Three in Four in U.S. Still See the Bible as Word of God

Wait, 1 in 10 Christians believe the Bible is neither the literal word of god, nor god-inspired? What the hell do they believe, and how are they calling themselves Christian? :confused:

They're non-Christians who are lying in order to skew the results of the study.

No, all Christians can believe in their own way and all have their different kind of works to believe in. Thinking that the Bible was not the literary wors from God, but just a person who liked to write the Bible doesn't immediately make you a non-Christian.

Yes, but my point was that if you don't think the Bible is the literal word of god and you don't think it was inspired by god, well, if god didn't have anything to do with it, it wouldn't make much sense as a religious book, would it? :lol:

They're non-Christians who are lying in order to skew the results of the study.

No, all Christians can believe in their own way and all have their different kind of works to believe in. Thinking that the Bible was not the literary wors from God, but just a person who liked to write the Bible doesn't immediately make you a non-Christian.

Yes, but my point was that if you don't think the Bible is the literal word of god and you don't think it was inspired by god, well, if god didn't have anything to do with it, it wouldn't make much sense as a religious book, would it? :lol:

I was watching a show about Egypt during king tuts era and they were talking about their religion. These slaves believed in god because their pharaoh's told them they were gods. Average life span 22 years old. Sheep basically. So it got me thinking how improbable the old testament stories are yet people who are jewish or christian can't escape that the start of their religion is absolutely insane. Most christians fall back on "well I follow the new testament" but that one isn't reliable or believable either. The old wasn't written by Moses and the new wasn't written jesus. And both written at a later date, of first hand accounts. Possibly ripped off old Pagan stories. Real reliable. :eusa_liar:

If the christian religion didn't catch on you'd all be pagans.

I was watching a show about Egypt during king tuts era and they were talking about their religion. These slaves believed in god because their pharaoh's told them they were gods. Average life span 22 years old. Sheep basically. So it got me thinking how improbable the old testament stories are yet people who are jewish or christian can't escape that the start of their religion is absolutely insane. Most christians fall back on "well I follow the new testament" but that one isn't reliable or believable either. The old wasn't written by Moses and the new wasn't written jesus. And both written at a later date, of first hand accounts. Possibly ripped off old Pagan stories. Real reliable. :eusa_liar:

GOD'S WORD IS LIVING AND ETERNAL,GOD'S WORD WAS BEFORE CREATION!!!=== In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. JOHN 1:1-5===and you????

Last edited:
You are pretty stupid and ignorant of the subject yet you keep running your mouth and spouting stupid lies.

No wonder people think dumbshits like you is not trustworthy.

Yea, I'm a stupid head. Not so ignorant I didn't consider myself one of you for well over 20 years. Consider this pussy, I have been on both sides. Have you ever even considered that man made god, not the other way around? Ever consider that the bible was written 80 years after? Ever consider that only 11 men spread this cult story? No record of jesus in the roman logs. He was a small cult leader.

Science and atheists say you are the stupid poo poo head. They are polite so they say they are agnostic atheists because no one can know who's hiding on the other side of the moon right now, right? :cuckoo: You fucking retard. Wake the fuck up. There is no god. Gysinhermouth is now telling me I'll burn in hell for doubting her bullshit. Fuck you and her. You believe in an invisible fucking man! If I seem militant it's because when someone tells me there is an invisible man watching us and loves me but will send me to hell if I don't believe, even though he won't show himself. I have to believe a corrupt fake ass church that was started by 11 men? Judas killed himself remember? What a great fucking story. What a joke. Only thing dumber is muslims and mormons.
:cuckoo: But you are convinced I'm the stupid poo poo head.

Seriously do you fact check the shit you write? It's flat out wrong. That's why I know you're ignorant and too stupid to see how dumb your arguments are.

I don't know if you're going to Hell because only God know who all the Saints are. I do know that Hell definitely exists, and a vast majority of people are going to go to Hell.

Care to be specific about what I'm wrong about?

Second of all, how do you know hell or god exists? I was watching a show last night on ancient egypt and their religion was total bullshit too. The kings said they were gods or sons of gods too. What if a jew never wrote the old testament and today we were Pagans? You'd be sure the Pagan gods exist. If you grew up in Saudi Arabia you'd believe in Allah and Israel you'd be a jew. A lot of people have woken up since the Enlightenment period. Where finally you wouldn't be murdered for questioning the church. It's going to take time for people to move on and realize there is no need for gods. In fact god has gotten us no where. First the flood, then crucifying jesus and now destroying the planet with pollution and plastics. The planet is begging for jesus to come take us away. God has held us back, started wars, used in politics to divide us by appealing to the stupidity and brainwashing of people.

Hell, people who are religious don't care about global warming or pollution because jesus is coming anyways? And I'm supposed to not speak up?

History's Mysteries is not a recognized archaeological, anthropologic or theological source. You should read more books.

GOD'S WORD IS LIVING AND ETERNAL,GOD'S WORD WAS BEFORE CREATION!!!=== In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. JOHN 1:1-5===and you????

Pope Francis: It's OK Not to Believe in God if You Have Clean Conscience

YES!! You will believe the WORD OF GOD or you will believe satan's lies!!!and you??

History's Mysteries is not a recognized archaeological, anthropologic or theological source. You should read more books.

You know you are a nuts when you don't trust PBS Ultimate Tut - About This Episode | Secrets of the Dead | PBS

Lets be honest. If your daddy and mommy told you the Pagan story, you'd be a Pagan. If they were Jewish you'd be a yenta. If they were Muslim you'd be wearing a burka.

YES!! You will believe the WORD OF GOD or you will believe satan's lies!!!and you??

