Three in Four in U.S. Still See the Bible as Word of God

DAY AFTER DAY"unbelievers" come here and scream their is no GOD!!! GOD TELLS US OVER 3000 YEARS AGO WHY YOU DO THAT!!===That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

Who is *we*, oh schizophrenic one? Because the *we* you're referencing is a tiny, hysterical, crazed minority.

Believers claim atheists are angry. No, atheists just look at believers the same way they might look at someone who claims the Earth is flat, or that the Earth is the centre of the universe: delusional.

The bar theists set for perceived atheist hostility appears to be anyone simply voicing a dissenting opinion or mentioning an inclination towards non-belief. Claiming ‘persecution’ is simply a deflection for theists who are unwilling or unable to deal with open criticism.

When Atheists aren’t considered the least trustworthy group and comprise more than 70% of the population, then we’ll talk about persecution.

DAY AFTER DAY"unbelievers" come here and scream their is no GOD!!! GOD TELLS US OVER 3000 YEARS AGO WHY YOU DO THAT!!===That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

Yea yea yea you've said that a million times. This is how they brainwash the stupid. Drill it into your heads. Not gonna work on us because we are not stupid. You have to get em young. Either brainwash them from birth or get them when they are in their teens or 20's. Very hard to brainwash an adult over 30 unless they are gullible.

If I made up god, I too would say that god says anyone who doesn't believe is a fool and going to go to hell. Guilt em into believing the impossible. That's it. Tell them they won't go to heaven if they doubt or even worse they'll go to hell. That's exactly what I would make up if I were inventing a cult. Christians came from 11 guys. That's a cult. Who's to say they weren't tripping on payote and made the entire thing up? There is zero proof a god exists let alone the christian one. If god is real, make yourself be seen bitch! :eusa_pray:

Yea yea yea you've said that a million times. This is how they brainwash the stupid. Drill it into your heads. Not gonna work on us because we are not stupid. You have to get em young. Either brainwash them from birth or get them when they are in their teens or 20's. Very hard to brainwash an adult over 30 unless they are gullible.

If I made up god, I too would say that god says anyone who doesn't believe is a fool and going to go to hell. Guilt em into believing the impossible. That's it. Tell them they won't go to heaven if they doubt or even worse they'll go to hell. That's exactly what I would make up if I were inventing a cult. Christians came from 11 guys. That's a cult. Who's to say they weren't tripping on payote and made the entire thing up? There is zero proof a god exists let alone the christian one. If god is real, make yourself be seen bitch! :eusa_pray:

SILLY NON-THINKER!! IF YOU CHOSE TO BELIEVE OR CHOSE TO REJECT GOD IS NO SKIN OFF MY NOSE! YOU ARE THE ONE THAT HAS EVERYTHING TO LOSE AND THE FLAMES OF HELL TO GAIN,NOT ME!!! go for it!!!

I did look into it and what I found what that there is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimize it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

It infuriates me because you aren't smart enough to figure this out.

I know it infuriates you. Rage is symptomatic of rejection of God.

You didn't look into the Bible. You went looking for reasons to reject it. you didn't study the text, you didn't delve into history, you didn't objectively compile and review. I doubt you have spent any time in any church as an adult, and if you did, it was because you were *forced* to, and you went with a shuttered and hostile mind.

Your information is carefully filtered through a screen of anger and frustration..you are frustrated because you don't *get* it...and instead of continuing to look into it, like a stupid, spoiled brat you throw the toys down and start throwing things at the other kids.

You're the one who doesn't understand. You're the one with the closed mind and the limited understanding of the suject matter.

And that, in turn, makes you angry.

Which you mistake for some sort of superior understanding.

You are so wrong. I'm not angry. You said we INFURIATE you. Who's the angry bitch now? :lol:

No, I really really wanted to believe in god. I read the bible with an open mind and heart. I just didn't go into it believing. I had so many questions and every one of you mother fuckers kept saying, "just read the bible then we'll talk". Well I read it and still have questions and doubt. Now what? Sorry you read it and it successfully brianwashed you.

1. I couldn't get past the fact that There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

2. Atheists are most often called ‘militant’ when they passionately defend reason and advocate critical thinking. The bar theists set for perceived hostility appears to be any atheist simply voicing an opinion in dissent of religious belief. In contrast, the bar atheists set for perceived theistic hostility is any form of religiously motivated violence or oppression.

