Thou shall not bear false witness against Obama

Fact: Obama bowed to the Saudi King, here is a picture of him doing it.

you mean like this?

ZZ72682359.jpg

Quit snorting the Obama Kool Aid for Christ sake!

Bush was receiving a medal, Obama was kissing the Don's ring

Show me the medal the King pinned on Obama
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WlqW6UCeaY]YouTube - Obama Bows to Saudi King[/ame][/QUOTE]

Ame®icano;1447569 said:
you mean like this?

ZZ72682359.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WlqW6UCeaY]YouTube - Obama Bows to Saudi King[/ame]

Let's recap:

When President Bush APPEARED to "bow" it was to receive a medal.

When President Obama DID bow, it was for the purpose of bowing.

I guess the bottom line is: sometimes context actually DOES help to set the record straight.

Without context it could all get we weed up.

Ame®icano;1447569 said:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WlqW6UCeaY]YouTube - Obama Bows to Saudi King[/ame]

Let's recap:

When President Bush APPEARED to "bow" it was to receive a medal.

When President Obama DID bow, it was for the purpose of bowing.

I guess the bottom line is: sometimes context actually DOES help to set the record straight.

Without context it could all get we weed up.

Yes, context does matter.

Seen the pic of President Obama checking out the girls butt?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGrx7YjR8po]YouTube - Obama and Sarkozy Checking Out Girl's Butt[/ame]

I must admit that when I first saw the photo I laughed and thought, Hey he's only doing what we all do, what is the big deal? But really he wasn't :D

Immie

it is proper etiquette.

However, an American etiquette expert came to President Obama's defense in the Herald, saying bowing is an appropriate sign of respect.

"(The bow) in no way diminishes the ranking of the President or indicates the greater strength of [the king]," Gloria Starr told the paper. "I bowed, wore the attire, ate the figs as a sign of respect when I was in Saudi. I applaud the President for showing this courtesy."

Actually, because I feel impelled to dismiss as much of this BS as I possibly can. If I succeed through debate, awesome. If I succeed by making people look stupid for not doing their homework, well, so be it. Which one are you?

And you have failed!!! You have yet to produce any sort of evidence to support your argument, while the rest of us are presenting quotes and video clips. You think that by simply dismissing the overwhelming evidence you will win. You are as clueless as you are stupid. But please proceed, after all, you are good for a laugh.

Leftist argument: No he didn't.

Reminds me of this:

Monty Python - Arguement Clinic

who said, no he didn't??? Chris?

And you have failed!!! You have yet to produce any sort of evidence to support your argument, while the rest of us are presenting quotes and video clips. You think that by simply dismissing the overwhelming evidence you will win. You are as clueless as you are stupid. But please proceed, after all, you are good for a laugh.

Reminds me of this:

i dont remember all the names, dont put things like that to memory
but there were a lot claiming it wasnt a bow

Reminds me of this:

Geez, you're the second one to miss my point. :rolleyes: :)

Lonestar logic's post was to someone who's only argument was 'no, it isn't'; they didn't present any evidence to support their argument, even though evidence was being presented to them (on Obama and the single-payer thing).

I posted the Saudi bow comment, followed by The Argument Clinic skit, to further emphasize Lonestar logic's point.

I can't believe I had to explain this to anyone. Didn't anyone watch the Python clip? <shakes head and sighs>

But to answer your question on the Saudi bow . . . um, the WH said 'oh no he din't'.

The White House is denying that the president bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia at a G-20 meeting in London, a scene that drew criticism on the right and praise from some Arab outlets.

"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," said an Obama aide, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Ben Smith's Blog: White House: No bow to Saudi - POLITICO.com

Speaking of single-payer I've been browsing the interwebz tonight and many in congress are for single-payer. The public option is the government's foot in the door on this and once in, single-payer will follow. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but someday soon and forever. All ewes need to stop bleating "no it won't" and wake the hell up.

it is proper etiquette.

However, an American etiquette expert came to President Obama's defense in the Herald, saying bowing is an appropriate sign of respect.

"(The bow) in no way diminishes the ranking of the President or indicates the greater strength of [the king]," Gloria Starr told the paper. "I bowed, wore the attire, ate the figs as a sign of respect when I was in Saudi. I applaud the President for showing this courtesy."

When was Gloria Starr President of the United States?

it is proper etiquette.

