Those ancient Egyptians were "nuts"

No dead bodies were found in any of the pyramids at Giza.

Was any grain found in any of them?

I don't think they were for grain storage but that idea has been around for a very long time. What is the purpose, if a tomb, for the large open rooms, at least in the Great Pyramid? Grain could have been eaten by rodents, if there were actually grain in them, which I doubt. But then again the Great Pyramid wasn't a tomb.
So what do you think it was? Because the large open rooms would have been consistent with the Egyptian concept of death.

The Step Pyramid is considered one of the first Pyramids..........It contained over 3 & 1/2 miles of underground tunnels that they have found so far.......................It contained mummified Ibis by the 10's of thousands....contained mummified dogs by the millions.......100's of thousands of embalmed meats.................and a large quantity of grain and cylinder typed masonary pots ............

The Egyptians believed they needed everything for the afterlife............their servants, pets, gold, and FOOD, and Wine................The Step pyramid can't be compared to the Giza Pyramids..............in size of underground caverns there is no comparison.............

In Genesis.............Joseph stored vast amounts of food for the 7 years of famine..............Where this Grain was stored is really unknown...............It is possible the Pyramid was built on top of the vast tunnels in the ground at the Step Pyramid..............

That is Carson's THEORY...................doesn't mean he denies that they were burial sites for Pharoh's by any count...............

It is a Hypothesis of his based on his biblical reading of Genesis...................Since I didn't live 4500 years ago.............I don't know if it's right or wrong............

What I do know is that the left wing asshats and media want to find anything on Carson................Attacking him for any quote whether in context or OUT OF CONTEXT they can find..........................

He's stating a Theory and a opinion on this..............and nothing more.

Is there anyone here with a background in agriculture who can explain why you would not store grain several stories up in pyramidal structure that's largely solid and that took decades to build?
In the modern day world I've never seen grain stored several stories up.
I've seen grain stored in everything. From quansit huts, to round tanks
There's a place down the road from me that just put in out on a cement slab and stacked real high on the open ground, exposed to the elements.This is the type I had on my farm here in Idaho.
BrockWideCorr_92220008.jpg

In today's world building an overhead grain storage would be prohibitively expensive. There's small over head stuff for transportation uses, so the grain can just feed into RR cars, or tankers without mechanization. Grain weight 60lbs a bushel. I don't see how the ancients would use such a structure.
The biggest enemy of wheat is weevil

I don't think they were for grain storage but that idea has been around for a very long time. What is the purpose, if a tomb, for the large open rooms, at least in the Great Pyramid? Grain could have been eaten by rodents, if there were actually grain in them, which I doubt. But then again the Great Pyramid wasn't a tomb.
Of course it was. Gigantic pile of stone, only one room to speak of, coffin shaped box, there could be no other use. The place was robbed in antiquity, stripped of it's limestone and gold covering along with everything of value including the mummies which were ground up and used for medicine as recently as the 19th century. You didn't even have an opinion on this until a few days ago so quit acting as if it is an informed opinion.

Of course it was. Gigantic pile of stone, only one room to speak of, coffin shaped box, there could be no other use. The place was robbed in antiquity, stripped of it's limestone and gold covering along with everything of value including the mummies which were ground up and used for medicine as recently as the 19th century. You didn't even have an opinion on this until a few days ago so quit acting as if it is an informed opinion.
Depends on the Pyramid............and the time frame......I'm no expert at all......but I did some reading on it the other day to see where Carson might get his opinion..............

Step Pyramid of Djoser: Egypt's First Pyramid

It started off as a mastaba tomb — a flat-roofed structure with sloping sides — and, through a series of expansions, evolved into a 197-foot-high (60 meters) pyramid, with six layers, one built on top of the other. The pyramid was constructed using 11.6 million cubic feet (330,400 cubic meters) of stone and clay. The tunnels beneath the pyramid form a labyrinth about 3.5 miles (5.5 kilometers) long.

The pyramid is at the center of a complex 37 acres (15 hectares) in size. This complex is surrounded by a recessed limestone wall that contains 13 fake doorways as well as the real colonnade entrance on the southeast side.

At the southern end of the complex lies the enigmatic “south tomb,” with a chapel. It contains a series of tunnels that mimic those found beneath the pyramid itself. What was buried there is a mystery.

Yet another tunnel, starting on the east side of the pyramid, contains 40,000 stone vessels, many of them belonging to the king’s ancestors. Sarcophagi and human remains were also found.

I asked Carson who was buried in Grants tomb. He said a bunch of grain.

No dead bodies were found in any of the pyramids at Giza. We have been over this, you just keep rehashing the BS.

True....but they did find old Subway' sandwich wrappers.

If there was wheat/grains stored in these pyramids it wasn''t for public consumption. It was for the dead pharaoh and his priest and princesses to aid them on the other side.

Depends on the Pyramid............and the time frame......I'm no expert at all......but I did some reading on it the other day to see where Carson might get his opinion..............
The sun doesn't shine in the place he got his opinion, you might need to bring along a miner's helmet light in your study of the intellectual content of his rectal cavity.

If there was wheat/grains stored in these pyramids it wasn''t for public consumption. It was for the dead pharaoh and his priest and princesses to aid them on the other side.
I don't know................I understand that they stored food and wine, and basically everything he'd need in the afterlife.............but they did store food and grain for that afterlife.................

Did they use it to store food while the Pharoh is still alive.........don't know......... 4500 years ago.............who the hell knows.

Pyramids were built in 2560 bc
Abraham 2085 BC
Joseph 1898

I haven't been following this thread. but when Joseph stored the grain, I don't think it was in the pyramids

The sun doesn't shine in the place he got his opinion, you might need to bring along a miner's helmet light in your study of the intellectual content of his rectal cavity.
Whatever.................I read to get an understanding of why he would have that theory.............he used Genesis and the story of Joseph to come to a Hypothesis of pyramids storing food..........The only Pyramid I've seen so far that MIGHT have done so was the Step Pyramids.........don't see Giza doing so.......................

3 and a 1/2 miles of tunnels dug out so far.............You could store quite a bit in those tunnels.........7 years worth...............don't have a clue..................

Pyramids were built in 2560 bc
Abraham 2085 BC
Joseph 1898

I haven't been following this thread. but when Joseph stored the grain, I don't think it was in the pyramids
I saw those dates as well...............but some theorize that the timeline of Joseph was possibly during the Step Pyramid............time frame.

I don't know................I understand that they stored food and wine, and basically everything he'd need in the afterlife.............but they did store food and grain for that afterlife.................

Did they use it to store food while the Pharoh is still alive.........don't know......... 4500 years ago.............who the hell knows.
I could see food in the pyramid for the workers, that must have been massive. But for the public I'm leaning against that.

Forum List

Back