Atheism does not preclude someone from being argumentative or insensitive; those things are simply seen as being preferable to killing one another over an imaginary friend.

A ‘militant’ atheist will debate in a University theatre or appeal for the separation of religion and government. A militant theist will kill doctors, stone women to death, incite religious war, restrict sexual and gender equality and convince children they are flawed and worthless – all under the instruction of their imagined ‘god’ or holy book.

It can be argued that there is no such thing as a ‘militant’ atheist, that the term is itself a misnomer, because there is simply no ideology or philosophy in atheism to be militant about. If an atheist is someone who lacks belief in gods, then a ‘militant’ atheist is apparently someone who passionately lacks a belief in gods. All other possible beliefs and ideologies – including any desire to oppress theism – come from outside atheism. This is in contrast to religious belief, which often includes a set of laws and commandments purportedly derived from a supernatural source about which one can be ‘militant’.

Note: ‘Militant’ atheism is most often confused with gosateizm (state atheism), which was based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism. It was this ideology which was responsible for the oppression and murder of theists under several 20th century communist regimes. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods with no inherit moral, political or philosophical baggage.

3. For a long time I didn't believe christianity but I still believed in god. I believed I had a personal relationship with god. Then I talked with some atheist friends and they were successful at opening my eyes to the real truth.

Funny you think you have the truth but you can't convert more jews, muslims and mormons??? I guess none of them/us are buying it. But the jews and muslims happen to be just as stupid as you.

I'm not mad, other than I don't want your god or any god being forced on us. Keep that shit to yourself and we'll get along just fine. :eusa_angel:

You are pretty stupid and ignorant of the subject yet you keep running your mouth and spouting stupid lies.

No wonder people think dumbshits like you is not trustworthy.

Last edited:
SILLY NON-THINKER!! IF YOU CHOSE TO BELIEVE OR CHOSE TO REJECT GOD IS NO SKIN OFF MY NOSE! YOU ARE THE ONE THAT HAS EVERYTHING TO LOSE AND THE FLAMES OF HELL TO GAIN,NOT ME!!! go for it!!!

See this makes no sense. How can we non believers have everything to lose if we don't believe?

See this makes no sense. How can we non believers have everything to lose if we don't believe?

SILLY NON-THINKER!! WHAT A IGNORANT QUESTION!!! YOU NOT BELIEVING TRUTH DOES NOT CHANGE TRUTH!!! Try again to think!

SILLY NON-THINKER!! WHAT A IGNORANT QUESTION!!! YOU NOT BELIEVING TRUTH DOES NOT CHANGE TRUTH!!! Try again to think!

If we don't believe in the concept of heaven or hell, how can you go to either place when you die?

And how does god know who is christian, jew or muslim? when you die does st. peter ask you? if you're a jew does he say...3rd gate down on the left...

You didn't look into the Bible. You went looking for reasons to reject it. you didn't study the text, you didn't delve into history, you didn't objectively compile and review. I doubt you have spent any time in any church as an adult, and if you did, it was because you were *forced* to, and you went with a shuttered and hostile mind.

Your information is carefully filtered through a screen of anger and frustration..you are frustrated because you don't *get* it...and instead of continuing to look into it, like a stupid, spoiled brat you throw the toys down and start throwing things at the other kids.

You're the one who doesn't understand. You're the one with the closed mind and the limited understanding of the suject matter.

You are so wrong. I'm not angry. You said we INFURIATE you. Who's the angry bitch now? :lol:

No, I really really wanted to believe in god. I read the bible with an open mind and heart. I just didn't go into it believing. I had so many questions and every one of you mother fuckers kept saying, "just read the bible then we'll talk". Well I read it and still have questions and doubt. Now what? Sorry you read it and it successfully brianwashed you.

1. I couldn't get past the fact that There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

2. Atheists are most often called ‘militant’ when they passionately defend reason and advocate critical thinking. The bar theists set for perceived hostility appears to be any atheist simply voicing an opinion in dissent of religious belief. In contrast, the bar atheists set for perceived theistic hostility is any form of religiously motivated violence or oppression.

Atheism does not preclude someone from being argumentative or insensitive; those things are simply seen as being preferable to killing one another over an imaginary friend.

