Three in Four in U.S. Still See the Bible as Word of God

3 out of 4 Americans disagree with you, GT.

And they're right.

You are the extremist loon, out standing in the field...

And more than half of American disagrees with you, kg, and the majority of that group is Christian.

And they're right.

I dont need numbers to reaffirm my beliefs

they're as loony and gullible as you are, nothing more

Cling desperately to your narrow vision of the world, fanatic! I'm sure it has served you well!

You do realize in that post you are saying that your beliefs are loony and gullible..right?

I take it you're really well educated, too. That post gives it away!
That must be why you're so certain you're right, and so willing to believe 75 percent of Americans aren't as enlightened as you are!

Last edited:

And they're right.

I dont need numbers to reaffirm my beliefs

they're as loony and gullible as you are, nothing more

Cling desperately to your narrow vision of the world, fanatic! I'm sure it has served you well!

You do realize in that post you are saying that your beliefs are loony and gullible..right?

I take it you're really well educated, too. That post gives it away!
That must be why you're so certain you're right, and so willing to believe 75 percent of Americans aren't as enlightened as you are!

I am well educated, thanks. I was referring to the numbers portion of the sentence, not beliefs. It was unclear, I get it.

But you knew the point and wanted to be rotten and waste bandwidth regardless.

Sure sign of someone confident and secure in their cultish beliefs.

I think people who presume to be superior to 3/4 of their fellow citizens should be held to a higher standard than your regular run of the mill moron.

So I am holding you to a higher standard. You think you're more intelligent and have superior insight...but you can't carry on an intelligible conversation. Which leads one to wonder..exactly how much do you UNDERSTAND when you read?

My work here is done.

I think people who presume to be superior to 3/4 of their fellow citizens should be held to a higher standard than your regular run of the mill moron.

So I am holding you to a higher standard. You think you're more intelligent and have superior insight...but you can't carry on an intelligible conversation. Which leads one to wonder..exactly how much do you UNDERSTAND when you read?

My work here is done.

You tell a lot from a sentence, oh magical fairy whisperer.

I don't claim to be smarter than 3/4 of Americans.

I claim to be less gullible in terms of Religious beliefs.

A distinction with a difference.

Religion requires faith.

Faith, that stories written by men long before you were even dreamt up by Nostradamus, are magically true and what lends itself to people having faith in said story books is numbers - strength in numbers. People are afraid to die. At the birth of civilization and forward, humans would seek to rationalize their death. As such, and with far less knowledge of how the world works than is current, snake-oil salesmen who doubled as philosophers were able to put together Religious doctrine as a means of control. So with far less knowledge of how the world works than is current, many adapted to the mores.

It's quite a neat trick. Write a book, claim in the book "there will be doubters!" And then when there are doubters, "wow! What the book said was sooo000o true! Amazing!"

It's gullibility and strength in numbers, that is my opinion of the Religious.

I don't care if you believe me or don't. The correct and irrefutable answer to the question of origins is "we don't know." Anything more is baseless speculation. There is no lofty consequence for stepping into cold reality, surely not a hell. Laughable. My "judgment" if there is a judge will come from my good and bad acts in my life, not my adherence to snake-oil stories. If said judge, if there is one, doesn't agree? Then I don't subscribe to that being's ways in the first place so "buh bye."

I'm still trying to figure out how Noah was able to identify and rescue one male, and one female sand flea....

Three in Four in U.S. Still See the Bible as Word of God.

And so what? Depending upon the geographic region of the U.S. and specifically the planet, you can find numbers of religionists in the majority who believe in very different gods managing very different religions.

I'm still trying to figure out how Noah was able to identify and rescue one male, and one female sand flea....

He snatched them up by hand and then stretched their butts over rain barrels so they wouldn't fly away.

I mean, duh! Everybody knows that.

I would have no problem believing the Bible is the word of God if it weren't so contradictory. One page says don't drink, another page says it's okay, which is it?

I would have no problem believing the Bible is the word of God if it weren't so contradictory. One page says don't drink, another page says it's okay, which is it?

eye for an eye but forgiveness!

My work here is done.

You tell a lot from a sentence, oh magical fairy whisperer.

I don't claim to be smarter than 3/4 of Americans.

I claim to be less gullible in terms of Religious beliefs.

A distinction with a difference.

Religion requires faith.

Faith, that stories written by men long before you were even dreamt up by Nostradamus, are magically true and what lends itself to people having faith in said story books is numbers - strength in numbers. People are afraid to die. At the birth of civilization and forward, humans would seek to rationalize their death. As such, and with far less knowledge of how the world works than is current, snake-oil salesmen who doubled as philosophers were able to put together Religious doctrine as a means of control. So with far less knowledge of how the world works than is current, many adapted to the mores.

It's quite a neat trick. Write a book, claim in the book "there will be doubters!" And then when there are doubters, "wow! What the book said was sooo000o true! Amazing!"

It's gullibility and strength in numbers, that is my opinion of the Religious.

I don't care if you believe me or don't. The correct and irrefutable answer to the question of origins is "we don't know." Anything more is baseless speculation. There is no lofty consequence for stepping into cold reality, surely not a hell. Laughable. My "judgment" if there is a judge will come from my good and bad acts in my life, not my adherence to snake-oil stories. If said judge, if there is one, doesn't agree? Then I don't subscribe to that being's ways in the first place so "buh bye."

Actually, the correct answer is "some know, some don't."

3/4 know.

1/4 don't.

And when you use the term "gullible" you imply stupidity, since the definition of gullible is "to be easily duped". We all know that clever people are only rarely duped...so by claiming that 3/4 of the nation is "gullible" you are claiming that they are dupes, and you are not...now which...dupes, or non-dupes, is considered more intelligent?

You don't understand, because you have a demonstrably limited proficiency with language in the first place.

But the bottom line is this...you are gullible to believe that your lack of knowledge means the answer isn't out there to begin with, and you are stupid to believe your understanding is superior to ANY, let alone 75 percent, of the American population.

Last edited:

You have to have the ability to comprehend, and an understanding of context, history, and language.

You have none.

It's best to ignore the contradictions and errors and proceed on as if they don't exist.

Because the bibles' stories, fables and tales written by man are just that, then consistency demands one extrapolate that same likelihood to, for example, Jesus as a savior, the need for a savior at all, the concept that god decreed a morality, the idea that god created an existence, and the belief that god exists at all. Why stop at this parable or that miracle? Other than for convenience, what arbitrates this decision making process?

Nothing does.

I do wish the idiot 25 percent would just admit...they have difficulty with the English language, and no concept at all of world history, which is why they reject the Bible.

It frustrates them because they aren't smart enough to figure it out.

Here's a tip...pray for enlightenment. And commit to increasing your understanding.

It's amazing what a little earnest application of one's intellect, and a little help from the Holy Spirit, can achieve.

Your belief is a solid minority among American Christians and in the very small minority among all Americans. Biblical literalism counts for little in America today.

And they're right.

And more than half of American disagrees with you, kg, and the majority of that group is Christian.

:eusa_eh:

I do love your nonsense posts, jake.

Last edited:

You have to have the ability to comprehend, and an understanding of context, history, and language.

You have none.

You know so much about what I have! You're amazing! How many fingers am I holding up?

Forum List

Back