Frank, do you really think it matters whether obama, president bush or any American showed this courtesy?

I don't think it really matters a bit....

I think we have a heck of a lot BIGGER issues at hand....

This is crying wolf....when the wolf isn't present, and when the wolf actually shows its face....NO ONE will believe you....!!!!

BE CAREFUL!

The boy Who Cried Wolf
題號4: The Boy Who Called Wolf

it is proper etiquette.

Frank, do you really think it matters whether obama, president bush or any American showed this courtesy?

This is crying wolf....when the wolf isn't present, and when the wolf actually shows its face....NO ONE will believe you....!!!!

BE CAREFUL!

The boy Who Cried Wolf

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

- Robert Henlein

BE CAREFUL!

The boy Who Cried Wolf

- Robert Henlein

"All wee weed up and no place to go" -- CF

BE CAREFUL!

The boy Who Cried Wolf

- Robert Henlein

"All wee weed up and no place to go" -- CF

We're already aware of this. Now go change your Depends™.

There is not a standardized format to compare now...companies put what information they like on the net, which really does not help in comparing apples to apples on insurance policies, is my understanding....and this exchange would format such, in a clear manner, a truly comparable, apples to apples manner.

Care

What she really means is that the policies on the Exchange will be a one size fits all deal. The government will tell the private insurers what they can offer and that will be all they can offer. It will be as narrow as your choice of investments in Social Security. So, your only real choice will be if you go with the public plan or if you go with a psuedo-private plan.

Nosense they stand to be out of business. Because most small businesses will opt for the cheaper alternative which will be the public option because they have no Choice from a financial perspective, care.

Exactly the opposite zoom. Preexisting conditions now have to be covered by state law in most states. That's why that Obama argment is a red herring.

Also remember that the old addage, "cheaper is not always better" will apply here. Today, small business is being priced out of health insurance and that is something that needs to be fixed. Many small businesses simply cannot afford health insurance, but under this plan they must either pay the price of the plans (which MAY NOT BE CHEAPER THAN TODAY'S POLICIES) or they will be taxed 8% of their gross payroll. This could very well put many small businesses under especially in today's economy.

Immie

i thought over 80% of the small business are exempt from such penalty in this bill because they are too small?

the insurance policies will vary as much as they do now immie, only a hand full of things, no cap, carry policy with you if you lose job,preexisting condition ok etc will be the same, but what a private insurer covers, so many mri's, so many annual visits, so much on drug coverage, transplants if necessary etc, mental health visits a year etc is up to the private insurer, as it is now....the exchange will let you easily see these differences....even if this reform does not pass, these insurance exchanges are a good idea imo.

They are not exempt if they have a payroll over 250k a year, most small businesses have a payroll exceeding 250k a year, because, at 250k a year, it only takes 8 employees at 31k a year to meet a 250k a year payroll.

What she really means is that the policies on the Exchange will be a one size fits all deal. The government will tell the private insurers what they can offer and that will be all they can offer. It will be as narrow as your choice of investments in Social Security. So, your only real choice will be if you go with the public plan or if you go with a psuedo-private plan.

Also remember that the old addage, "cheaper is not always better" will apply here. Today, small business is being priced out of health insurance and that is something that needs to be fixed. Many small businesses simply cannot afford health insurance, but under this plan they must either pay the price of the plans (which MAY NOT BE CHEAPER THAN TODAY'S POLICIES) or they will be taxed 8% of their gross payroll. This could very well put many small businesses under especially in today's economy.

Immie

i thought over 80% of the small business are exempt from such penalty in this bill because they are too small?

the insurance policies will vary as much as they do now immie, only a hand full of things, no cap, carry policy with you if you lose job,preexisting condition ok etc will be the same, but what a private insurer covers, so many mri's, so many annual visits, so much on drug coverage, transplants if necessary etc, mental health visits a year etc is up to the private insurer, as it is now....the exchange will let you easily see these differences....even if this reform does not pass, these insurance exchanges are a good idea imo.

They are not exempt if they have a payroll over 250k a year, most small businesses have a payroll exceeding 250k a year, because, at 250k a year, it only takes 8 employees at 31k a year to meet a 250k a year payroll.

i think that most ''small businesses'' in the usa might actually be single owner/worker businesses, thus the reason for so many exemptions??? I do need to dig deeper to truly understand what i have quoted regarding this....!!!

care

Forum List

Back