A ‘militant’ atheist will debate in a University theatre or appeal for the separation of religion and government. A militant theist will kill doctors, stone women to death, incite religious war, restrict sexual and gender equality and convince children they are flawed and worthless – all under the instruction of their imagined ‘god’ or holy book.

It can be argued that there is no such thing as a ‘militant’ atheist, that the term is itself a misnomer, because there is simply no ideology or philosophy in atheism to be militant about. If an atheist is someone who lacks belief in gods, then a ‘militant’ atheist is apparently someone who passionately lacks a belief in gods. All other possible beliefs and ideologies – including any desire to oppress theism – come from outside atheism. This is in contrast to religious belief, which often includes a set of laws and commandments purportedly derived from a supernatural source about which one can be ‘militant’.

Note: ‘Militant’ atheism is most often confused with gosateizm (state atheism), which was based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism. It was this ideology which was responsible for the oppression and murder of theists under several 20th century communist regimes. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods with no inherit moral, political or philosophical baggage.

3. For a long time I didn't believe christianity but I still believed in god. I believed I had a personal relationship with god. Then I talked with some atheist friends and they were successful at opening my eyes to the real truth.

Funny you think you have the truth but you can't convert more jews, muslims and mormons??? I guess none of them/us are buying it. But the jews and muslims happen to be just as stupid as you.

I'm not mad, other than I don't want your god or any god being forced on us. Keep that shit to yourself and we'll get along just fine. :eusa_angel:

You are pretty stupid and ignorant of the subject yet you keep running your mouth and spouting stupid lies.

Yea, I'm a stupid head. Not so ignorant I didn't consider myself one of you for well over 20 years. Consider this pussy, I have been on both sides. Have you ever even considered that man made god, not the other way around? Ever consider that the bible was written 80 years after? Ever consider that only 11 men spread this cult story? No record of jesus in the roman logs. He was a small cult leader.

Science and atheists say you are the stupid poo poo head. They are polite so they say they are agnostic atheists because no one can know who's hiding on the other side of the moon right now, right? :cuckoo: You fucking retard. Wake the fuck up. There is no god. Gysinhermouth is now telling me I'll burn in hell for doubting her bullshit. Fuck you and her. You believe in an invisible fucking man! If I seem militant it's because when someone tells me there is an invisible man watching us and loves me but will send me to hell if I don't believe, even though he won't show himself. I have to believe a corrupt fake ass church that was started by 11 men? Judas killed himself remember? What a great fucking story. What a joke. Only thing dumber is muslims and mormons.
:cuckoo: But you are convinced I'm the stupid poo poo head.

I do wish the idiot 25 percent would just admit...they have difficulty with the English language, and no concept at all of world history, which is why they reject the Bible.

It frustrates them because they aren't smart enough to figure it out.

Here's a tip...pray for enlightenment. And commit to increasing your understanding.

It's amazing what a little earnest application of one's intellect, and a little help from the Holy Spirit, can achieve.

I did look into it and what I found what that there is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimize it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

It infuriates me because you aren't smart enough to figure this out.

You do more damage to the witness for Christ than twenty devils.

It wasn't sad the millions of years before I was born and lived and I won't be sad when I die and another couple million years go by and I'm gone.

Oh yea, and another thing. I always ask you guys to keep emotion out of the conversation. When I'm telling you that I don't believe in not only your god but any god, please refrain from:

a. Telling me I'm going to go to hell. Fuck you bitch. How harshly you judge you will be judged.

b. Asking me why I'm angry. I'm not. Why are you getting angry?

c. Calling me stupid or closed minded. The odds are there is no god. Nothing you say constitutes proof of a god. That's why you have to have faith to believe. Look up the fucking word dick mouth. I was never anti religion for about 30 years. I was never super religious either. Like most christians, they don't take the bible literally. They maybe believe in god but never really gave it much thought, and never even imagined that the entire jesus story could be made up.

d. Tell me I haven't looked into it deep enough. Trust me, it is you who hasn't considered both options. Either a. Jesus is lord or B. The whole thing is made up. If you have, how do you reconcile the facts that there is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst. The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimize it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature. The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

That is an awful lot for someone to reconcile, no? :eusa_pray:

Yea, I'm a stupid head. Not so ignorant I didn't consider myself one of you for well over 20 years. Consider this pussy, I have been on both sides. Have you ever even considered that man made god, not the other way around? Ever consider that the bible was written 80 years after? Ever consider that only 11 men spread this cult story? No record of jesus in the roman logs. He was a small cult leader.