C. None of the above:cuckoo:

You know you are a nuts when you don't trust PBS Ultimate Tut - About This Episode | Secrets of the Dead | PBS

Lets be honest. If your daddy and mommy told you the Pagan story, you'd be a Pagan. If they were Jewish you'd be a yenta. If they were Muslim you'd be wearing a burka.

Wrong again. My parents were atheists. My dad was raised Mormon.

My mom was raised by an atheist who was the son of hardcore Catholic parents.

So much for that theory.

And I already knew you picked up all the knowledge you have off the tube. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out..and you really aren't making yourself look any brighter by admitting to it.

It's just evidence of what a sad state our education system is in. Our entire system, for that matter. Even if you didn't get an education at school, you'd think there would be somebody in the home to direct you...

Wrong again. My parents were atheists. My dad was raised Mormon.

My mom was raised by an atheist who was the son of hardcore Catholic parents.

So much for that theory.

And I already knew you picked up all the knowledge you have off the tube. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out..and you really aren't making yourself look any brighter by admitting to it.

It's just evidence of what a sad state our education system is in. Our entire system, for that matter. Even if you didn't get an education at school, you'd think there would be somebody in the home to direct you...

I'm "stupid" and "making myself look even dumber" just because I guessed your family history wrong? So what? A lot of kids without their parents find god when they are in their teens or twenties. Is that your "GOCHA" point? I show you all this compelling evidence there is no god and you're being petty about nothing? Whatever bitch.

And I don't go all off the tube. Here is a great source that might open your eyes but you're probably too scared you'll go to hell if you open up your mind.

How about instead of telling us to read the bible, which we did and still don't believe, but how about instead you really open up your brain to the idea that man invented god, not the other way around. Trust me you'll be happier.

Why there is no god

When I became convinced that the universe was natural, that all the ghosts and gods were myths, there entered into my brain, into my soul, into every drop of my blood, the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. The walls of my prison crumbled and fell. The dungeon was flooded with light and all the bolts and bars and manacles turned to dust. I was no longer a servant, a serf, or a slave. There was for me no master in all the wide world, not even in infinite space.

I was free to think. Free to express my thoughts, free to live in my own ideal. Free to live for myself and those I loved. Free to use all my faculties, all my senses. Free to spread imagination’s wings, free to investigate, to guess, and dream and hope. Free to judge and determine for myself. Free to reject all ignorant and cruel creeds, all the inspired books that savages have produced, and the barbarous legends of the past. Free from sanctified mistakes and “holy” lies. Free from the fear of eternal pain, free from the winged monsters of the night. Free from devils, ghosts and gods. For the first time I was free.

There were no prohibited places in all of the realm of thought. No error, no space where fancy could not spread her painted wings. No chains for my limbs. No lashes for my back. No flames for my flesh. No Master’s frown or threat, no following in another’s steps. No need to bow or cringe or crawl, or utter lying words. I was free; I stood erect and fearlessly, joyously faced all worlds.

My heart was filled with gratitude, with thankfulness, and went out in love to all the heros, the thinkers who gave their lives for liberty of hand and brain, for the freedom of labor and thought to those who fell on the fierce fields of war. To those who died in dungeons, bound in chains, to those by fire consumed, to all the wise, the good, the brave of every land whose thoughts and deeds have given freedom to the sons of men. And then, I vowed to grasp the torch that they held, and hold it high, That light might conquer darkness still.

Omg, stop. Please. I have done nothing to deserve this!

Lets face it lady all you have is faith, just like every other muslim, mormon, born again, catholic, pagan and jewish nut.

P.S. You guys ask us to read the bible and we did. I asked you to read that link I provided and there is no possible way you could be finished. Are you afraid you'll go to hell if you even read about all the arguments for why there is no god? Perhaps like me you'll be happier when you let that shit go. Don't need it to be a good person.

YES!!! UNDER THE RULE OF THE COMMING ANTI-christ it will be said "it is a good thing to kill christians"!!

Well all the christians will have gone to heaven when the anti christ rules, no? Or are you talking about the sinners who jesus doesn't take with him who try to convert after they see the second coming? Yes, it is true. It will be open season on christians after they nearly destroy the planet. The rest of us who are left won't put up with religion again. Science will be our religion. It has brought us closer to god than religion has.

YES!!! UNDER THE RULE OF THE COMMING ANTI-christ it will be said "it is a good thing to kill christians"!!

Well all the christians will have gone to heaven when the anti christ rules, no? Or are you talking about the sinners who jesus doesn't take with him who try to convert after they see the second coming? Yes, it is true. It will be open season on christians after they nearly destroy the planet. The rest of us who are left won't put up with religion again. Science will be our religion. It has brought us closer to god than religion has.

NO!!! THE DAY AFTER THE RAPTURE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WILL KNOW JESUS IS REAL AND THEY WILL KNOW WHAT A VERY BAD MISTAKE THEY MADE,THEY WILL TURN TO GOD IN THE MILLIONS BUT STILL THEY must try to stay alive under anti christ rule and many will die!!

NO!!! THE DAY AFTER THE RAPTURE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WILL KNOW JESUS IS REAL AND THEY WILL KNOW WHAT A VERY BAD MISTAKE THEY MADE,THEY WILL TURN TO GOD IN THE MILLIONS BUT STILL THEY must try to stay alive under anti christ rule and many will die!!

The anti-christ will have a one world "religion" AND HE WILL PROCLAME HIMSELF GOD!!!

Shouldn't you be drinking the Kool-aid?

The anti-christ will have a one world "religion" AND HE WILL PROCLAME HIMSELF GOD!!!
Sounds pretty cool. When exactly is this going to happen?

NO PRETTY HOT!!!!=And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and [f]brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Judgment at the Throne of God

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
REVELATION 20:10-15

Forum List

Back