Thomas Sowell:"Biden Has Always Been a Doofus"

Define "bright" and "smart" for me.

He gained a law degree. Not the easiest thing in the world. 42% of Americans have degrees. So, academically, Biden is in the top 58% at the very least. A law degree is harder than any normal degree. I worked with a hick from Illinois, so stupid he could hardly tie his own shoe laces by himself, he had a degree because he'd been in the Navy. So, Biden then moves up massively on this list.

Then thee are different types of intelligent. Like those who can manipulate others, those who can remember lots of stuff and so on.

So what is smart and intelligent? How do you define how smart someone is? You need to answer this to be able to say Biden isn't smart.
I've known lots of stupid lawyers----

college degrees do not make one smart.

Degrees are just high price pieces of paper...

I've known lots of stupid lawyers----

college degrees do not make one smart.

Degrees are just high price pieces of paper...
Biden graduated at the bottom of his class and he was reprimanded stealing other people's work.
Not really that important here as you haven't defined what "smart" is yet.
When you graduate near the bottom of your class, Frigid and get reprimanded for stealing the work of others...you're obviously NOT a scholar!

Biden graduated at the bottom of his class and he was reprimanded stealing other people's work.

When you graduate near the bottom of your class, Frigid and get reprimanded for stealing the work of others...you're obviously NOT a scholar!

You still haven't managed to define "smart". Being a "scholar" doesn't necessarily make you "smart", or does it? What is smart?

When Barack Obama is telling people off the record that they shouldn't underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up...that should tell you about Biden's capabilities. Just saying...

I couldn't actually care however if Joe Biden had a lifetime record of making smart decisions, Frigid but the truth is...Joe has a long history of getting it wrong!

So, you want to talk about whether someone is smart or not, but you don't want to even try and understand what smart is? That's not very smart, is it?

When Barack Obama is telling people off the record that they shouldn't underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up...that should tell you about Biden's capabilities. Just saying...

Yeah, you're just saying.... nothing much to do with this topic yet.

So, you want to talk about whether someone is smart or not, but you don't want to even try and understand what smart is? That's not very smart, is it?
Help me with this, Frigid. If Joe isn't book smart and he isn't capable at his job...what definition of smart does he fit into?

Help me with this, Frigid. If Joe isn't book smart and he isn't capable at his job...what definition of smart does he fit into?

For me, smart is making the "right decisions". What are the "right decisions" for a person?

He's rich, maybe $8 million in worth. That's in the top 1% of people in the country. To make decisions to get that much money. He's become president of the USA. In the last 250 years only 46 people have managed that. He's made those decisions and he's become exceedingly successful.

Why? How did he manage all of this? Probably he's got a high EQ.

EQ is the thing to have. People with high EQs are good at manipulating people, good at getting what they want. They understand people, they know what makes people tick and they use this to their advantage. If that's not making the "right decisions" then I don't know what is.

For me, smart is making the "right decisions". What are the "right decisions" for a person?

He's rich, maybe $8 million in worth. That's in the top 1% of people in the country. To make decisions to get that much money. He's become president of the USA. In the last 250 years only 46 people have managed that. He's made those decisions and he's become exceedingly successful.

Why? How did he manage all of this? Probably he's got a high EQ.

EQ is the thing to have. People with high EQs are good at manipulating people, good at getting what they want. They understand people, they know what makes people tick and they use this to their advantage. If that's not making the "right decisions" then I don't know what is.
LOL...with all due respect, Frigid...Joe Biden has been in Washington since Nixon was in the White House. Can you name any politician that didn't become wealthy while they were in office? You probably shouldn't bring his wealth up. You don't have to have a high EQ to influence peddle. You don't have to have a high EQ to use insider information in the stock market.

Now if you really want to talk about a smart man...I would suggest we chat about Thomas Sowell. I had him as a professor at Amherst College. I found him to be brilliant.

LOL...with all due respect, Frigid...Joe Biden has been in Washington since Nixon was in the White House. Can you name any politician that didn't become wealthy while they were in office? You probably shouldn't bring his wealth up. You don't have to have a high EQ to influence peddle. You don't have to have a high EQ to use insider information in the stock market.

Well, that depends on how you're getting it. Why don't all people go and use influence? How do you get influence? How do you survive in Washington all that time and still become president at the end of it all?

Well, that depends on how you're getting it. Why don't all people go and use influence? How do you get influence? How do you survive in Washington all that time and still become president at the end of it all?
With all due respect AGAIN, Frigid...people want to become Senators because you don't have to be that bright to hold the job and unless you're a complete screw up it's yours for as long as you want it!

How do you get influence? Let's use Biden as an example. You're put in charge of a foreign region. You have the power to give out billions in US aid. You have the power to make policy for that region.
Suddenly your idiot, drug addict son gets hired at a huge salary by people trying to buy your favor. Sound familiar?

"Doofus" is a term generally reserved for persons who are intentionally clowning for attention.

Xiden has no choice.

The malevolent nature he exhibited before he lost his mind - that wasn't "Doofus". More nearly "demonic".

These days it's just the plaque talking. Don't laugh; pity..

But then........Doofus might actually be less harmful to America.........

Forum List

Back