Science and atheists say you are the stupid poo poo head. They are polite so they say they are agnostic atheists because no one can know who's hiding on the other side of the moon right now, right? :cuckoo: You fucking retard. Wake the fuck up. There is no god. Gysinhermouth is now telling me I'll burn in hell for doubting her bullshit. Fuck you and her. You believe in an invisible fucking man! If I seem militant it's because when someone tells me there is an invisible man watching us and loves me but will send me to hell if I don't believe, even though he won't show himself. I have to believe a corrupt fake ass church that was started by 11 men? Judas killed himself remember? What a great fucking story. What a joke. Only thing dumber is muslims and mormons.

Seriously do you fact check the shit you write? It's flat out wrong. That's why I know you're ignorant and too stupid to see how dumb your arguments are.

I don't know if you're going to Hell because only God know who all the Saints are. I do know that Hell definitely exists, and a vast majority of people are going to go to Hell.

"Despite some evidence that Americans are becoming more detached from formal religion, the vast majority of Christians, and therefore of Americans, still view the Bible as God's word. The 28% adhering to biblical literalism in the trend question is down about 10 percentage points since the late 1970s. But that decline mainly occurred in the 1980s and 1990s. Ever since, the figure has varied between 27% and 34%, with the current 28% on the low end of that range."

"Ultimately, the finding that nine in 10 Christians believe the Bible emanates from God indicates that U.S. Christians are Christian in more than name only."

Wait, 1 in 10 Christians believe the Bible is neither the literal word of god, nor god-inspired? What the hell do they believe, and how are they calling themselves Christian? :confused:

They're non-Christians who are lying in order to skew the results of the study.

No, all Christians can believe in their own way and all have their different kind of works to believe in. Thinking that the Bible was not the literary wors from God, but just a person who liked to write the Bible doesn't immediately make you a non-Christian.

When you write two sentence responses that include grammatical train wrecks you don't inspire much confidence either.

Seriously do you fact check the shit you write? It's flat out wrong. That's why I know you're ignorant and too stupid to see how dumb your arguments are.

I don't know if you're going to Hell because only God know who all the Saints are. I do know that Hell definitely exists, and a vast majority of people are going to go to Hell.
Rather than call him ignorant and stupid, why not provide an argument defending your position? I haven't seen you do this. All you do is respond in a way that is equally rude and dismissive and ugly as his posts admittedly are. Reading your exchanges, what would it be about your posts that would attract a reader to your faith, considering your beliefs lead you to be just as unappealing and crude?
In other words, who needs a god to become an asshole? What about you and your faith is inspiring?
You say you don't know who is going to hell but you "know" there is one.
How do you know?
If most people are going there, how did god fail so completely in his creation if the majority of it is going to be eternally incinerated?

Which fact is wrong? That the Bible, more specific the New Testament( since we're talking about Jesus here) was not written 80 years after his death?

Fact: The New Testament was written during a much shorter period, i.e. during the last half of the first century AD.
When was the Bible written? ? Biblica

Or is are they wrong that the apostles did not spread the messafe of Jesus and his religios?

Fact, from the Bible nonettheless:
Mark 16:20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

So are these facts wrong?

Last edited:
"Despite some evidence that Americans are becoming more detached from formal religion, the vast majority of Christians, and therefore of Americans, still view the Bible as God's word. The 28% adhering to biblical literalism in the trend question is down about 10 percentage points since the late 1970s. But that decline mainly occurred in the 1980s and 1990s. Ever since, the figure has varied between 27% and 34%, with the current 28% on the low end of that range."

"Ultimately, the finding that nine in 10 Christians believe the Bible emanates from God indicates that U.S. Christians are Christian in more than name only."

Those people are insane.

Right Noomi. 3 out of 4 people are insane and you're the sane one.

The one who thinks sex toys and sexual jokes at high school award ceremonies are the pinnacle of sophistication.

Right Noomi. 3 out of 4 people are insane and you're the sane one.

The one who thinks sex toys and sexual jokes at high school award ceremonies are the pinnacle of sophistication.

World wide it's not 3 in 4.

It's more likely you're NOT a Christian, counting the world's entire population, than you ARE a Christian. Strength in numbers is not an argument anyway.

Forum List

Back