Three in Four in U.S. Still See the Bible as Word of God

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"Despite some evidence that Americans are becoming more detached from formal religion, the vast majority of Christians, and therefore of Americans, still view the Bible as God's word. The 28% adhering to biblical literalism in the trend question is down about 10 percentage points since the late 1970s. But that decline mainly occurred in the 1980s and 1990s. Ever since, the figure has varied between 27% and 34%, with the current 28% on the low end of that range."

"Ultimately, the finding that nine in 10 Christians believe the Bible emanates from God indicates that U.S. Christians are Christian in more than name only."

Three in Four in U.S. Still See the Bible as Word of God

If you had bothered to read:

"Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted May 8-11, 2014, with a random sample of 1,028 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia."

Corresponds well with the number of people who actually read the Bible

So the people that believe the bible is the literaly word is God is near the all time low. and the people that believe that is is secular is up 7%.

So looking at the graph the folks that believe in the bible is trending down while secular is trending up.

So the people that believe the bible is the literaly word is God is near the all time low. and the people that believe that is is secular is up 7%.

So looking at the graph the folks that believe in the bible is trending down while secular is trending up.

indeed

my child will not be forced into such brainwashing and cultish hedonism - she will make her own choice, as an adult.

Corresponds well with the number of people who actually read the Bible

however many people read the bible I heard that some of them have studied scripture for decades and even have diplomas and certificates and numerous connections and even are licensed by the state to deceive but still worship a human being as if he was a god.

Apparently reading the bible doesn't do any good or make any difference at all if one has already lost their mind.

God will surely give justice to his people who plead with him day and night? 8 Yes! He will answer them quickly! But the question is: When I, the Messiah, return, how many will I find who have faith and are praying*?”Luke 18:8

The 28% adhering to biblical literalism in the trend question is down about 10 percentage points since the late 1970s.

Meaning a small minority of American Christians believe in literalism: that's wise.

The 28% adhering to biblical literalism in the trend question is down about 10 percentage points since the late 1970s.

Meaning a small minority of American Christians believe in literalism: that's wise.

Yes, and if t's not literally true but only parable - which PARTS aren't just parable?

:lol:

ahhhh religion, cracks me up

Yes, and if t's not literally true but only parable - which PARTS aren't just parable?

THE LAUGHING STOPS FAST WHEN YOU FEEL THE FLAMES!!!Your choice!

I laugh in the face of danger,

and there are no flames. Only your delusions of grandeur and your insecure lust to feel accepted by invisible forces.

Lol..you fanatics are funny.

and there are no flames. Only your delusions of grandeur and your insecure lust to feel accepted by invisible forces.

ALMIGHTY GOD says atheist are FOOLS!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

ALMIGHTY GOD says atheist are FOOLS!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

im agnostic tbh

but you dont have any communications from god homey

just excerpts from scripts created my men to socially engineer a better society, in their own opinion.

i laugh in the face of danger,

almighty god says atheist are fools!!!

that man is a fool who says to himself, “there is no god!” anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.psalm 14:1===only a fool would say to himself, “there is no god.” and why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. Psalm 53:1 and you???

im agnostic tbh

but you dont have any communications from god homey

just excerpts from scripts created my men to socially engineer a better society, in their own opinion.

I see why God says ""you are a fool""!!!!

3 out of 4 Americans disagree with you, GT.

And they're right.

You are the extremist loon, out standing in the field...

3 out of 4 Americans disagree with you, GT.

And they're right.

You are the extremist loon, out standing in the field...

I dont need numbers to reaffirm my beliefs

they're as loony and gullible as you are, nothing more

Forum List

Back