appropriate gibe and you've demonstrated you don't understand "ad hominem", that might be a little hard to support.

Please, just tell me if you don't have anything substantive to argue, I'll understand. We'll stop right here.

I think he would like to argue the intelligence of the behavior of republicans towards global warming.

Rocks started calling me names earlier and he thinks he's Nostradamus;

That would be Old Rocks. Thiis FrigidWeirdo you're talking to. They are two different people.

but now you post a meme basically calling us stupid.

Probably the most commmon expression on this board. And it's a little hard to tell someone that you believe their opinions are incorrect and that they are putting human culture at risk by thoughtless and ignorant behavior without at least an implication that you find them stupid. You, after all, just finished implying Frigid was stupid. If you'd like to end that sort of thing, I suggest you talk solely about the environment and not about people's beliefs, actions or choices.

So far, the only argument I've heard is "consensus" this "you're stupid" that. I've yet to see anyone confront me with meaningful data on the topic.

Please read WG-I of AR5 which may be found at www.ipcc.ch

Oh cool, a bunch of "scientists" agree on something. That doesn't make them right.

Is that because you have some reason to believe they are all stupid? An actual consensus of opinion among actual experts on a given subject DOES increase the odds of that opinion being correct. That is the value of the consensus among scientists and it is all that has ever been claimed as its value.

There's observed reality, and their reality; the former being mutually exclusive to the latter.

I think I can guarantee that, as a group, the world's climate scientists have a wider, broader, deeper and exquisitely more detailed understanding of the reality of the Earth's climate than do you. You have no evidence to justify the statement you just made. So, why did you make it?

In other words, you can't substitute predictions for reality.

Though it is a very common accusation from deniers, no one that is making or running models or making predictions or projections believes or contends that they are reality. They are tools with which we can see where we're headed. They can and are used, as well, to explore alternatives: what might happens if we do this; if we do that; if we do nothing.

Those hockey stick models are garbage.

Perhaps you need to work on the basics before you get yourself in too deep here. Hockey sticks graphs in general, and MBH98/99 in particular, are not the product of models. They are instrument and proxy data. They have a hockey stick shape because temperatures have risen precipitously in the 20th century and beyond. The criticism one hears of them; the frequent claim that they've been debunked, is based on only two points. MBH 98 presented only weak warming if any during the (Medieval Warm Period (MWP AD950-1250), though the MWP varied significantly by region, and some folks didn't like that he blended proxy data with instrument data in his graphic, despite the fact that he said that he was doing so, that it was blatantly obvious from the graph and the methods he used for the transition had been widely and publicly discussed. The 'blade' of the graph - the precipitous rise in the 20th century and the characteristic that most concerns people whose primary interest isn't in debunking AGW whatever the evidence may say, has never been challenged.

The whole "humanity is destroying the planet" spiel is garbage. Earth will be here long after the human race goes extinct.

HAHAHAHAHAAaaaa.... I hope you actually meant that to be funny.

Last edited:
Quite extensive it is

(CNN)The North Pole is getting a taste of the warm late-December temperatures that have caused such havoc in the United States.

Thanks to the same low-pressure system that produced blizzards in New Mexico, tornadoes in Texas and flooding in Missouri, the North Pole was about 40 degrees above the seasonal average high on Wednesday, according to the Washington Post's weather team.

Why the freakishly warm December?

The Post's Capital Weather Gang examined buoy data from near the North Pole and reported a record high temperature of 33 degrees Fahrenheit.

It wasn't close to the 40 degrees Fahrenheit forecast in some estimates, but it was substantially warmer than the usual late-December highs of -10 degrees F.

Above-freezing December temperatures at the North Pole have occurred only three times since 1948, Weather Underground blogger Bob Henson tweeted Monday.

CNN Senior Meteorologist Brandon Miller pointed out that two strong weather systems -- the low-pressure mass that's moved through the United States and northern Europe, and a high-pressure system over Siberia -- have helped pull warm air from southern Europe and northern Africa.

"Because of the strength of the two systems, it's allowing that air to travel farther north than it normally would," he said.

The woman is a clueless drone who doesn't think for herself and does science like a 7th grader. I will pass on this drone.

Quite extensive it is

(CNN)The North Pole is getting a taste of the warm late-December temperatures that have caused such havoc in the United States.

Thanks to the same low-pressure system that produced blizzards in New Mexico, tornadoes in Texas and flooding in Missouri, the North Pole was about 40 degrees above the seasonal average high on Wednesday, according to the Washington Post's weather team.

Why the freakishly warm December?

The Post's Capital Weather Gang examined buoy data from near the North Pole and reported a record high temperature of 33 degrees Fahrenheit.

It wasn't close to the 40 degrees Fahrenheit forecast in some estimates, but it was substantially warmer than the usual late-December highs of -10 degrees F.

Above-freezing December temperatures at the North Pole have occurred only three times since 1948, Weather Underground blogger Bob Henson tweeted Monday.

CNN Senior Meteorologist Brandon Miller pointed out that two strong weather systems -- the low-pressure mass that's moved through the United States and northern Europe, and a high-pressure system over Siberia -- have helped pull warm air from southern Europe and northern Africa.

"Because of the strength of the two systems, it's allowing that air to travel farther north than it normally would," he said.

Bull Shit!

Its so funny to see morons who think they have a clue about the atmosphere pontificate about things they dont know. Get back to me when he takes a basic atmospheric physics class and thermal dynamics of our atmospheric systems. The man doesn't have a clue about pressure gradients and heat... Of Course CNN is known for its agenda driven morons..

Forum List

Back